Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:34:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Labs - Bitforce Single and Mini Rig Box  (Read 186878 times)
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2012, 11:39:34 PM

... still no sign of these bitstreams/firmwares/whatever ...

they're busy shipping 50 singles a day and answering their 200 emails.

Nevermind that I still haven't gotten a reply to my email from two weeks ago and the forum tracking list only seems indicate about 10 singles are shipping per day

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cuz0882

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 01:07:04 AM

... still no sign of these bitstreams/firmwares/whatever ...

they're busy shipping 50 singles a day and answering their 200 emails.

Nevermind that I still haven't gotten a reply to my email from two weeks ago and the forum tracking list only seems indicate about 10 singles are shipping per day
Judging from the wait list, I would say they are shipping zero a day right now. Also you wouldn't have a technician returning emails regarding sales.
imsaguy
VIP

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2012, 01:23:54 AM

Also you wouldn't have a technician returning emails regarding sales.

You're right.. It's nobody answering emails.

What "I would do" and what "bfl would do" are two very different things.

EIEIO:

rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 01:49:28 PM

I got a response saying they are too busy to make a change to my order's shipping address. I really wish I could be a fly on the wall there to see what's actually going on; if you are really getting so many orders per day that you can't help out customers that have already ordered... well I think any sane business owner would halt sales until the problem is fixed. The volume of orders for an entire month should be enough to make estimates and targets for production far into the future.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
heavyb

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2012, 02:09:53 PM

I got a response saying they are too busy to make a change to my order's shipping address. I really wish I could be a fly on the wall there to see what's actually going on; if you are really getting so many orders per day that you can't help out customers that have already ordered... well I think any sane business owner would halt sales until the problem is fixed. The volume of orders for an entire month should be enough to make estimates and targets for production far into the future.

You never stop taking orders. You hire more workers to keep up with the demand. I cant imagine they aren't making buckets of money everyday with how excited people are over their products. Imagine how much more $ they would be making if customers didn't need to have thousands of dollars sitting idle on their orders before being able to mine with their products. If I only had to wait 2 weeks instead of 8-10, I would have quite a few more of their products.

imsaguy
VIP

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2012, 03:45:28 PM

I just now got a reply back from my June 29th email requesting a change of address.  Alicia from BFL confirmed that they would change the shipping address.

I got a response saying they are too busy to make a change to my order's shipping address.

Sad

EIEIO:

rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 04:14:33 PM

I just now got a reply back from my June 29th email requesting a change of address.  Alicia from BFL confirmed that they would change the shipping address.

I got a response saying they are too busy to make a change to my order's shipping address.

Sad
Left hand, meet right. Right, this is left. Oh look, some feet too! Do we have a brain?

Internal communication seems to be about as good as bitcoinica et al. I only got my response to the office@ address after CCing sonny.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
imsaguy
VIP

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2012, 04:16:15 PM

Sad
Left hand, meet right. Right, this is left. Oh look, some feet too! Do we have a brain?

Internal communication seems to be about as good as bitcoinica et al. I only got my response to the office@ address after CCing sonny.

Only bitcoinica has the excuse of different countries and timezones.  BFL staff sit next to each other.

EIEIO:

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4438
Merit: 1794

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 11:08:08 PM

Sad

That assumes that there are more than 2 people at BFL: Sonny and the old lady who builds everything with a soldering iron ... Cheesy

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 11:51:31 PM

the old lady who builds everything with a soldering iron ... Cheesy
Derp, that's not a soldering iron, it's a hot-air SMD rework system.

sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 11:55:54 PM

the old lady who builds everything with a soldering iron ... Cheesy
Derp, that's not a soldering iron, it's a hot-air SMD rework system.

Are you sure.. that's not a curling iron? ;p

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
BFL

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2012, 12:12:25 AM

RJK, sorry you had trouble getting an address change for delivery.  We're switching into a CRM system to handle the volume more gracefully.  Depending on the state of your account, some address changes are easier to adjust than others.  In the case of PayPal, shipping anywhere other than the original verified address is frowned upon (by PayPal).  In non PayPal cases, we can/do change the address.  However, if it's not yet converted into our newer system then an address change might introduce some risk of confusion.  I don't know who you are to look you up, but I expect this is what happened with your address change request.  The CSR was just being overly careful.

These are necessary growing pains and not a sign of indifference to our customers.  Thanks for your patience.

Butterfly Labs  -  www.butterflylabs.com  -  Bitcoin Mining Hardware
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 01:16:00 AM

RJK, sorry you had trouble getting an address change for delivery.  We're switching into a CRM system to handle the volume more gracefully.  Depending on the state of your account, some address changes are easier to adjust than others.  In the case of PayPal, shipping anywhere other than the original verified address is frowned upon (by PayPal).  In non PayPal cases, we can/do change the address.  However, if it's not yet converted into our newer system then an address change might introduce some risk of confusion.  I don't know who you are to look you up, but I expect this is what happened with your address change request.  The CSR was just being overly careful.

These are necessary growing pains and not a sign of indifference to our customers.  Thanks for your patience.
Sounds good, going from a spreadsheet to a system with a database will certainly do wonders for any business. It was a Bitcoin order and shall I just re-submit in a few days? Perhaps by then you will have completed the switch.

sinkillerj

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 05:33:22 PM

Got my Single the other week, wondering if they even look at these things before they ship, there is a screw falling out of the top of the case, looks like its because a bolt is missing, and its causing the fan to hang down inside. The usb and power are so misaligned I cant actually plug it in to see if it even works. I've sent two emails which they have failed to respond to, and I have now opened a PayPal case. If they are going to warranty against manufacturing defects for 6 months, they could at least honour that when its fresh out of the box.

Long story short, I cant honestly recommend purchasing from BFL.
Turbor
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

BitMinter

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2012, 06:09:39 PM

Got my Single the other week, wondering if they even look at these things before they ship, there is a screw falling out of the top of the case, looks like its because a bolt is missing, and its causing the fan to hang down inside. The usb and power are so misaligned I cant actually plug it in to see if it even works. I've sent two emails which they have failed to respond to, and I have now opened a PayPal case. If they are going to warranty against manufacturing defects for 6 months, they could at least honour that when its fresh out of the box.

Just take off the case and mine without it. My bottom fan died after about one month of usage Undecided. At first I was pissed about the quality and that I had to fix it but the show must go on. I like them better naked...

crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 06:21:04 PM

Just take off the case and mine without it. My bottom fan died after about one month of usage Undecided. At first I was pissed about the quality and that I had to fix it but the show must go on. I like them better naked...

Everything's better naked.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
BFL

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2012, 07:12:31 PM

I believe your question was responded to via customer support email yesterday...  along with the appropriate remedy.  To recap, the board's stability depends on the lower screw to hold it in place.  If it came loose in shipping, please re-insert it and turn the screw until it catches on the standoff inside.  This will arrest the movement of the board and stabilize the USB receptacle.

Alternatively, you can send the unit back for RMA.  Wait time is nil on RMA's.  We stand by our product and apologize for the inconvenience.

Butterfly Labs  -  www.butterflylabs.com  -  Bitcoin Mining Hardware
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4438
Merit: 1794

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 08:26:40 PM

Alternatively, you can send the unit back for RMA.  Wait time is nil on RMA's.  We stand by our product and apologize for the inconvenience.
My BFL half died early this week - but since I can still get one of the FPGA's to hash I'd not risk sending it back due to my total lack of belief in such a statement ...

Do you actually fix them, or just send someone else's RMA'd BFL?

Then of course there was BFL-Engineers comment 2 weeks ago saying there would be new firmware more than a week ago ...
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60586.msg1011661#msg1011661

Yeah it's clear you guys pull date's out of your ass ...

Anyone here RMA'd and got any proof that his statement is true or false?

(Sending shiz from half way across the world is slow and costly enough without having weeks or months to wait added ...)

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 08:31:45 PM

No one has ever posted here about a dead unit other than ngzhang, so presumably they have RMA stock sitting on the shelf in case of issues.

sinkillerj

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 04:33:02 PM

I believe your question was responded to via customer support email yesterday...  along with the appropriate remedy.  To recap, the board's stability depends on the lower screw to hold it in place.  If it came loose in shipping, please re-insert it and turn the screw until it catches on the standoff inside.  This will arrest the movement of the board and stabilize the USB receptacle.

Alternatively, you can send the unit back for RMA.  Wait time is nil on RMA's.  We stand by our product and apologize for the inconvenience.

Well thus far I have yet to receive said email, as for "lower screw" you are going to have to be more specific. As for a RMA, how would I go about that if it comes to that?
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: