Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:19:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Withdaw money from MtGox  (Read 2230 times)
ronaldmaustin (OP)

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2011, 10:47:47 PM

Has anyone had success withdrawing thier money from MtGox lately?  I tried doing a witdrawal via Liberty Reserve and that did not work.  It said withdrawal via Liberty Reserve was down.  My preference would be a withdrawal via wire transfer but I cannot seem to reach anyone at MtGox to put that into effect.  I see no place where I can interact with them on the site and I've e-mailed info@mtgox and have received no reply.  How do you get your money out of MtGox short of buying back bitcoins and sending them elsewhere for exchange???
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mcdett

Activity: 157

View Profile
April 18, 2011, 10:56:42 PM

bump

Didn't Liberty Reserve get shut down?
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 18, 2011, 11:25:05 PM

Has anyone had success withdrawing thier money from MtGox lately?  I tried doing a witdrawal via Liberty Reserve and that did not work.  It said withdrawal via Liberty Reserve was down.  My preference would be a withdrawal via wire transfer but I cannot seem to reach anyone at MtGox to put that into effect.  I see no place where I can interact with them on the site and I've e-mailed info@mtgox and have received no reply.  How do you get your money out of MtGox short of buying back bitcoins and sending them elsewhere for exchange???

It seems that MtGox was sold to a person living in Japan, who has had limited contact since the tsunami.  MtGox has apparently been mostly running on auto-pilot since the tsunami.  No advice as to how you should proceed.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
xf2_org

Activity: 98
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 18, 2011, 11:51:32 PM

No.  Liberty Reserve is up and working.

It seems that MtGox was sold to a person living in Japan, who has had limited contact since the tsunami.  MtGox has apparently been mostly running on auto-pilot since the tsunami.  No advice as to how you should proceed.

MagicalTux has been actively posting on this forum, developing new features and such.

ronaldmaustin (OP)

Activity: 143

View Profile
April 19, 2011, 12:03:44 AM

No, actually I just re-emailed the guy and he got back to me immediately and offered a free bank transfer right now.  His name was Mark something, so I doubt he personally is in Japan, but you never know.  LR is up.  It did get shut down for a day or two a couple of weeks ago due to a server change or something.  Downtime is not a good thing when money is involved.  Anyhow, I'll report back on how long the wire transfer takes.  The exchangers are cutthroats.  It costs 2% just to put your money into LR because you pay 1% and you pay MtGox's 1%.  Then you supposedly pay 3% or so to exhange LR for USD.  However, when I did it, the fee was $26!  Should have been $6.  Mabye the LR money exchanger charges $20 for the bank transfer, but they advertise that they don't.  $200 turned into $170 in minutes.  I did not go through with the transaction and just sent the $196 back to MtGox.  I'd sooner change it back to Bitcoins and have it delivered instantly to my PayPal via coincard.ndrix.com, where I've had good luck and good service in the past.
xf2_org

Activity: 98
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 19, 2011, 12:11:08 AM

Mark Karpeles, and yes, he is actually in Japan: http://twitter.com/MagicalTux/
gigabytecoin

Activity: 280
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 19, 2011, 08:45:41 AM

bump

You're mistaking Liberty Reserve with the Liberty Dollar.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: