Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 04:24:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would u pay in bitcoin?  (Read 8870 times)
bitkilo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 12:46:24 PM

My question is if u see something u would like to buy and this item is offered at a lower price if paid using bitcoins, providing that you don't already have a wallet or coins would you take the time to set up a wallet and buy bitcoins just to be able to receive a discount on the item u wish to purchase?
I believed atm most people would not bother and pay full price,
WHY IS THIS SO?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 01:11:50 PM

It depends on the price of the item. Let's say I saw a $10 mouse pad at a 20% discount. As a guy with no bitcoins I wouldn't even bother to register on some exchange. On the other hand you can buy a car with BTC, e.g. Tesla, in such case getting into BTC is worth it.

███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
bitkilo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 01:30:01 PM

Would bitcoin atm,'s help with this problem of small and instant payments in bitcoin for goods do u think?

Sindelar1938

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 02:25:40 PM

For larger purchases if btc meant a decent discount, yes I absolutely would

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 02:31:15 PM

I sometimes pay a premium if I can pay in bitcoin. My privacy is worth something. I rarely use anything except bitcoin for online purchases anymore. So for me the question is "Would I use a bank card if they offered a steep discount?" 
Maybe, but it has to be a good deal.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
BTC King

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 02:35:02 PM

like others said i think it depends on the price and item you are selling and even in that regard everybody is different
bitgeek

Merit: 251

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 02:41:17 PM

Would bitcoin atm,'s help with this problem of small and instant payments in bitcoin for goods do u think?
Yes, but we need easy to use ATMs, not like those first generation Robocoin machines, that required you to scan your hand for like a minute before it allowed you to actually do anything.

██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
retorica

Activity: 12

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:27:01 AM

yes i will pay in bitcoin.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:30:02 AM

It depends on the price of the item. Let's say I saw a $10 mouse pad at a 20% discount. As a guy with no bitcoins I wouldn't even bother to register on some exchange. On the other hand you can buy a car with BTC, e.g. Tesla, in such case getting into BTC is worth it.

This is pretty much how I feel as well. For items that give enough value to take the time to get BTC, it is well worth it. For example, if I can save $50 off something by spending 10 minutes dealing with Bitcoin, it's a definite yes.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
leslie.leslie

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 06:03:09 AM

yes i would. it is easy as 123 paying online is very convenient.
Benjig

Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 07:47:48 AM

Yes... but the problem is that there needs to be more efficient ways of getting bitcoins more fast.. like atms and that stuff
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 07:56:02 AM

yes i would. it is easy as 123 paying online is very convenient.

The question wasn't in relation to paying with Bitcoin if you already had it, it's about obtaining Bitcoin so you can pay for something.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Predatorian

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 03:07:23 PM

this. It's all itdepands about what price if for an item.

GaryL

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 04:39:37 PM

Only someone buy in bitcoin
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 10:06:28 PM

My question is if u see something u would like to buy and this item is offered at a lower price if paid using bitcoins, providing that you don't already have a wallet or coins would you take the time to set up a wallet and buy bitcoins just to be able to receive a discount on the item u wish to purchase?
WHY IS THIS SO?

The main obstacle right now is the pain-in-the-ass factor of exchanges (identity verification and bank account transfers--ugh!). Right now the answer to your question is no. If Circle can deliver on its promise to provide instant Bitcoin purchases via credit card, I would say yes.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 10:35:30 PM

WHY IS THIS SO?

The main obstacle right now is the pain-in-the-ass factor of exchanges (identity verification and bank account transfers--ugh!). Right now the answer to your question is no. If Circle can deliver on its promise to provide instant Bitcoin purchases via credit card, I would say yes.

It would also help if the benefits were there to help make it worth going through the work. Even discounts on items would go a long way.

BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 11:38:29 PM

WHY IS THIS SO?

Coinbase can do instant purchases but you have to go through quite a bit of identity verification and add a credit card as a backup.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
scryptasicminer

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 12:15:28 AM

WHY IS THIS SO?

Trust is the issue. And people do not change unless he has to.
Corporate

Activity: 74

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 12:30:36 AM

Would I? Yes... this is a bitcoin forum, I think everyone here would...
Would other people? Probably not. Think of it like this, would you buy African Dollars that fluctuate in price to pay for something for what seems to be a cheaper price?
Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1616
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 12:38:44 AM

I sometimes pay a premium if I can pay in bitcoin. My privacy is worth something. I rarely use anything except bitcoin for online purchases anymore. So for me the question is "Would I use a bank card if they offered a steep discount?" 
Maybe, but it has to be a good deal.
+1

To maintain my privacy, I have even gone as far as creating a fake Amazon account with a mail drop address and funding my purchases with Amazon Gyft cards paid with BTC.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: