Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:28:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ACCEPTING BIDS] Hosting App/Checkout/Cart/WHM/Enom API/Bitcoin/Namecoin  (Read 1861 times)
bitlane (OP)
Internet detective

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I heart thebaron

View Profile
January 23, 2012, 09:02:52 PM

I am looking to have a project developed, either in full or in part, that is able to be an add-on for an existing Shopping Cart or a complete standalone application.

Please submit your BIDS as well as Offer Details to me via PM or email bitlane [at] shaw [dot] ca

Basic Criteria:
-------------
- **Future Scalability, module based ? (BTC today, NMC tomorrow ?) eventual addition of Namecoin Integration.
- PHP/MySQL
- Bitcoin Integration (prefer multiple setup/expansion options for existing/future BTC payment gateways as well as standalone wallet hosting).
- WHM/Cpanel Integration for Client Management, Account Creation, Billing etc.
- Enom API integration for Domain management, registration, renewals.

To sum it up, or to simplify.... Think "WHM-Autopilot ..(or similar).. with current Bitcoin & future Namecoin Support/Integration"

There are obviously a number of ways this can be accomplished, so I look forward to hearing back from anyone interested in taking on the project.

I am looking to establish a long term relationship with the chosen developer(s), who can perhaps maintain/continue with paid support in the future.
Licensing terms will depend on what will need to be invested to get this off the ground.
I am certain I have either missed a couple things, but feel free to comment none the less.

bitlane [at] shaw [dot] ca

Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2012, 02:43:56 PM

did you look at existing projects?
there's a bunch of them on the wiki: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Category:Shopping_Cart_Interfaces

if I had to design such an application, it would be based on a deterministic wallet (eg http://ecdsa.org/electrum)
"type 2" wallet means that the website can generate new addresses without knowing the private keys ; this is perfect for a hosted/ SaaS application, where merchants can keep their private keys offline

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks
bitlane (OP)
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 01:37:59 AM

Well, I've been contacted by a few people, but mainly to point me in the direction of existing apps/projects that might be tailored to fit my request.

What I am really hoping for, regardless of existing projects being combined or not, is someone who is willing to put everything together and provide me with more of an 'End User' type of package that simply works.....with MINIMAL coding etc on my part.

I'm still looking for that person(s) so please feel free to get in touch with me.

My goal more or less, is to have a fully functional hosting/domain registry that does not depend on USD for anything other than price conversions and uses 100% Cryptocurrency as payment options.

Another option is to at least get the Enom API/Domain registration/management functionality up, as THAT is what seems to be lacking in the marketplace currently.
I have an Enon Root-reseller account that I purchased nearly 10 years ago and use it as part of my current business with many accounts under me and no one above (as it's a purchased account directly from Enom, hence 'root-reseller'.....).

The WHM/Cpanel integration could come later on if that's still an interest of mine....which it is, but more so the Enom stuff to begin with

Thanks again.
bitlane.

ThomasV
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2012, 05:44:47 AM

I looked at existing shopping carts in more detail.
there is one in the list that is really simple, because it requires no PHP/SQL coding at all: http://bitcoinevolution.com

It's really worth having a look.
it does have limitations, but I think that these limitations could be fixed easily with a better API.
I tried to reach the developer.

bitlane (OP)
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 06:23:02 AM

I looked at existing shopping carts in more detail.
there is one in the list that is really simple, because it requires no PHP/SQL coding at all: http://bitcoinevolution.com

It's really worth having a look.
it does have limitations, but I think that these limitations could be fixed easily with a better API.
I tried to reach the developer.

I am looking at longevity....so a 'middle-man' is completely out of the question.

I don't want to put the fate of my business in the hands of a 3rd party payment processor.
When (IF) I fail, I want it to be due to my own stupidity and not that of a payment processor suddenly dissapearing on me.....
Know what I mean ?

I want to be 100% self sufficient.

MORA

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 07:22:21 AM

I have made a small example of using BPN in github. ( https://github.com/MORA99/BitPing.Net/tree/master/bpn/shops/s1 )
You can host your own version of BPN, and only rely on your own server.

It will take some effort to make a module for a webshop, ie. Virtuemart, but its very much possible, maybe 10hours of coding with UI and backend.
I will eventually get to it, but have a lot of projects taking up time.

Since BPN uses Abe for the block part, any of its supported currencies can be used with little modification, and any bitcoind fork can be patched to work with the unconfirmed patch.

ThomasV
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2012, 09:11:40 AM

I am looking at longevity....so a 'middle-man' is completely out of the question.

I don't want to put the fate of my business in the hands of a 3rd party payment processor.
When (IF) I fail, I want it to be due to my own stupidity and not that of a payment processor suddenly dissapearing on me.....
Know what I mean ?

I want to be 100% self sufficient.
I understand.
what I find appealing with their solution is that there is no middle-man for your coins; they do not have access to your wallet, they only manage a set of addresses.
but you are right: they are a middle man in the sense that they process the order database.

rexcoin

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 11:40:54 PM

If php and mysql and the bitcoind are properly set up, I am willing to do this project within a month or so.
The only problem i can foresee is im NOT a web designer - im just a php/mysql scripter...

I can do this for around 200 bitcoins - you get the full source + sell it or whatever u want to do..

so let me get this right:
You basically need a bitcoin (with namecoins a possibility) shopping cart, once the customer buys a product  ether domain or hosting ect and enters there account information (you need to tell me what fields) they get a bitcoin address, then they pay the bitcoins, after x amount of block confirms, there hosting (using cpanel api) or domain (using enom api) account gets automatically created. There hosting/domain information is sent to there email.

The billing center has there account information entered, plus of course a next due date, now my question is: do you want them to just pay on the due date, or would you like to have a deposit function and on the due date whatever they deposited is subtracted from the balance? o.k so now you would want x amount of days until due date and x amounts of days after due date emails to be sent to customer right?

-support center? would you want a built in ticket support system on here too? no problem if so.

I need more information if you need more things done.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: