Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 07:24:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon Gen2&3 ASIC users thread  (Read 3215 times)
ngzhang (OP)

Activity: 592
Merit: 501

We will stand and fight.

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 03:22:54 PM

Here is a general thread for owners of Avalon Gen2 (A3255) and Avalon Gen3 ASIC (e.g. A3233) miners. 

On account of big difference between new MM (Miner manager) based Avalon Gen2 & Gen3 miners and old Gen1 miners, I decide to open a new user thread. 

For old Avalon Gen1 & Gen2 ASIC, Please refer to previous thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=140539.0

This thread is primarily for Avalon self-made miners,  but any other thrid-party clone miner users are still welcome.

ngzhang

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ngzhang (OP)

We will stand and fight.

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 03:24:29 PM

Reserved
tigerfree
Legendary

Activity: 1015
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 04:15:24 PM

I want to make my own clone whatvis the steps  and what is best PCB fab .
Thank you
ngzhang (OP)

We will stand and fight.

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 08:03:56 PM

Thank you

It's nearly impossible to beat Chinese factory, give up please. Smiley
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 08:44:19 PM

Thank you

This. If you don't have your own chips, you'll never compete on price. Find a way to add value or novelty.

xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 09:51:58 PM

Thank you

The honesty in that statement is refreshing!
ngzhang (OP)

We will stand and fight.

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 03:53:08 PM

Thank you

This. If you don't have your own chips, you'll never compete on price. Find a way to add value or novelty.

Actually, even if you developed your own chips, compete on price is still a tough work.

HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 04:18:16 PM

Hi ngzhang,

where is my trade-in units? And where is my lancelot which have been sent to you?

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
ngzhang (OP)

We will stand and fight.

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 04:26:35 PM

Hi ngzhang,

where is my trade-in units? And where is my lancelot which have been sent to you?

All paid unit shipped. Others has been no responses our inquiry email.

All trade-in FPGA boards has been destroyed.
HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 05:30:50 PM

Hi ngzhang,

ngzhang, you're lying. We have tried to contact you so many times to your email. we have never been able to get a feed back. The 陈旭宜 guy has the records, but we do not receive a single miner at all.

It is not that important for me whether I have those miners now at all. But the feeling of being scammed is really bad. I have purchased the lancelot from the market at very high price, as we believe in your promise. I will bring this to public and aware people of this history whenever I see you post or speak.

ngzhang (OP)

We will stand and fight.

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 05:57:13 PM

Hi ngzhang,

ngzhang, you're lying. We have tried to contact you so many times to your email. we have never been able to get a feed back. The 陈旭宜 guy has the records, but we do not receive a single miner at all.

It is not that important for me whether I have those miners now at all. But the feeling of being scammed is really bad. I have purchased the lancelot from the market at very high price, as we believe in your promise. I will bring this to public and aware people of this history whenever I see you post or speak.

The whole process is automatically finished by system, I manually checked all records, all inquiry mail has been sent at least 5 times. Do you think it's safe for me to consider these people abandoned their right?
Most of tradein customers paid and received their tradein units. As a result, I don't think this is our fault.

Furthermore, do you ask for compensate in this thread?

http://bbs.canaan-creative.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=204&extra=&page=1

Additional information:

~250 tradein FPGA boards received, over 170 AvalonGen1 tradein units shipped. ~80 never respond.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 06:02:44 PM

Here is a general thread for owners of Avalon Gen2 (A3255) and Avalon Gen3 ASIC (e.g. A3233) miners. 

On account of big difference between new MM (Miner manager) based Avalon Gen2 & Gen3 miners and old Gen1 miners, I decide to open a new user thread. 

This thread is primarily for Avalon self-made miners,  but any other thrid-party clone miner users are still welcome.

ngzhang

Party of one it seems Smiley Not so many users. Good job!

ngzhang (OP)

We will stand and fight.

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 06:23:42 PM

ngzhang

Party of one it seems Smiley Not so many users. Good job!

Wink

yep, will post some introduction first.

For new MM based avalon2 designs, we shipped ~10K gen2.5 modules until now, but most of them are in domestic.  Maybe this forum is not famous enough for Chinese users. 

After switch all sales tasks to ehash.com, I think I should put more time on this forum again.
HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 06:43:55 PM

Hi ngzhang,

The whole process is automatically finished by system, I manually checked all records, all inquiry mail has been sent at least 5 times. Do you think it's safe for me to consider these people abandoned their right?
Most of tradein customers paid and received their tradein units. As a result, I don't think this is our fault.

Additional information:

~250 tradein FPGA boards received, over 170 AvalonGen1 tradein units shipped. ~80 never respond.

Who knows how many FPGA you have shipped out. We include four persons, and none of them have received anything, or a single word from you.

Even those who have received your "trade-in" received it at very late time, when the gen-1 Avalon at the risk of losing money. You are a liar, ngzhang. Now for me it is already a shit to get your so called compensation, it is such a small money for me now. But I will never forget the emotional feeling of uncertainty and being scammed. You ignored our email asking about the trade-in. We even tried to call xiangfu to ask about the trade-in. You did not respond. You are so self centered.

You have cheated the community. You let people buy the batch 2 and batch 3, as well as chip pre-order. Then you let the wafers which has almost finished on the TSMC production line. Then you guys use some left wafers and chips to build your own mining farm, as you knew well that the batch 3 and chips will dilute your marketing share of the hashing speed. You have mined so greedy and let your batch 3 buyer suffer a lose.

We hate you, ngzhang.

P.S., where the YIFU is fucking around these days?

ngzhang (OP)

We will stand and fight.

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 07:23:55 PM

Hi ngzhang,

Additional information:

Who knows how many FPGA you have shipped out. We include four persons, and none of them have received anything, or a single word from you.

Even those who have received your "trade-in" received it at very late time, when the gen-1 Avalon at the risk of losing money. You are a liar, ngzhang. Now for me it is already a shit to get your so called compensation, it is such a small money for me now. But I will never forget the emotional feeling of uncertainty and being scammed. You ignored our email asking about the trade-in. We even tried to call xiangfu to ask about the trade-in. You did not respond. You are so self centered.

Yes,

A man you called self centered liar never sell a single units or chips to the market when it's at 30 times market prices compare to initial. .
A man you called self centered liar never setup his own mining farm.
A man you called self centered liar refused any bribe for queue jumping.
A man you called self centered liar gave up his life, working day and night, only 31 years old but already greying at the temples .

HorseRider, I know who are you. Anything you can do had no effect on the epic of Avalon project. We are one of the makers of Bitcoin history, and you're only a jerk.
ngzhang (OP)

We will stand and fight.

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 07:35:18 PM

Hi ngzhang,

Additional information:

You have cheated the community. You let people buy the batch 2 and batch 3, as well as chip pre-order. Then you let the wafers which has almost finished on the TSMC production line. Then you guys use some left wafers and chips to build your own mining farm, as you knew well that the batch 3 and chips will dilute your marketing share of the hashing speed. You have mined so greedy and let your batch 3 buyer suffer a lose.

We hate you, ngzhang.

P.S., where the YIFU is fucking around these days?

haha,

Are you a masochism? You just did a detailed description for if Avalon project is operate by you right?  Don't forget to change the project name to Bitmain or Antminer or something like that please, you make me fell sick.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 08:00:33 PM

We are one of the makers of Bitcoin history, and you're only a jerk.

Yes you entered in Bitcoin history as having the first ASIC chips and miners, but unfortunately you also entered in Bitcoin history as the fastest fall after selling chips to a third party before your paying customers resulting in a more than 1 month delay which cut the profits by A LOT. Biggest upswing followed by the biggest downswing. Not even BFL managed to fall as fast as Avalon did. Grats!

xiangfu

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 09:04:20 AM

Avalon3: A new firmware come out: 2014-05-26

Downloads:
    http://downloads.canaan-creative.com/software/avalon2/2014-05-26/

ChangeLog:
    Update to OpenWrt r40859, Update cgminer to 4.3.3
    Add option: --avalon2-cutoff <arg> Set Avalon2 overheat cut off temperature (default: 88)
    Add option: --avalon2-fixed-speed Set Avalon2 fan to fixed speed
    Update default modulars from 3 to 4
    Only display the module that attached
    Ignore frequent stratum message. make MM have more time to hashing
    Fix the share cannot count to correct device(miner thread)
    Cut the ASIC power when network was down for 3 minutes
    Automatic fan speed adjustment
    New feature. module indicator by using the red led
    Fixed hashrate count when start and ignore disabled module
    Fixed a bug that may lose hashrate. 5% ~ 8% hashreate improvement.
    Code improvement: dev type detect, job_id crc16 compare, display GHS, etc.

Communicate:
    http://lists.canaan-creative.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo
    IRC: #avalon @freenode.net

Documents:
    https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Avalon

Xiangfu
sang

Activity: 282
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 10:06:08 AM

I'm using the latest firmware but asic fan speeds up way too much. Before I could set max fan to 40% but now that is ignored. Any way to fix this? Over 40% is way too loud for me.
Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 04:12:55 PM

ngzhang, why did Yifu misinterpret the letter I sent thanking you for the work you did as a threat? Why did he set the price for my trade-ins in BTC after selling bulk coin down to $65/coin and then ignore my attempts via the customer portal or support system to try to mediate a better price?

For more info, check out my thread where I detailed every step:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=150324.msg1597453#msg1597453

I have nothing but respect for you and xiangfu, but I am very displeased with Yifu who I believe was the source of your problems.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: