Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:23:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I just compiled an executable on linux, now what?  (Read 307 times)
Dimelord (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 01:50:39 AM

A few days ago, I posted a help thread about my "coin". I finally got the thing compiled right, but now I face some new obstacles. First of all, the only thing I got was a linux executable. I put it in a folder with the proper .conf file, but it crashes once it reaches the normal wallet screen. It goes through the startup process fine from what I can tell. It flashes the wallet for a second and then its gone. Could this be a coding issue? No errors were reported during compilation. I suspect, that it is missing the wallet.dat among other things. How would I go about making one? What else do I need? I switched over from windows, so i have nothing that I can transfer over.

I think I may be abusing this forum section. Sorry Grue  Embarrassed

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 03:50:28 AM

bitcoin core runs fine without any .conf or wallet files. you must have broke something when you modified it for dimecoin. i would suggest looking at the debug logs or attaching a debugger.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: