Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 07:01:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What language would you like to learn (speaking) the most?  (Read 3653 times)
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 06:39:40 AM

I speak three languages already. I was brought up speaking one language to my mother, one language at home and one in school. I can now say I fully understand them all, but can only speak and write fluently in two of them.
If I could learn another, I'd like to learn Chinese. Truth it's, that's unrealistic. So, I'd probably go for Spanish. It's relatively easy and quite similar to French.
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 06:40:16 AM

Learning spoken language is actually fairly easy, but when you try to learn Hiragana and Katakana it's like somebody just vomited a load of weird characters on the screen, even worse when it's kanji, I still haven't understood how you link up the characters to make the full words yet.

Any online tutorials/lessons I've found have done this typical thing of skipping over the part you really need Sad

I was just thinking the same thing myself.  The "characters"  looks so confusing to me and it would be nice to understand that also and things like calligraphy also intrigue me.
counter

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 06:46:14 AM

I speak three languages already. I was brought up speaking one language to my mother, one language at home and one in school. I can now say I fully understand them all, but can only speak and write fluently in two of them.
If I could learn another, I'd like to learn Chinese. Truth it's, that's unrealistic. So, I'd probably go for Spanish. It's relatively easy and quite similar to French.

I find that fascinating that you were able to learn 3 languages as a child.  At a time when a persons mind is ready to absorb so much information I'm wondering how hard it would be for me an adult.  I must admit you envy you and I hope you able to use your linguistic ability for many things in the future.
Acidyo

Activity: 588

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 07:30:26 AM

Japanese, mainly because of the anime/manga I've been watching ever since I was a kid. Love the culture.
Chinese would also be very handy to know.

Right now I speak 4 languages fluently and am wondering which one to target next. Wink
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 07:50:23 AM

I find that fascinating that you were able to learn 3 languages as a child.  At a time when a persons mind is ready to absorb so much information I'm wondering how hard it would be for me an adult.  I must admit you envy you and I hope you able to use your linguistic ability for many things in the future.

Thanks Smiley
I'll admit that as much as I try, I still respond to my mother in English despite her only speaking French to me. It has proved to be handy before when abroad and also making some exams easier too. I should definitely try to practice using it more.
If you're looking for good tools, I recommend Rosetta Stone. It's an expensive kit, but you can pick some language courses up quite cheaply online.
counter

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:12:26 AM

Thanks for the advice.  I"m going to learn Spanish.  I've always wanted to learn it so if I can find Rosetta Stone and the price is right I'll be sure to grab it!   Wink
antongal

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:20:14 AM

french Smiley
mShz

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:31:17 AM

Arabic and chinese

CoolCoin - Free+IPO POS 30%. CZALWWAXsFHPG8uS7A1dFqVwCvbhLVXJPY
Tedward

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 09:16:15 AM

French and Italian sound like nice languages. I've never bothered to learn another though.
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 10:18:16 AM

I would like to learn Japanese or Chinese Smiley or German Smiley
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 10:21:02 AM

Spain and German would be cool, but don't have time for it  Angry
androz

Activity: 728

Crypto-ideologist

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 10:26:11 AM

Italian without doubt
So soothing to the ear, so mellifluous!

i have always had a interest in learning the Sicilian accent and language and mix english and Sicilian , you know like they do in mafia movies ,, its pretty cool , Cheesy

Wow, i'm really surprised about the popularity of italian language here

But le me understand ...
maybe because i'm italian motherlanguage, but i don't find it so "beautiful" nor "useful".

I'm realizing that the coolness of italian language is mainly derived from movies  Smiley

I think that would be better learn wide spoken languages like chinese, spanish, arabic .

However, if you learn italian you will be able to understand (very roughly) a bit of spanish, Portuguese, french, and a dead language like latin.

viriat0

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 10:26:28 AM

i like to learn Japanese or Chinese! Xingling
androz

Activity: 728

Crypto-ideologist

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 10:36:56 AM

Thanks for the advice.  I"m going to learn Spanish.  I've always wanted to learn it so if I can find Rosetta Stone and the price is right I'll be sure to grab it!   Wink

mmh, rosetta stone use a particolar full immersion approach that imaho could be useful only if you are very young.
Just for hobby i tried it (for japanese) and even if i was able to aswer correctly to the quiz inside RS, at the end i was still confused.
That happens because they don't show you the translation of the words. They show only pictures, so sometimes you could mistake the word "child" with "son" or "nephew".

If u get it free, try it, but if you want pay full price, think twice.

Caelan

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 10:45:53 AM

I like to learn
1. French,
2. Mandarin,
3. Russian,
4. Germany.
tekke
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 10:48:46 AM

For fun: French
From a business point of view: Mandarin
saif92

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 10:53:30 AM

Currently I can speak only  2 languages and now working hard for 2 more taking too much time but I am also trying hard for them German and French I love to learn them

Chrithu

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 11:01:16 AM

I'd love to learn Spanish. People always say french was such a nice language to listen to. I recently had people from Spain sitting next to me in cinema in cologne and I overheard them talking in Spanish: It's such a nice fluent language. It just sounded beautiful. Much better than french. But maybe I am biased because the people happened to be nice looking women Wink.

bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 11:13:54 AM

I always wanted to learn Japanese too, their way of speaking is so pleasant to listen to. Writing is so difficult though. In reality I'll probably try to learn Spanish or Italian, latin based langiages are the easiest. 

███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
sana8410

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 01:30:53 PM

I want to learn Japanese because it seems interesting and the culture is interesting. I would LOVE to visit Japan one day.Also speak fluent english,spanish and french

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: