Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:44:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Review of the current state of Bitcoin securities market  (Read 1019 times)
coinomat.com (OP)

Activity: 550
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 07:57:10 AM

I wrote a short review of the current state of Bitcoin securities, check it at blog.coinomat.com
I conclude that bitcoin stocks are most probably here to stay, legally they could be an exempt from current securities laws.
I would really like to discuss this topic with someone who clearly understands US securities laws and how SEC operates in general

The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coinomat.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 07:12:35 AM

Guys come on
this is security section of the largest Bitcoin forum, you should have some opinions about the prospects of Bitcoin securities. Legality, decentralized exchanges, anti-fraud measures, so much topics to discuss. let's do it, the topic is huge. Below is my review, it's too long probably.

Basically what I wrote here http://blog.coinomat.com/bitcoin-stocks-here-to-stay-2/ that bitcoin stocks will be similar to private securities and will be largely left alone by SEC and similar organizations.

NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 12:57:07 PM
Last edit: May 26, 2014, 01:26:29 PM by NotLambchop

From your blog:
Havelockinvestments is a larger platform, which was initially started as a Canadian company but then transformed into Panama-registered investment fund. It does provide as such a certain legal framework for the listed securities, basically they are considered to be sub-funds in the feeder fund. Havelockinvestments allegedly buys shares in all listed companies, and resells it for Bitcoins as stocks corresponding to its sub-funds.

Could you cite the source of the emboldened text?

[edit]
Not sure if the following is meant as an argument in the alternative, since it is impossible for decentralized exchanges to vet securities issuers?

...The costs of regulation and law enforcement could be prohibitively high. The emergence of decentralized marketplaces which are effectively impossible to take down should make governments worldwide to re-think their stance on regulation, and understand that some things cannot be regulated, and have to be simply dealt with.
The key to success here would be the issuers screening and preemptive measures against fraudulent players.
drasted

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 01:18:43 PM

From your blog:
Havelockinvestments is a larger platform, which was initially started as a Canadian company but then transformed into Panama-registered investment fund. It does provide as such a certain legal framework for the listed securities, basically they are considered to be sub-funds in the feeder fund. Havelockinvestments allegedly buys shares in all listed companies, and resells it for Bitcoins as stocks corresponding to its sub-funds.

Could you cite the source of the emboldened text?

"Allegedly" is a reporters favourite word to mean I have no evidence but want to you to think it's true.
NotLambchop

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 01:34:12 PM

"Allegedly" is a reporters favourite word to mean I have no evidence but want to you to think it's true.

Gotcha. Just wanted to rule out Havelock as the source of said allegations. 
havelock

Activity: 328
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 01:36:47 PM

We create a Bitcoin Denominated Fund for companies which apply for funding through our online platform. We act as custodians of those companies shares and as the administrators of the Fund. We don't buy and resell shares.

NotLambchop

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 01:39:31 PM

Thank you Havelock.
coinomat.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 06:03:14 PM

As for Havelock - that is what I gathered from communication with them.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: