Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 07:15:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The first ever blackberry client!  (Read 2183 times)
schnell (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2012, 08:43:17 AM

Bit of a misleading topic, I know Cheesy
The first person who makes a blackberry client(not neccecerily for the blackberry app world, maybe distrobuted on a website) with these conditions will get 0.5 btc off me, which is most of my btc at the moment Tongue
It has to be light.
You have to be able to generate as many recieveing addresses as you like, the most annoying thing with a lot of clients or bitcoin web bank things is when you only get one, or a few :/
Wallets are stored on your device, not the server.
Anyone match my 0.5 btc?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
someguy123

Activity: 336
Merit: 254

CEO of Privex Inc. (www.privex.io)

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2012, 03:39:37 PM

Yeah the title is very misleading... but how many people of bitcoin actually use blackberries? I know a lot of the community either uses android (which is mostly open source), or an iDevice running iOS (which is proprietary too =_=)
Chances are, unless there's a large part of the community using blackberry, recoding the entire bitcoin client for blackberry, for just 0.5BTC is generally very little chance...

schnell (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2012, 04:20:20 PM

Yeah the title is very misleading... but how many people of bitcoin actually use blackberries? I know a lot of the community either uses android (which is mostly open source), or an iDevice running iOS (which is proprietary too =_=)
Chances are, unless there's a large part of the community using blackberry, recoding the entire bitcoin client for blackberry, for just 0.5BTC is generally very little chance...

Thought so :/
I bought my blackberry because I'm always typing Tongue and I don't like touchscreen keyboards Smiley
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
February 10, 2012, 01:10:37 PM

buy an android phone Tongue

Signature space available for rent.
someguy123

Activity: 336
Merit: 254

CEO of Privex Inc. (www.privex.io)

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2012, 08:33:09 PM

I bought my blackberry because I'm always typing Tongue and I don't like touchscreen keyboards Smiley
Not all androids force you to use touchscreen keyboards =_=, in-fact quite a few have keyboards, e.g. a pretty nice android with a keyboard that recently came out is the Motorola Droid 4: http://androidcommunity.com/motorola-droid-4-review-king-of-the-qwerty-20120210/

schnell (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 11:53:21 PM

Not all androids force you to use touchscreen keyboards =_=, in-fact quite a few have keyboards, e.g. a pretty nice android with a keyboard that recently came out is the Motorola Droid 4: http://androidcommunity.com/motorola-droid-4-review-king-of-the-qwerty-20120210/

Maybe, but if you want bitcoin to be mainstream it has to be on all platforms, not just geeky ones Tongue
Droid 4 looks good, but I have used a galaxy s2 and its amazing, amazing specs, slim and android 4. Tbh ill probably just take the risk of no real keyboard and get the s2 at the end of my contract, real keys make too much noise when you are trying to be silent; just I find it more comfortable to type like this :/
Oh, the decisions!
anonymous5050

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 09:07:33 AM

I was about to make a post asking about the best way to pay with bitcoins using my blackberry.  Then I saw this post and got excited.  Now Im disappointed.
schnell (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 09:48:02 AM

I was about to make a post asking about the best way to pay with bitcoins using my blackberry.  Then I saw this post and got excited.  Now Im disappointed.

Cheesy
Just go to blockchain.info and make a wallet there, there are no fees Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: