Bitcoin Forum
September 24, 2024, 02:50:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Micropayment only client  (Read 2361 times)
gregwtmtno

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 12:49:56 AM

I wonder if mass adoption could be sparked with a browser-friendly client that only allows a 1 BTC (or some arbitrary amount) wallet. It would only be used for micropayments. Advertising and websites could allow people to earn small amounts instead of mining. This might be something great for young people to purchase content rather than piracy. It could be upgradable to a full client for anyone over legal age.
Don't think so...a clever 10 year old will just install whatever client they want. Bitcoin doesn't care if you are of a legal age, and works excellently even when others don't want you to be able to send money.

So I send the address 2BTC, and it explodes?
no. it "donates" the extra BTC to the developers Smiley

a zero trust web interface to bitcoin could be an interesting idea - you can perform any transaction on the website , but all the keys and signing is done locally via script+HTML5. but then backups and lost wallets will be a pain in the ass

edit: can you set up a script that will require the site's key to use the BTC? so he will have 50 BTC in the account but can use only one per month or something

Take a look at my project, BtcBuckets. You can limit the size of the bucket and have any spillover sent to any address you want.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: