Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:38:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Two awesome pieces of real estate for sale (cryptos only)  (Read 1131 times)
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 06:52:57 PM

I think we are missing some essential elements.   When doing real-estate transfers, escrow is necessary (at least deals with me).   
Coinbase and bitpay come up short.   Even CryptoThrift offers escrow.   There are about a dozen semi-reputable bitcoin escrow providers, but they have fees associated with their service. 

I may in the end grow through Cryptothrift, I know one of the partners from trading over the last couple of years, and their system legit.

http://www.maxkeiser.com/2013/04/how-vulnerable-is-bitcoin-payment-processor-bitpay/

To be honest the escrow wouldn't be protecting you, it would be protecting the buyer because it is easy to validate the person has the funds, that is why escrow is used in real-estate transfers. In this case it would to protect the buyer that you really own those pieces of land. Also these are going to have fees attach you can't get away with that, even in real estate transactions you have many fees for escrow, title, commission for broker. Right here you can save on the escrow and broker fees.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
slu2 (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

10% discount code @ clovisstar.com = BITCOINTALK

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 07:50:15 PM

To be honest the escrow wouldn't be protecting you, it would be protecting the buyer because it is easy to validate the person has the funds, that is why escrow is used in real-estate transfers.

Yes, exactly.  Escrow will be used.    It will be used to protect the buyer mostly, of course.  But during the confirmation process (which is short of course, but can take an hour or longer), then the escrow would be there for me.   
There is just no getting around escrow with real estate IMHO.

Except that I have sold property in Ebay for coin.  Ebay works, because there is a lot that the seller risks if they do not complete the transaction properly.   But with an amount this high, I would insist on using escrow.

Multi-plex in Idaho for coin
10% discount  www.clovisstar.com = BITCOINTALK  ||   TSU.co/clovisstar  ||  Ardeva Token
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: