Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:26:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Starting to sense pessimism...  (Read 5408 times)
StewartJ

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 10:02:12 PM

If I can just hold out until we get to "Despair" for the imminent rally...

Back to...$5?

If we managed to hit $5, it just might go well into the $4's. The depth is pretty thin below $5.

No point in over-thinking it.

Last week we bumped down 50 cents then traded sideways forever at $6.30.

Looks like were just repeating, down 50 cents. Trading sideways this time at ... what? $5.70, $5.80?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sgbett (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 05:34:38 PM

Drifting, drifting... how about now... pessimism now....??

Orders all the way down baby, they are filling nicely... The deeper we go the bigger the order!

I have already told myself I will not panic however low it goes. My lowest order is around 14 cents a coin. I doubt it will go that low but who knows!

Still long term bullish, just patiently accumulating on dips...

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 05:42:42 PM

Orders all the way down baby, they are filling nicely... The deeper we go the bigger the order!

I have already told myself I will not panic however low it goes. My lowest order is around 14 cents a coin. I doubt it will go that low but who knows!

At 14 cents.. the game is over..

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
sgbett (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 05:45:46 PM

At 14 cents, everyone will indeed think its over. I think it probably will be. If it is, I lose money that I have already written off. If it isn't I have bagged a truckload of coin ready for round 2!

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 05:51:03 PM

I think we're going into the $4 range, which was my guess a week or so ago.  However, at the time I thought we'd strongly rebound from there, and now I doubt that.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2012, 05:54:08 PM

Poof.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
teflone

Activity: 770

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 05:54:57 PM

Grab a sandwich and a drink for the ride down! lmao

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
sgbett (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 05:57:10 PM

I think we're going into the $4 range, which was my guess a week or so ago.  However, at the time I thought we'd strongly rebound from there, and now I doubt that.

I still think we are on a long downtrend, and we'll re-test the ~2.20 bottom before we go back up. I don't expect any of my orders belew $2 to get filled, if they do its a bonus (or good money after bad!) hehe.

proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 06:00:50 PM

I still think we are on a long downtrend, and we'll re-test the ~2.20 bottom before we go back up. I don't expect any of my orders belew $2 to get filled, if they do its a bonus (or good money after bad!) hehe.

Ugh, it makes me sick to think we're going to test those levels again.  With more bitcoins for sale on the orderbook than before, I'd be worried the price wouldn't rebound and even more people would feel the same and abandon ship.  I feel like the project was just beginning to get some credibility back and if that happens...well, it won't be good for bitcoin.  We speculators are ruining this project.  I'm a part of that, as much as I hate to admit it.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
antoineph

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 06:08:14 PM

Ugh, it makes me sick to think we're going to test those levels again.  With more bitcoins for sale on the orderbook than before, I'd be worried the price wouldn't rebound and even more people would feel the same and abandon ship.  I feel like the project was just beginning to get some credibility back and if that happens...well, it won't be good for bitcoin.  We speculators are ruining this project.  I'm a part of that, as much as I hate to admit it.

Conversely, if bitcoin is seen to have survived the effects of rampant speculation, that would be a big plus.
StewartJ

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 06:14:02 PM

I was thinking it might stabilize at $4.5 - $4.80, (Jan 4th trading range)

sgbett (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 06:17:09 PM

I think we're going into the $4 range, which was my guess a week or so ago.  However, at the time I thought we'd strongly rebound from there, and now I doubt that.

Ugh, it makes me sick to think we're going to test those levels again.  With more bitcoins for sale on the orderbook than before, I'd be worried the price wouldn't rebound and even more people would feel the same and abandon ship.  I feel like the project was just beginning to get some credibility back and if that happens...well, it won't be good for bitcoin.  We speculators are ruining this project.  I'm a part of that, as much as I hate to admit it.
The dips aren't what is killing the credibility, it the stupid rallies! (alhough they are kind of fun!)

High time we had a chart with arbitrary line...

If growth proceeded in a steady fashion then *that* would be credible, but the whole crowd keeps piling in and then subsequently losing there shirt.

Really the 'actual' line could be anywhere I just picked one for effect, but the point is that the price shouldn't be fluctuating so wildly around it. If it didn't keep taking off so wildly then it wouldn't have to keep correcting.

This is nothing new though, look at any equity chart of a steadily growing company and you see the gyrations of human craziness messing with what should be a fairly smooth increase in valuation.

proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 06:19:44 PM

Conversely, if bitcoin is seen to have survived the effects of rampant speculation, that would be a big plus.

Sure.  But that it will survive isn't a foregone conclusion.  The project needs a killer app.  Without one, there's no reason for wider adoption and, thus, no reason for the price to increase and stabilize.  This goes back to the chicken egg problem.  Why should more people adopt bitcoin besides people interested in speculation (the vast majority of the population isn't going to sit around and watch the price, or code a bot, or use bitcoinica for stop and limit orders)?  And, why should merchants more fully support bitcoin without wider adoption?  

StewartJ

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 06:22:11 PM

So you're cost-averaging your way to cheap bitcoins... where is the point of no return?
proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 06:25:42 PM

I think we're going into the $4 range, which was my guess a week or so ago.  However, at the time I thought we'd strongly rebound from there, and now I doubt that.

Ugh, it makes me sick to think we're going to test those levels again.  With more bitcoins for sale on the orderbook than before, I'd be worried the price wouldn't rebound and even more people would feel the same and abandon ship.  I feel like the project was just beginning to get some credibility back and if that happens...well, it won't be good for bitcoin.  We speculators are ruining this project.  I'm a part of that, as much as I hate to admit it.
The dips aren't what is killing the credibility, it the stupid rallies! (alhough they are kind of fun!)

High time we had a chart with arbitrary line...

If growth proceeded in a steady fashion then *that* would be credible, but the whole crowd keeps piling in and then subsequently losing there shirt.

Really the 'actual' line could be anywhere I just picked one for effect, but the point is that the price shouldn't be fluctuating so wildly around it. If it didn't keep taking off so wildly then it wouldn't have to keep correcting.

This is nothing new though, look at any equity chart of a steadily growing company and you see the gyrations of human craziness messing with what should be a fairly smooth increase in valuation.

I agree with you.  The run up to $32 is the most damaging thing to have happened to the project.

Mushoz

Activity: 686

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2012, 06:39:56 PM

The long term uptrend (green line) is still intact with room to spare. With the red line at the 7.20-7.22 tops, it is possible to interpret this as a huge ascending triangle. Do you think a breakout might lead to a huge rally? I'm not sure. Let's just hope the uptrend holds Smiley

www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
sgbett (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 07:16:07 PM

So you're cost-averaging your way to cheap bitcoins... where is the point of no return?

When I run out of (play) money, are the whole of bitcoin fades to dust. If you are buying BTC with money you can't afford to lose then you are doing it wrong! (imho)

I am still hoping for thousands per coin Wink ( a guy can dream eh).

Knoing my luck I'll get it but it will be largely due to hyperinflation on the USD heheh.

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4578
Merit: 1276

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 07:24:36 PM

At 14 cents, everyone will indeed think its over. I think it probably will be. If it is, I lose money that I have already written off. If it isn't I have bagged a truckload of coin ready for round 2!

+1

Very close to my situation and philosophy.  I've (hopefully) got some money at my exchange which was earmarked for some more buying in the sub-$2.00 range, but that did not happen last time.  It looks like such a PITA to pull out that I've written it off as well as what I've already put into BTC.  I'll happily deploy it if we take another deep dive though.

I am 'pessimistic' that we'll get another dive which would bring the price down to where I want to see it.  This, in part, because the point when the production rate gets cut in half is starting to become visible on the horizon.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
StewartJ

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 07:28:57 PM

When I run out of (play) money, are the whole of bitcoin fades to dust. If you are buying BTC with money you can't afford to lose then you are doing it wrong! (imho)

I am still hoping for thousands per coin Wink ( a guy can dream eh).

Knoing my luck I'll get it but it will be largely due to hyperinflation on the USD heheh.

yeah, it's all play money here for me too. If bitcoin ever got down to $2 again,I would buy a thousand for shits and giggles.
gewure

Activity: 364

[#][#][#]

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 12:22:02 AM

what proudhon says
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: