Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:46:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Evan Faggart's take on the Bitcoin Foundation  (Read 1927 times)
JazzCouncil

Activity: 87
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 11:12:43 AM

Miners and full-node operators should view any updates with great skepticism, and only update after an extended vetting process by other developers.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 04:41:01 PM

Faggart?

You'd think he'd change his name.

it sounds like yogurt for a fag.. naturally, it would be pink in color  Cheesy

btw, i've looked up bitcoin foundation's wiki, and i still don't know wtf they actually do. can someone educate me?

The Bitcoin Foundation exists to serve as a grim reminder of the failure of centralization.

Xtib

If centralization is such a failure, then why is Brock Pierce putting all his entities under one roof, albeit it was first billed as only GoCoin's new digs, with the three year lease painstakingly put together by a Realtor after the former client, ironically a Bitcoiner, left(?).

The game is called: You pat my ass, and I'll pat yours.

Another game is: Hunt the Pedophile in this image:

So who is the pedophile in the image?
DynamicDK (OP)

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 06:48:30 PM

Hate to say it, but with a name like Evan Faggart, you know he got beat up as a kid.   Tongue

I wonder... if he went to school with Travis Skewers... and why certain namesakes always seem to gravity toward Brock "Hot Tub" Pierce, "The Godfather of Bitcoin", now to his third-story-nursery (double entendre intended) located overlooking the Third Street Promenade, a historic building he has aspirations of owning.

If one can't see the similarities of what's happening now with what transpired commencing 15 years ago as seen in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmaRTZpJgPA, then I have have a cryptocurrency exchange fully complying with US laws with nary an issue for you. Twelve thousand members, and counting, with millions of dollars, bitcoins, et al. on account can't be wrong.

BTW, neither Evan Faggart nor Travis Skewers are members of TBF, as seen here: https://bitcoinfoundation.org/members/. What's even odder is that many of the names currently associated with Brock Pierce, some penning in threads on this forum in his defense, are also NOT members of TBF. Perhaps, they're all members of the Reasonably Intelligent Cult Brock spoke of, opting to not allocate their precious to two foundations having the same accused pedophile on its boards, fearing the old saw, "What will the neighbors thing?"

Well, Evan Faggart is just a writer at Coin Brief.  He has no relationship to TBF, or any of the individual members, in any way.  His issue is not,"What will the neighbors think?" as much as the belief that a centralized organization should not represent a decentralized system, such as Bitcoin.

http://coinbrief.net/
Digital Currency news, mining calculators, forums, and more
BTC:  1Bz95D1Jm4qmm2fTWtK3fF35FnfX4NKiyt
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2014, 09:41:15 PM

Hate to say it, but with a name like Evan Faggart, you know he got beat up as a kid.   Tongue

I wonder... if he went to school with Travis Skewers... and why certain namesakes always seem to gravity toward Brock "Hot Tub" Pierce, "The Godfather of Bitcoin", now to his third-story-nursery (double entendre intended) located overlooking the Third Street Promenade, a historic building he has aspirations of owning.

If one can't see the similarities of what's happening now with what transpired commencing 15 years ago as seen in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmaRTZpJgPA, then I have have a cryptocurrency exchange fully complying with US laws with nary an issue for you. Twelve thousand members, and counting, with millions of dollars, bitcoins, et al. on account can't be wrong.

BTW, neither Evan Faggart nor Travis Skewers are members of TBF, as seen here: https://bitcoinfoundation.org/members/. What's even odder is that many of the names currently associated with Brock Pierce, some penning in threads on this forum in his defense, are also NOT members of TBF. Perhaps, they're all members of the Reasonably Intelligent Cult Brock spoke of, opting to not allocate their precious to two foundations having the same accused pedophile on its boards, fearing the old saw, "What will the neighbors thing?"

Well, Evan Faggart is just a writer at Coin Brief.  He has no relationship to TBF, or any of the individual members, in any way.  His issue is not,"What will the neighbors think?" as much as the belief that a centralized organization should not represent a decentralized system, such as Bitcoin.

I need to apologize on two funds concerning my quoted post above.

First, you are correct about Evan Faggart. The person I had in mind was Kevin Beardsley, so please chalk this up to me being either tired when I penned it, had too much info on my mind desiring to relay, or both. My apologies to Evan Faggart.

Secondly, I misspelled Travis Skweres' last name incorrectly, but that was not my intent in the above, although I have a many times bastardized names in the past, and will probably do the same with Mr. Skweres in the future, to date, regard all my previous misspellings as Freudian slips.

~Bruno Kucinskas
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 05:31:09 AM

Faggart?

You'd think he'd change his name.

it sounds like yogurt for a fag.. naturally, it would be pink in color  Cheesy

btw, i've looked up bitcoin foundation's wiki, and i still don't know wtf they actually do. can someone educate me?

The Bitcoin Foundation exists to serve as a grim reminder of the failure of centralization.

Xtib

If centralization is such a failure, then why is Brock Pierce putting all his entities under one roof, albeit it was first billed as only GoCoin's new digs, with the three year lease painstakingly put together by a Realtor after the former client, ironically a Bitcoiner, left(?).

The game is called: You pat my ass, and I'll pat yours.

Another game is: Hunt the Pedophile in this image:

So who is the pedophile in the image?

Third from the left. Search the image via Google.
logger

Activity: 138
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 01:12:18 PM

Even more dangerous (in my opinion) is the reverence with which bitcoiners treat the foundation as the home of core development.
logger

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 01:18:43 PM

Development, above all needs to become more distributed and rivalrous. If I the US govt is smart, they will be using Gavin and the foundation to perpetuate the unfortunate culture of consensus surrounding responsibility for the core protocol code.
2double0
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 01:19:30 PM

His name tho... Faggot* or what ahahah?
logger

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 01:25:11 PM

Miners and full-node operators should view any updates with great skepticism, and only update after an extended vetting process by other developers.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: