Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:18:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: what would it take for you to abandon your pet alt?  (Read 112 times)
European Central Bank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 11:50:55 AM
Last edit: May 27, 2018, 12:40:41 PM by European Central Bank

when coins like bitcoin gold and verge are weak enough to be 51%ed you'd expect to see a reflection in the price, yet you rarely do. they carry on trading quite happily.

when you see ICOs have ryan gosling as one of their developers you'd expect no one to put any money in, but they do.

when you see chains being traded on exchanges that literally do not work any more you'd expect them to be worthless, but they're not.

so what would it take for you to walk away from a coin completely? i know it's all ultimately about the dollars but there must be a point where valuations can't be justified at all or is there an infinite enough supply of stupid people to support a price no matter how crappy the underlying asset is?

"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
andthereyou

Activity: 616
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 12:33:09 PM

It's really hard to sell a pet alt. In my case if there's a bad news about the project and in TG the admins are missing or avoid a questions of investors then I will not hesitate to sell it.
alexzorgo

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 06:01:04 PM
Merited by European Central Bank (2)

when coins like bitcoin gold and verge are weak enough to be 51%ed you'd expect to see a reflection in the price, yet you rarely do. they carry on trading quite happily.

when you see ICOs have ryan gosling as one of their developers you'd expect no one to put any money in, but they do.

when you see chains being traded on exchanges that literally do not work any more you'd expect them to be worthless, but they're not.

so what would it take for you to walk away from a coin completely? i know it's all ultimately about the dollars but there must be a point where valuations can't be justified at all or is there an infinite enough supply of stupid people to support a price no matter how crappy the underlying asset is?

Einstein said: "Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe."
The Darwin Award will be issued until the end of the disappearance of mankind
Vilianms

Activity: 134
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 06:40:29 PM

My logic is this. I believe that investors are very sensitive in the investment field. For example, participating in ICO should be considered very carefully. So if the project party has bad news, there will certainly be a large number of players to sell.
MrBlack001

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 06:44:06 PM

I was more or less 'in love' with Neo for a while. Then a couple of months ago their blockchain several times stopped producing blocks (some node problems) and following that I had also some problems with transferring to and from the Neo wallet. Was the time to sell for me.
UsernameBitcoin

Activity: 530
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 04:23:16 PM

Mostly the only reason that I would abandon my altcoin is if the team behind the coin stops working on that coin which would mean that the are letting the coin fail. Since  I do not wish to end up with a bunch of dead coins on my hands that I cannot sell then I will dump such a coin before they become delisted and worthless. Better to be safe than sorry.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
BTCeminjas

Activity: 322
Merit: 23

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 04:35:06 PM

Mostly the only reason that I would abandon my altcoin is if the team behind the coin stops working on that coin which would mean that the are letting the coin fail. Since  I do not wish to end up with a bunch of dead coins on my hands that I cannot sell then I will dump such a coin before they become delisted and worthless. Better to be safe than sorry.
Lol, I am in with the line above saying that better to be safe than sorry. Yes, agreed on that because of mostly altcoins as what I have observed after launching in the market cap it only takes a month of pumping, after that it is worthless or to become a shitcoins.
I don't hesitate to sell my altcoins after receiving it as a reward. Better to be safe than sorry. Grin Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: