Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:18:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone using Teamviewer?  (Read 1032 times)
acaciosc (OP)

Activity: 325
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 07:25:37 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2014, 07:36:10 PM by acaciosc

Hello,
I'm since yesterday trying for hours to connect my miner to the internet. But now I can't even connect to his ip via browser! Anyone using Teamviewer to help me out? I will give some thank$ after I get money with my Antminer S1. I'm desperate!
Detail: My ISP only allows me to connect to the internet if I insert my username and password.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 07:32:59 PM

Hi friend. Can I make a suggestion?
It may be worth a security shakedown before going any further. Teamviewer can open you to intrusion and possibly theft. It does not necessarily do that, but consider that TV allows others to remotely control your PC. Be careful. I also suggest not posting your account login info on the internet. It would be easy to determine your ISP and take your account. You may know all this and have a plan. But just in case I thought I would give you a heads up.
-Cheers

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
acaciosc (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 07:40:38 PM

It may be worth a security shakedown before going any further. Teamviewer can open you to intrusion and possibly theft. It does not necessarily do that, but consider that TV allows others to remotely control your PC. Be careful. I also suggest not posting your account login info on the internet. It would be easy to determine your ISP and take your account. You may know all this and have a plan. But just in case I thought I would give you a heads up.
-Cheers

Ok, thank you very much for warning me. I know it's a little risky to allow a strange to use my computer, but TV lets the person use remotely only while I'm allowing to do so, correct? By the way, I reset my miner and got it working... Well, at least connecting to the interface via browser, though I still can't connect to the internet to start mining.
Can you help me via TV? Please!
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 07:56:12 PM

-Cheers

Ok, thank you very much for warning me. I know it's a little risky to allow a strange to use my computer, but TV lets the person use remotely only while I'm allowing to do so, correct? By the way, I reset my miner and got it working... Well, at least connecting to the interface via browser, though I still can't connect to the internet to start mining.

Have you tried the simple YT video? What all have you tried?

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 07:58:30 PM

If you can connect to the Ant via browser, you just have to configure your mining pools in the Miner configuration screen.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
faiza1990

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

★☆★777Coin★☆★

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 08:00:19 PM

Never you this Teamviewer its not a safe I have very bad experience with this and lost my money

RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 08:02:51 PM

Ok, thank you very much for warning me. I know it's a little risky...
I would if I knew anything about mining. I have only played with mining years ago and the chances of me screwing up your computer are greater than me fixing it.  Embarrassed
Also, I have kinda forgotten how to use Windows. After switching to Linux it's like going back to DOS 5.1.

acaciosc (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 08:03:25 PM

-Cheers

Have you tried the simple YT video? What all have you tried?

Yes, I configured by using this youtube video as example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akw9GAeIH5k
Nice guide, though didn't work in my case. But I'm unskilled when talking about configurating networks. ;\
acaciosc (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 08:11:44 PM

Ok, thank you very much for warning me. I know it's a little risky...
I would if I knew anything about mining. I have only played with mining years ago and the chances of me screwing up your computer are greater than me fixing it.  Embarrassed
Also, I have kinda forgotten how to use Windows. After switching to Linux it's like going back to DOS 5.1.

Ok, then. I'm using Fedora, btw Cheesy
RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 08:15:47 PM

Ok, then. I'm using Fedora, btw Cheesy
I'm just going to go back to my cave now. lol   Lips sealed

MoneyMorpheus

Activity: 251
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 08:22:55 PM

I do use teamviewer and I agree it is risky. But if you want to use it and take the risky part away, never access anything important on your teamviewer machine, delete any stored passwords from the browsers, and if someone takes control, it will only take control of your miners until you realize it which won't be long.

Taking that out, it sounds that you have a network issue. I don't have an antminer, nor a blade, but I believe that you ought to simply give internet to it and point it to the pool.

Now here is the tricky part, you say you ought to use username and password to connect to the internet. That username and password is written in the router itself, or directly in a pc?

How is the antminer connected to the network?

If your pc is already connected to the network and the antminer is connected to a different network card in the pc there is no need to place the user & password again, you can bridge both connections and the pc will share internet with the antminer.

Now if both the pc and the antminer are connected to a hub or router and the router has no option to input the user and pass you will have to modify your network setup in order to give internet to the antminer. If your ISP makes you use user & pass I don't think it will let you connect twice with the credentials, you have to make one connection and share it between all the network.

Hopefully you will sort it out  Tongue

PD: I think in ubuntu to share the network connection you have to change the ipv4 settings from dhcp to shared, I don't know about fedora, but it shouldn't be too different.

Best altcoin exchange: https://vircurex.com/welcome/index?referral_id=241-35101
https://bter.com/signup/121418 | You may run into issues some time, but support will take care of you threw qq in chinese hours
1EGoA5LMV391Psf8ZHShTkTd3tQ6URKQEp
acaciosc (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 10:49:05 PM

Now here is the tricky part, you say you ought to use username and password to connect to the internet. That username and password is written in the router itself, or directly in a pc?

How is the antminer connected to the network?

I need to type the username and password via browser, directly from pc. That sucks, I know.  Cry
I'm trying to see what happens when I [try to] connect by changing dhcp to shared, as you wrote. Wink
Zich
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 11:43:12 PM

Please give detail how you connect to internet?
What is devices you used(usb modem, cable modem, router etc)?
acaciosc (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 02:43:15 PM

Please give detail how you connect to internet?
What is devices you used(usb modem, cable modem, router etc)?

I'm using a router with wifi, which is not the correct devide to use with my type of connection (adsl via radio). I just sent it to maintenance to see if there's something wrong with my device or my type of connection. Surely it's a problem or with my type of connection (via radio), or with my inappropriate device for this type of connection (which I discovered that is recommended a modem with wifi, not a router with wifi, if using via radio internet)...

Or maybe is a problem with both.  Shocked
By the way, my android is unable to connect to the internet too. A problem in my network, for sure! But today at the end of the day I will know. My router is in the maintenance already, to be realized tests.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 08:56:13 PM

Do you have a router Huh If not then you may need a switch & you'll need to know the IP to gain access to your modem/router,like 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.2.1 or something.

Can you post a screenshot of your "network",like this:

Open cmd & type ipconfig.

Looking for the "Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1",yours may be different,that may be why your having issues  Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
acaciosc (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 09:49:24 PM

Do you have a router Huh If not then you may need a switch & you'll need to know the IP to gain access to your modem/router,like 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.2.1 or something.

Open cmd & type ipconfig.

Looking for the "Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1",yours may be different,that may be why your having issues  Wink

I'm using a modem with wifi... Well... I think  Tongue
This is my modem:

https://www.google.com.br/search?q=intelbras+gwm+1420+n&newwindow=1&safe=off&es_sm=121&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=QjZ1U6zNCam0sQT874GIDQ&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAg&biw=1024&bih=626

And this is the type of connection which I'm using, unfortunately:

https://www.google.com.br/search?q=internet+via+r%C3%A1dio&newwindow=1&safe=off&biw=1024&bih=626&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=xjV1U4umF_SssAS3tYGoDA&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ

Just to remember: I'm forced to type my username and password to be able to connect.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 12:24:42 AM

Ok,soooo just get ethernet cable to your Ant & plug in the back,to one of the 4 ethernet ports,& you SHOULD be able to just open a browser & type the IP on the Ant,192.168.1.99 & go from there.

It looks like your modem is 192.168.1.1,but you shouldn't need to go there.

You MAY want to connect your PC/laptop via Ethernet as well,so you are definitely on the same "network" so to speak.

If still a no go,reset the Ant by the little reset button:

https://www.bitmaintech.com/files/download/AntMiner%20S1%20FAQ.pdf

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Zich
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 03:05:13 AM

I see, you use PPPoE connection. If you already set your router to use PPPoE, then you don't need to give username & password each time you want to connect since you can fill in username & password on router.
Lamber

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 04:24:04 AM

Yes, teamviewiever is not very safe option to use, be carefull
acaciosc (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 03:37:55 PM
Last edit: May 18, 2014, 04:46:22 PM by acaciosc

YAY! I got my miner working!! For those having the same issue (considering that I'm using internet via radio - which sucks):

I simply enabled DHCP while I was with both my miner and pc connected through the router (intelbras GWM 1420N).

These are the steps done:

1. Type 192.168.1.99 (or whatever is your miner ip);
2. Before going to the step three, check if your miner pool is correctly set;
3. In networks go to WAN, by clicking in "edit";
4. Switch from static ip to dhcp - note that this was in the manual or FAQ, I don't remember (dooh!);
5. Wait until a green led starts to flash outside the miner and a growing noise start to appear  Cool;

Note that after you've done the step 4, you may be unable to access the miner, though it's mining already. Maybe you will still be able to access the miner, but that is not my case - my connection sucks, remember?

Ah, and my ISP didn't ask for login credentials. It asks only one time. After logging through browser, it won't ask again. My bad, sorry.

Thanks everyone!  Cheesy

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: