Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:59:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 5850 driver question..  (Read 2576 times)
asuspowered (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 05:09:36 PM

hey guys.. I got a ASUS 5850 installed... The only driver version that windows 7 loads correctly with is version 8782(cat 10.7).. then if i try to use phoenix i get this error:

*** CAL version mismatch:
This OpenCL build requires version 1.4.467, version 1.4.255 installed. Aborting..

so i installed the new driver 8.500(comes in cat11.2 and up) then phoenix works.. but if i restart my computer the driver makes windows fail to load.. anyone else having this problem? so everytime i restart i have to go to safe mode roll back to 8.782 restart.. then install the driver when windows loads then mine..  just a big pain, wondering if anyone else had this problem?

mining  with sdk2.4 @ 342 mhashs... 880core\300mem  65degreesC
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
LegitBit

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 02:06:24 AM

The 5850 should launch just fine with 11.5 (The latest)
You do not need the SDK on windows, 11.5 Comes with the 2.4 OpenCL driver.

Uninstall the drivers completely with driversweeper.

http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/

Then reinstall.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

Donate : 1EiAKUmTVtqXsaGLKQQVvLT9DDnHsT7jTZ (Block Explorer)
LegitBit

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 02:08:46 AM

Also.. if you prefer to do that without driversweeper:

Step 1: Disable UAC (User Account Control : set it to never notify then restart machine), Uninstall Overclocking Tools (not driver yet), re-download Suite but do not re-install yet.

Step 2: Delete the AMD or ATI folder from C:\ drive.

Step 3: Right-click "My Computer" Click "Manage"

Step 4: Uninstall the driver from the cards, be sure to check the box that says "delete driver software"

Step 5: Run the Catalyst Suit uninstaller and "Express uninstall all ATI products"

Step 6: Open a Run dialogue enter : %temp% then delete all items in this folder.

Step 7: Reboot without network connected, reinstall AMD driver Suite - Be sure to Rick-Click "Run as Administrator"

Step 8: Do a Custom install, not Express, install everything.

Donate : 1EiAKUmTVtqXsaGLKQQVvLT9DDnHsT7jTZ (Block Explorer)
asuspowered (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 08:15:12 PM

thanks guys.. i don't know why but for some reason i can't get it to work. but thanks for the help..

No matter what driver I install.. if its not 8.782, when windows loads its LAGGY.. i mean i wait 10 mins to load windows.. i can't do it.. i've learned to live with starting in safe mode.. removing drivers.. reinstalling to 8.782.. rebooting and then reinstalling driver ;\ big pain but i tried it all.. even fresh windows install ..

thanks anyway.. if anyone does have the same problem n found a solution please share
borgfish

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 06:43:48 AM

Hey,

i got the same problem.
seemed to me it was like loading the driver 2 times, and getting a bluescreen at the second time.
i have not found a solution but reinstalled windows.

here is what was: i got a 4350 and just inserted the new 5850, installed drivers (did not remove old ones). during install, i installed some other stuff too and some component from ati couldnt be installed due to msiexec busy. so i installed the drivers again (no reboot again, no deinstall)
after a reboot i had bluescreens.

with vga mode enabled, i have no bluescreens and no 800x600 vga but full resolution. funny its working as it should with vga enabled so wtf.

i pulled a full disk image backup and removed the 4350 driver before installing 1 time the new driver. even with drivercleaner. same thing.

asuspowered (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2012, 12:59:32 AM

hey guys.. i've had this problem for a longgg time.. I still haven't found a fix but windows would take forever to load if it wasn't the  8782 driver.. what i did was installed deepfreeze. froze the pc with the 8782 driver installed. Then i could install newer drivers and if the computer reboot or i had to restart it, it would load up with the frozen 8782 drivers instead of whatever i updated to for miner to work.. hope this helps..

please if anyone knows the fix for this problem, please share.. I've had this for monthss now... deepfreeze helped alot!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: