Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:37:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin.conf on Imac  (Read 1512 times)
MoonShadow (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 05:11:32 AM

I've recently bought an Imac, so that my children will have less trouble with their schoolwork.  Although it's a great platform for actually doing things that I want to do, it's not anything like BlackboxWM on GNU/Linux.  So I can't seem to find where I need to place the bitcoin.conf file for the newer Bitcoin-Qt client.  Also, I'd like very much to be able to proxy all the connections to Tor, and directly to .onion addresses if this is possible.  In other words, I'd like to set my local bitcoin instance as a hidden service and connect it directly to other such hidden services.  If anyone knows how to do either of these things, please let me know.  If you have already succeeded in starting your bitcoin client as a hidden service, and wouldn't mind another connection, please PM me.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mila

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2012, 02:33:20 PM

hope you find this useful:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=50547.msg663300#msg663300
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Fallback_Nodes#Tor_nodes

otherwise you can always run bitcoin client over tor connecting to ordinary p2p nodes.

your ad here:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: