Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:37:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Project Development] CoinWorker.com - earn bitcoin in your browser in minutes  (Read 38424 times)
WargeGeoshington (OP)

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

proprietor of http://coinworker.com

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2012, 04:25:04 AM

During my testing, there were tasks that even with my attentive effort, I fell below the target accuracy level. So, I was disqualified from further activity in those tasks.

I could have taken issue with some, but accept that the assessment process is imperfect... the instructions aren't always great, there are going to be subjective borderline calls, task providers may rationally have a hair-trigger test for moving on to other workers (or not), etc.

(Also: with the 'predict the Academy Awards' task, I mistakenly backed out before filling it out completely... then couldn't return, so had no chance to submit it. Oh, well.)

If a certain task seems to have too many gotchas, maybe it's just better suited for another tasker... and as we get more variety of tasks it should be easier for CoinWorkers to just move on to something more suited to their understanding.

And if things behave a little different from one day to the next -- these are multilayered systems, always being tuned, always facing glitches, always having one part slowly catch up to the other. I would expect both positive and negative surprises in the task-flows over time.

(So far during the test period, at least three tasks have been mistakenly double-paid due to glitches in my software on restarts. Oh, well.)

Please don't run tests where you intentionally do tasks wrong or without thought! You'll just get your browser / IP / region / channel (CoinWorker) / etc increasingly marked as being sloppy/unreliable for certain tasks.

{Warge

CoinWorker.com - earn bitcoins in minutes from any browser
follow @CoinWorking or like CoinWorker on Facebook for updates

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vorksholk
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2012, 04:36:07 AM

Yeah, that's why I asked if you wanted me to pursue the issue with granting too much leeway or not, figured it might have other implications, wasn't sure.

Anyhow, there is an annoying bug (not sure if it is just my system) but when I try to send feedback on a question, I end up getting a message about enabling something or another whenever I type the letter "t". Other than that, haven't had any other problems, and noticed you made it so that there is some check to make sure you entered a bitcoin address instead of a name or something, awesome Smiley

I've had a bit of trouble with some questions being marked kinda odd (or being marked one way one time or one way the other) as well, hasn't seemed like too much of an issue yet, I shall see...

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org
AndDuffy

Activity: 76

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 04:53:31 AM

Warge, will there ever be a way to figure out the exchange rate from "points" to BTC? I think that that should be listed somewhere on the site, even if it's an estimate.

WargeGeoshington (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2012, 05:07:14 AM

Warge, will there ever be a way to figure out the exchange rate from "points" to BTC? I think that that should be listed somewhere on the site, even if it's an estimate.

You can think of "points" as being exactly equal to $USD cents.

In any of the displayed earnings logs, if you hover over the BTC value of an earnings event, you should see a tooltip of what exchange rate was used to calculate that estimate/payment. For past payments, this is also shown atop the transaction-detail view.

After a while, I should be more confident of all the systems' ability to acquire/pay BTC promptly, which would mitigate my risks from exchange costs/risks. Then it's possible the tasks will just be quoted in BTC directly... or probably 'milliBits'/mBTC (1000 mBTC = 1BTC as per https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/MilliBit).

{Warge

WargeGeoshington (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2012, 05:18:18 AM
Last edit: February 22, 2012, 06:54:33 AM by WargeGeoshington

Yeah, that's why I asked if you wanted me to pursue the issue with granting too much leeway or not, figured it might have other implications, wasn't sure.

Anyhow, there is an annoying bug (not sure if it is just my system) but when I try to send feedback on a question, I end up getting a message about enabling something or another whenever I type the letter "t". Other than that, haven't had any other problems, and noticed you made it so that there is some check to make sure you entered a bitcoin address instead of a name or something, awesome Smiley

I've had a bit of trouble with some questions being marked kinda odd (or being marked one way one time or one way the other) as well, hasn't seemed like too much of an issue yet, I shall see...

I've reproduced the 'T' glitch and also have seen another weird glitch where it seemed it was dinging me for a slightly different query than I'd answered! I'm reporting both to the task-UI-managers.

Yes, now there's a very simple proper-format check to protect against misentered addresses. An update soon will include a proper check of the embedded checksum for even more protection against typos/mis-pastes.

{Warge

Vorksholk
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2012, 03:51:59 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2012, 04:57:49 AM by Vorksholk

This is not a big deal in the least, but just thought I'd point out this bug I've come across a few times. Here is a screenshot... It is basically where the two rolls for choices for choosing if search terms are satisfactory get kinda stuck. It's not a big deal, prob. an API problem anyhow, just thought I'd make you aware of it.
CoinFlower API glitch by RandomCoinWorker, on Flickr

EDIT: Happens when scrolling while the "slide" is changing.

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org
Therilith

Activity: 62

100X100111XX10

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 08:39:07 AM

"Flag images that contain adult content (Contains mature content)"

I... can get paid for looking at pictures of naked people?

<3

Money is power. If you would like to transfer some of your power to me (making yourself weaker and me stronger), use the following address: 1PoFSpghmpsebfwZwnu5PPmmv2u9uYgJKo
WargeGeoshington (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2012, 01:38:16 AM

...this bug I've come across a few times...

Upon checking, the best way to report this sort of thing is via the 'help' drop-down in the top-right of the tasks view, which includes a link to 'Send Feedback' -- then the report can get to the task-creators, and should be associated with exactly the job/tasks that were active around the time of the report.

{Warge

WargeGeoshington (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2012, 05:15:28 AM

New stuff just added:

• A new 'Extended Address' option, which lets you mix your address with a password to prevent any possible interference with your work history by others entering the same address. (There's been no evidence of that happening, but just in case!) See http://coinworker.com/extended for details.
  • A Help/FAQ page: http://coinworker.com/help

And, there are now over 20 kinds of tasks available, ranging from flagging adult images (3 points) to "Search for terms and record the search results" (32 points).

{Warge

Therilith

100X100111XX10

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 05:46:46 AM
Last edit: February 24, 2012, 06:07:17 AM by Therilith

I created an extended version of the address I've been using for a while now, started a new task (Flag images that contain adult content) and noticed that it still showed my old accuracy (95%). Working as intended?

Sometimes some of the pictures in "Flag images that contain adult content" don't load properly, forcing you to click "zoom" on each individual picture to see it. Sort of time consuming and annoying.

EDIT: Is it supposed to inform you every time you make a mistake on a control question? Sometimes my accuracy just decreases for no apparent reason.

EDIT: I've completed 3 tasks with my new extended address, and none of the payments show up on the main page or in the address activity log.

Money is power. If you would like to transfer some of your power to me (making yourself weaker and me stronger), use the following address: 1PoFSpghmpsebfwZwnu5PPmmv2u9uYgJKo
WargeGeoshington (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2012, 06:48:28 AM

I created an extended version of the address I've been using for a while now, started a new task (Flag images that contain adult content) and noticed that it still showed my old accuracy (95%). Working as intended?

There was a bug where Extended Addresses were still just registering for tasks as the plain address. That should be fixed now: if you force-reload any tasks pages that were reached via the 'Extended' form, they should start the proper identity.

Any tasks completed as 'Extended' during the last hour or so would have just been treated as plain address tasks.

Sometimes some of the pictures in "Flag images that contain adult content" don't load properly, forcing you to click "zoom" on each individual picture to see it. Sort of time consuming and annoying.

This sort of glitch could be reported via the top-right 'Help'->'Give Feedback' link to get the attention of those who craft the task interface. You can include your 'Contributor ID' on such feedback to help them look up your recent sessions.

EDIT: Is it supposed to inform you every time you make a mistake on a control question? Sometimes my accuracy just decreases for no apparent reason.

I thought all tracked errors would get coaching, but I'm not sure. I've seen or heard of a few cases of inconsistency in error-reporting. If you notice the issue recurring, I would also suggest mentioning it along with your Contributor ID via the 'Help'->'Give Feedback' link. 

EDIT: I've completed 3 tasks with my new extended address, and none of the payments show up on the main page or in the address activity log.

While earnings will often appear in seconds, and be paid in minutes, the actual delay before task completion is reported to CoinWorker can sometimes be much longer. The task back-end FAQ (accessible via the 'Help' -> 'FAQ' dropdown in the task pane) says: "Typically, there is a slight delay between submitting your answers and receiving your reward on our tasks. That delay may be as small as 15 minutes or as long as two days after offer completion." In operation so far, it's usually seemed to be way less than 15 minutes, except on a couple occasions where there seemed to be a pause that was later caught-up on.

If they don't appear soon, DM me your pay-address and I'll look more closely to see if they were mis-logged somewhere else.

Thanks for the detailed reports and patience as I work out the glitches!

{Warge

Therilith

100X100111XX10

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 07:03:55 AM
Last edit: February 24, 2012, 11:56:48 AM by Therilith

While earnings will often appear in seconds, and be paid in minutes, the actual delay before task completion is reported to CoinWorker can sometimes be much longer. The task back-end FAQ (accessible via the 'Help' -> 'FAQ' dropdown in the task pane) says: "Typically, there is a slight delay between submitting your answers and receiving your reward on our tasks. That delay may be as small as 15 minutes or as long as two days after offer completion." In operation so far, it's usually seemed to be way less than 15 minutes, except on a couple occasions where there seemed to be a pause that was later caught-up on.

If they don't appear soon, DM me your pay-address and I'll look more closely to see if they were mis-logged somewhere else.
Fair enough.
The reason I asked was because the first time a payment didn't appear on the website instantaneously was also the first time I used an extended address, so I though the two might be connected.

EDIT: After waiting ~7 hours for my payments, I decided to try completing a task with my non-extended address. Once I finished, all the money I earned in the past 7 hours (4*3, 1*4) immediately appeared as a single payment on the website.

EDIT2: Everything seems to be working properly now.

WargeGeoshington (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2012, 06:53:07 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2012, 08:07:21 PM by WargeGeoshington

FYI, CoinWorker's hosting service (Heroku) is having some issues, so the site has been mostly unreachable for almost the last hour.

(It's not specific to CoinWorker... it's affecting many of their customers.)

I'll update both here and @CoinWorking when there's a resolution.

UPDATE (1h15m later): Service is back up but recovery of hoster may still be touch-and-go (http://status.heroku.com). For now, CoinWorker is again offering new work and catching up on prior earning reports/payments.

{Warge

matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2012, 10:30:20 PM

Is this service just for people who live in the third world who can get free internet and free PC access.  I just tried this service out and there is no it would even pay for the electricity used by my PC never mind my country's basic living wage of £7.20per/hr or even the minimum wage of £6.20per/hr  Huh

matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2012, 10:46:24 PM

Even FB pay there third world moderators upto $0.64per/hr from my calculations you are only paying £0.24per/hr  Huh

tom10122

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 02:37:23 AM

love it !! way better then those crappy survey sites
AndDuffy

Activity: 76

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 03:23:15 PM

Even FB pay there third world moderators upto $0.64per/hr from my calculations you are only paying £0.24per/hr  Huh

If you're not satisfied with the pay, don't do the work. CoinWorker was obviously not meant to be a full time job.

coinuser4000

Activity: 128

View Profile
February 27, 2012, 03:53:39 AM

newbie jail FTL

I will tell you the truth. If some website implemented this type of thing in lieu of a captcha, I would do everything I could to avoid using that website's services.

I already hate the captcha. Making verification a longer and more annoying process isn't going to make the web more secure, just more annoying. The hackers never have problems getting around this stuff, just normal folks.

I'll do it for money tho Cheesy

cointorox ✦ 
✓   Your Digital Piggy Bank Cryptocurrency, Simplified. ✓  
✦ ────────  Website ⬝  Facebook ⬝   Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝  Medium   ──────── ✦
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 01, 2012, 06:11:43 AM

Only made like eight bitcent for an hour worth of work, but it's better than nothing.

Player 3

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2012, 05:12:50 PM

If you wanted advertising, I managed to get a large community using it during a discussion of the dark net.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: