Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 06:07:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Found]130 Bit Coin Loan Request!  (Read 6541 times)
Eveofwar

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 04:48:55 AM

This almost warrants a flag next to each user's account Wink

"Other usernames using this IP:"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 05:17:34 AM

he isnt just a scammer - he actually ENJOYED doing this...

DAMN DAMN DAMN

wouldn't be surprised if he logs in just to have a good laugh.

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 05:30:19 AM

This is not the first PM I've received regarding gurg2.0 so I'm going to respond publicly since I'm listed in his signature as a reference. He bought Magic: The Gathering cards from me, and paid up front. The problem is that this was a 0.15 BTC transaction, as I told the previous people who PM'd me about gurg2.0. Can a 0.15 BTC transaction really warrant a a reference?

I do have his address (assuming the address he gave me was correct, he never confirmed that he received the cards) but I don't plan on giving it out publicly. If the people who have been stiffed want to PM me, I'd be happy to give the information he gave me.

In my opinion, it's very possible he accrued a handful of tiny transactions in order to get just enough trust required to get your BTC and run.

Please do not post his address.  We as a community must stand together and enable these people to keep running their scams over and over with absolutely zero threat of repercussion.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
farfiman
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 05:44:28 AM

This is not the first PM I've received regarding gurg2.0 so I'm going to respond publicly since I'm listed in his signature as a reference. He bought Magic: The Gathering cards from me, and paid up front. The problem is that this was a 0.15 BTC transaction, as I told the previous people who PM'd me about gurg2.0. Can a 0.15 BTC transaction really warrant a a reference?

I do have his address (assuming the address he gave me was correct, he never confirmed that he received the cards) but I don't plan on giving it out publicly. If the people who have been stiffed want to PM me, I'd be happy to give the information he gave me.

In my opinion, it's very possible he accrued a handful of tiny transactions in order to get just enough trust required to get your BTC and run.

Please do not post his address.  We as a community must stand together and enable these people to keep running their scams over and over with absolutely zero threat of repercussion.

As delorean stated it's probably not real anyway - the guy bought for 0.15 btc- sure it was just bait

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
farfiman
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 05:49:45 AM

New criteria for getting a loan:

must be Hero member with 2000+ posts
time between 1st and last message at least 6 months
must send copies of 3 id's with picture of self with newspaper of the day
in some cases must send as collateral 1 family member ( mother/wife/child etc...)

I reserve the right to not send the loan and keep the family member anyway.

Martin Armstrong
senbonzakura

Activity: 602
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 10:38:12 AM

Sad

sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 01:03:14 PM

in some cases must send as collateral 1 family member ( mother/wife/child etc...)

hahaha, my gut tells me you might get stuck with a house full of wives and defaulted loans.  Tongue

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
BTC guy

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 01:14:08 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2012, 02:12:36 PM by BTC guy

Im new to the lending forum and since i am currently considering loans i just thought i would add something to this post. Dont loan to people with no rep. If you have doubts about the borrower or the loan is for a large amount ask for his full name, phone number, address, or pic of his drivers license. Call him before you send the money. Most scammers will not want to speak with you. Run all the information he gives you. If you cant find any public records with the information provided dont grant the loan. If he doesnt want to give you any information about himself do not grant the loan. These people are coming to you asking for your help. The person with the money is the one who is in control of the situation. Also, if you make loans for 20 coins with a 1 coin return or 100 coins with a 5 coin return the risk is not worth the reward. Walk away.

Just my opinion.

BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1130

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2012, 01:16:50 PM

I agree, you are new here.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
slider1978

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 01:18:21 PM

I agree, you are new here.

+1
BTC guy

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 01:20:48 PM

This is true but i will not be kicked in the ass as easily as some people.

(just trying to help)

copumpkin
Donator

Activity: 266
Merit: 252

I'm actually a pineapple

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 01:51:27 PM

This is true but i will not be kicked in the ass as easily as some people.

(just trying to help)

I think the point was that what you said was obvious to most lenders around here, and it's condescending to the people who have lost money to assume they didn't know the most basic guidelines for lending. It's very easy to say in retrospect that you knew it all along (or would have known, had you seen it) but there were other factors at play, and hindsight is always 20/20.
BTC guy

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 02:04:43 PM
Last edit: February 08, 2012, 10:06:35 PM by BTC guy

My comments were not directed at those who were burned. It was a public comment made for everybody. If you or anybody else took me the wrong way please accept my most sincere apology. I am new here and im not tying to rub people the wrong way. I am just participating and contributing like everybody else. I dont want to see more threads like this where people get burned. Thats the only reason i posted.

farfiman
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 02:08:20 PM

hahaha, my gut tells me you might get stuck with a house full of wives and defaulted loans.  Tongue

If that happens I'll just start a thread on the Auctions called tiptopgems #2 Smiley

Martin Armstrong
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 02:34:44 PM

I think the wives will pay off quickly if you open a brothel..

Signature space available for rent.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: