Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:36:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Let me get this right about lenders?  (Read 2052 times)
RaggedMonk

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2012, 01:13:18 AM

so you rather i spend the bitcoin on something worse like a hit on someone?

Sorry, I'd loan you the money, but I currently have all my money tied up in hits on various enemies.  Grin
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rexcoin (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2012, 01:14:24 AM

I would never loan to a gambler.  What if you decided to gamble with my loan money, and then owed 4 people 170 BTC?  How are you going to pay that?  And how am I going to be sure you will pay it back?

Im going to guess you dont read my threads or posts at all (which is fine).

As i said on my post/thread the money i would get a loan on would go to the 3 people I owe, so that only 1 person is owed, i am going to pay by the way i stated on my post/thread. Isnt it a risk to loan anyone? not sure if you are religious but the only person that i think that would always pay back 100% is god.
I have read some of your other threads.

The fact that you have to get a loan to pay back 3 other people is not comforting to me.  What would be comforting to me, is to say, "hey, I paid back these other three lenders out of my own pocket!"  As it is, you're just transferring the loan balance, which accomplishes nothing in a practical sense.  And for some reason, I have a hard time believing that you want to pay 20% interest just so you can drop your daily payments from 3 down to 1.  I'd much rather click the "send" button 3 times and keep that extra $90 in my pocket for the trouble.  Especially if I was so poor I couldn't even pay back loans I was making.

Sure, every loan is risky.  But loaning to a compulsive gambler is one of the more risky loans a person could make.  You are a very high-risk person to loan to, based on what you've told me.

Yes i do plan to pay out of my pocket for this new loan.
I will edit this post more when i get more time, you have alot of valid points.
rexcoin (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2012, 01:16:42 AM

Man 3 of you responded when i was typing to one person! thanks or all your thoughts on this subject.

I learned alot thank you so much! will re-edit my post soon, along with a new loan thread which will make mroe sense.
PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2012, 01:26:05 AM

I have said on pm ad I'll say it here publicly that I don't think it would be good for either of us to do another loan at this point.  Further, it is good lending practice to see someone pay off all of their loans before making a new loan.

For loans to people with computers or transfers, that just gives some collateral that we can seek compensation from.

In the "real" world, banks lend money to people who don't need it.  If you can't demonstrate you have more than you need, you're shit out of luck.
rexcoin (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2012, 01:41:14 AM

I posted a new loan thread - i think im going to get some gambling counseling - seriously i could be doing so much more then gambling right now.
rexcoin (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2012, 01:42:36 AM

And to be sure i lowered the loan request amount, thanks guys again!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: