Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:57:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 3D-printed huts to revolutionize home building in poor countries  (Read 1329 times)
u9y42 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 06:44:35 PM

An Italian company has developed a 3d printer to build mud houses, that can be easily transported and assembled; plus, it can use a variety of mud or clays as building materials. They will apparently be putting it to the test early next year.

http://rt.com/news/196812-3d-printer-build-homes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 11:20:34 PM

Really this is a distraction - main cause of homelessness in the world has to do with government, a speculative real estate market and zoning laws, not the inability to construct or afford a shelter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYqBxEAtXZA

Plus I would rather live in these Chinese 3D printed shacks and not a 3D printed hut.

In the developed world - homeless sleep in a bug ridden shelter or under the bridge.  In the developing world - the homeless can build any shelter they want and the local governments are often too powerless to do anything about it.  Before the civil war - 46% of homes in Syria were illegally constructed without permits or buying the real estate and a lot of these homes were of high quality.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
iluvcrypto

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 11:22:10 PM

Excellent, 3D printer is going to change the world. This reminds be of: Project Daniel - Not Impossible's 3D Printing Arms for Children of War-Torn Sudan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDYFMgrjeLg

247crypto

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 11:31:57 PM

And in the "rich countries" You can build nothing without authorization of competent organs.

TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 11:41:52 PM

And in the "rich countries" You can build nothing without authorization of competent organs.

Which is what I wrote.  "Homeless", in the sense of sleeping on a cold paved sidewalk, is a phenomenon which only exists in developed countries.  Elsewhere in the world the governments are often so weak and powerless that you can literally build a house anywhere and a lot of these illegally constructed homes are beautiful mansions or 2000+ SQF homes.

They have to sell you the myth that you are better off being poor (less than $15 Hr or unemployed) in a rich country than being working class or middle class in a poor country.  If I was making a destitute wage I would just say forget it, book the next plane to Cambodia and go teach English for $800-$1000 a month (you can live well on $500 there) and make more money on the side with private lessons and then Bitcoin / Altcoin trading.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 12:11:40 AM

Which is what I wrote.  "Homeless", in the sense of sleeping on a cold paved sidewalk, is a phenomenon which only exists in developed countries.  Elsewhere in the world the governments are often so weak and powerless that you can literally build a house anywhere and a lot of these illegally constructed homes are beautiful mansions or 2000+ SQF homes.

They have to sell you the myth that you are better off being poor (less than $15 Hr or unemployed) in a rich country than being working class or middle class in a poor country.  If I was making a destitute wage I would just say forget it, book the next plane to Cambodia and go teach English for $800-$1000 a month (you can live well on $500 there) and make more money on the side with private lessons and then Bitcoin / Altcoin trading.

Not after the local government steps in with their newly acquired 3d printers, starts convicts running them and producing row houses, and orders everyone to live in them in neat little rows.  Then they can keep track of all those people that previously were pretty nameless.

Then Cambodia can enforce their 2006 military conscription laws on people that thought they could live there cheap and high on the hog.
247crypto

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 12:13:40 AM

(less than $15 Hr or unemployed)

Who in European Union is paid €10 Hr?
Mad Maidan Ukrainians are paid $50 at Month in Ethnic cleansing civil war.

cryptocoiner

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

hyperboria - next internet

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 12:15:39 AM

An Italian company has developed a 3d printer to build mud houses, that can be easily transported and assembled; plus, it can use a variety of mud or clays as building materials. They will apparently be putting it to the test early next year.

http://rt.com/news/196812-3d-printer-build-homes

Doubt it will save the world. How much such a house would cost?

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 05:24:01 AM

That's the thing, why don't they just buy concrete cloth and use that instead? Sounds to me like a bit of a publicity stunt for 3D printers myself, if they really wanted to help people they could just buy up a ton of concrete cloth, deliver it and have a bunch of concrete huts that can withstand just about any natural thing easily. 3D Printers are going to be fantastic, but ones that do anything more than print plastic are going to be very expensive for now since they're all in the prototype stage.
DhaniBoy

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 05:41:41 AM

I think this will be a new option that many businesses provide employment, a job that is very unique, has never existed in the world, it is a huge business prospects, the business of our country are still very few who opt for it, I think this is a business that is worth a try, I still can not calculate how much profit will I get, hopefully can get a big profit ...  Cool

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
nidhish

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 06:48:47 AM

It will be interesting to see how this turnout to be  Shocked
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 08:50:38 PM

That's the thing, why don't they just buy concrete cloth and use that instead? Sounds to me like a bit of a publicity stunt for 3D printers myself, if they really wanted to help people they could just buy up a ton of concrete cloth, deliver it and have a bunch of concrete huts that can withstand just about any natural thing easily. 3D Printers are going to be fantastic, but ones that do anything more than print plastic are going to be very expensive for now since they're all in the prototype stage.
Because the idea is that the printer builds both the walls and structural supports in one pass.

Another version prints by fusing sand.

These are in a very early stage at this time.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 08:53:34 PM

hmm I'd still say the concrete cloth looks the most promising for getting up shelters fast which is what you need in the places aid goes to, it'd pretty much work universally as well, I guess sand could work but you want it to rely on little technology as possible really.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 10:50:14 PM

hmm I'd still say the concrete cloth looks the most promising for getting up shelters fast which is what you need in the places aid goes to, it'd pretty much work universally as well, I guess sand could work but you want it to rely on little technology as possible really.
Different goal sets.

Sand (silica) if fused together = complex buildings.  But right now we don't have means to do it.

Bringing in a machine to to it, that machine can make useful product of thousands of times it's own weight.

If urgent need, concrete cloth can be trucked it.  It produces buildings pound for pound of it's own weight.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: