Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:41:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you want the Cryptocoin Revival Foundation to take over GPUcoin?  (Voting closed: May 13, 2014, 05:46:52 AM)
Yes - 6 (60%)
No - 1 (10%)
No opinion - 1 (10%)
Who cares... - 2 (20%)
Total Voters: 10

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CRF] Cryptocoin Revival Foundation! ★ COIN REVOLUTION ★ GPUcoin  (Read 4635 times)
Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 05:46:52 AM

Cryptocoin Revival Foundation's effort to revive GPUcoin

GPUcoin has been elected by CRF as Focus Coin

Cryptocoin Revival Foundation
Revives promising coins that have been deserted by their developers, but have strong communities supporting them. The foundation is non-profit and aims at increasing the reliability of the cryptocoin economy by providing a stronger basis for new coins. The foundation foremost offers technical assistance, but also wants to help the coins with marketing and communications. Read more about us at cryptocoinrevival.com.

Read about the organization in this original topic!

What the foundation wants to do for GPUcoin:
1. Create new bitcointalk where the foundation is the Dev.
2. Create new github source that can be updated to be ad up-to-date as possible
3. Release new wallets.
4. Elect a new representative of the coin to run the communications.

First we need the following things:
1. Find out if there is actually a need for the take-over of this coin. We will have a poll to see if you agree to this takeover.
2. Want to know what happened to the original developer.
3. Want to know about possible problems with the coin like a large premine or technical problems.

In a week we will decide if the coin is eligible.

Please respond below! Smiley

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hendr1x

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 12:25:19 PM

Hello Cryptocoin revival foundation.  I am web developer of GPUcoin.  Please don't hesitate to contact me if I can help with this process.  I am willing to invest more time in the project or hand over my piece of the project to another developer.  I assume you know Micryon is the dev for the coin and has been really good about keeping it up-to-date despite the issues we have been having.  I would encourage you to reach out to him as well.
Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 12:57:20 PM

Hello Cryptocoin revival foundation.  I am web developer of GPUcoin.  Please don't hesitate to contact me if I can help with this process.  I am willing to invest more time in the project or hand over my piece of the project to another developer.  I assume you know Micryon is the dev for the coin and has been really good about keeping it up-to-date despite the issues we have been having.  I would encourage you to reach out to him as well.

That's great to hear! What do you think is the best direction for this coin to head? I will PM Micro.

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards
hendr1x

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 03:50:18 PM

To be honest I'm not sure.  There are some ideas floating around our original thread.  Obviously it has to be a community effort.  I would recommend setting up a group effort to reach out to the original owner (Jaymes) and get all the coins that he has.  I might be able to help with this process.
catchcoin

Activity: 333
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 04:18:14 PM

What the foundation wants to do for GPUcoin

huhliki.k

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 07:02:28 PM

To be honest I'm not sure.  There are some ideas floating around our original thread.  Obviously it has to be a community effort.  I would recommend setting up a group effort to reach out to the original owner (Jaymes) and get all the coins that he has.  I might be able to help with this process.
+1
micryon

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 08:45:16 PM

+1

I'm the coin developer.. and owner of current github repo.

It's good that someone is taking over GPUCoin.. I'll be happy to help and assist in any way.

However, you need more of a strategy than just reviving the code.. the code was never dead and has always been maintained.

For promotions, i think it would be great to get someone to own and drive it.

For business angle/use case.. need to be more creative.

VTC: Vi5NxyF6FPCCEQDrsDcA34P8pXe1Yck21y
PDR: PP3EQsV3oX9bBkjpsnESguMHz3tfMqHXhy PlanetDollar
waltsmith

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 05:50:30 PM

I have been very active with, and a strong supporter of, this coin from the start as well. Henrd!x and Micryon can vouch for that at least. I would like to help in any way I can. No huge amounts of technical or marketing skills, but I don't mind some legwork here and there.

waltsmith

Buy cheap GPUs with GPU Coin
Win a video card! - Drawing/Contest
Apostle4444

Activity: 832
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 07:57:07 AM

Would love to see this coin revived. Smiley
Apostle4444

Activity: 832
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 04:56:38 AM

Is this still being revived or was it the worlds shortest revival and death ?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: