Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:51:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Doldrums  (Read 1606 times)
Qoheleth (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 960
Merit: 1028

Spurn wild goose chases. Seek that which endures.

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2012, 07:43:46 PM

Price between 6.2 and 6.4 for two days now. That's, what, a 3% range?

Feels downright eerie, especially compared to the volatility we were seeing just a week ago.

If there is something that will make Bitcoin succeed, it is growth of utility - greater quantity and variety of goods and services offered for BTC. If there is something that will make Bitcoin fail, it is the prevalence of users convinced that BTC is a magic box that will turn them into millionaires, and of the con-artists who have followed them here to devour them.
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Eveofwar

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 07:48:26 PM

It's because...

...just went to check.

Yup, Bitcoinica still has the * on the buy side.
teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 07:59:56 PM

It's because...

...just went to check.

Yup, Bitcoinica still has the * on the buy side.

lol

+1

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
Dutch Merganser

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 08:16:18 PM

There's been so much discussion lately about price stabilization, welcome to the Pax Manipulus  Tongue

"Science flies you to the Moon, religion flies you into buildings."
 - Victor Stenger

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and the rulers as useful."
 - Seneca the Elder (ca. 54 BCE - ca. 39 CE) Roman rhetorician
teflone

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 08:37:24 PM

There's been so much discussion lately about price stabilization, welcome to the Pax Manipulus  Tongue

False stability..  Until...  Ka-blammooo

Think of it as a sleeping volcano..

Eventually it has to release pressure... then where it goes.. no one knows! Smiley

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
Mushoz

Activity: 686

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2012, 08:43:40 PM

Is this the start of something bigger?

www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 08:45:40 PM

There's been so much discussion lately about price stabilization, welcome to the Pax Manipulus  Tongue

Eventually it has to release pressure... then where it goes.. no one knows! Smiley

The question is: Will it blow out the North face, or the South?

proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 08:47:03 PM

Anyone else feeling those tremors?

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
teflone

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 08:48:49 PM

4pm est = Japan waking up, normal squiggles for the time of day there..

someone mentioned this the other day, have saw it every day since

Dutch Merganser

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 08:50:16 PM

Give it some time for short attention spans to kick in and new marks to enter the game. New marks are key, their wide eyed bullishness will make those once burned anxious about missing the Next Big Move. Then lather, rinse, repeat.

Relevant joke:
A man noticed a farmer walking with three-legged pig on a leash. It looked very odd. He said, "Farmer, why are you walking a three-legged pig?"

"Why, stranger, this is no ordinary pig," the farmer replied. "One night our barn caught on fire, and before my wife and I even woke up, the pig had called the fire department, and herded all the other animals out of the barn. The next week, a burglar got into the house, and the pig had him tied up and the police were on their way before I even realized what had happened. Then just last week, I fell into the duck pond and was like to drown, except this pig jumped in and pulled me out. Like I say, this is no ordinary pig."

"Well, that truly is a remarkable pig. But tell me, how did he come to have only three legs?" "Are you kidding? A pig this good, you don't eat all at once."

- Victor Stenger

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and the rulers as useful."
proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 08:58:14 PM

4pm est = Japan waking up, normal squiggles for the time of day there..

someone mentioned this the other day, have saw it every day since

In any event, somebody has decided to put a quick stopper to the activity.  myself, is that you?

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
arepo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

this statement is false

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 09:05:58 PM

Give it some time for short attention spans to kick in and new marks to enter the game. New marks are key, their wide eyed bullishness will make those once burned anxious about missing the Next Big Move. Then lather, rinse, repeat.

Relevant joke:
A man noticed a farmer walking with three-legged pig on a leash. It looked very odd. He said, "Farmer, why are you walking a three-legged pig?"

"Why, stranger, this is no ordinary pig," the farmer replied. "One night our barn caught on fire, and before my wife and I even woke up, the pig had called the fire department, and herded all the other animals out of the barn. The next week, a burglar got into the house, and the pig had him tied up and the police were on their way before I even realized what had happened. Then just last week, I fell into the duck pond and was like to drown, except this pig jumped in and pulled me out. Like I say, this is no ordinary pig."

"Well, that truly is a remarkable pig. But tell me, how did he come to have only three legs?" "Are you kidding? A pig this good, you don't eat all at once."

you are retarded and should be labelled SCAMMER based on this post alone

you even used the word 'mark'...

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
teflone

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 09:11:52 PM

Relevant joke:

Its funny as fuck though..

His point is people are raping the btc economy..

Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 09:12:55 PM

the so called manipulator probably holds all longs on bitcoinica now, has much reserves not to worry about being liquidated by contra-smackdown from other players. and for that i don't see reason for having any big dips anytime soon
Dutch Merganser

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 09:13:13 PM

Relevant joke:

Your naiveté is almost touching. One can be the Bubba or one can be the bitch, evidently the second is a familiar and comfortable position for you.

- Victor Stenger

proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 09:15:00 PM

Mr. 5000BTCs is attempting to push the price down.

Edit:  Make that Mr. 10,000BTCs.

Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 09:17:24 PM

Mr. 5000BTCs is attempting to push the price down.

Edit:  Make that Mr. 10,000BTCs.

can't it be bit-pay cashing out for some of their clients?
stochastic

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 24, 2012, 09:30:35 PM

Price between 6.2 and 6.4 for two days now. That's, what, a 3% range?

Feels downright eerie, especially compared to the volatility we were seeing just a week ago.

And with Bitconica's spreads there is no profitability to set a position.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: