Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:45:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do you mine on deepbit?  (Read 18300 times)
grue (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 03:38:29 AM

There's no good reason to mine on deepbit.
It's the pool with the highest fees for proportional AND PPS. Don't like high variance with smaller pools? there are plenty of pps pools with zero fees. That's right folks, zero variance, AND you don't pay fees. crazy, right?

inb4 diablo locks this for being off topic.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jkminkov

Activity: 698
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 11:01:29 AM

lots of posts and you can't count that (100 - pool tax % - reject rate %) * uptime of deepbit is bigger than pool X

Bleutrade
10,000 dollars in one place talking - Dudes, hooray, Bitcoin against us just one, but we are growing in numbers!
server
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1002

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 11:05:54 AM

fast connection ping <20ms

[Tycho]

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2012, 11:11:37 AM

We have cookies ! :)

Welcome to my bitcoin mining pool: https://deepbit.net - Both payment schemes (including PPS), instant payout, no invalid blocks !
ICBIT Trading platform : USD/BTC futures trading, Bitcoin difficulty futures (NEW!). Third year in bitcoin business.
grue (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 02:40:06 PM

We have cookies ! Smiley
aww Sad

Graet
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2012, 03:48:54 PM

after many discussions with [Tycho] and other pool operators from both large and small pools I find your sig fascinating... you of course have some proof to back this up?

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
grue (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 12:59:50 AM

after many discussions with [Tycho] and other pool operators from both large and small pools I find your sig fascinating... you of course have some proof to back this up?
Don't hand your money to Deepbit, Slush or any other large pool that thinks it knows best.
FACT: deepbit and slush charge fees to be in their pool. there are plenty of other pools that have no fees whatsoever.
Mine with p2pool to prevent one pool from amassing too much power.
FACT: it's mentioned in satoshi's paper that the network is vulnerable if an attacker has 50%+ of the hashing power. Hashing power of deepbit+slush is more than 50%.

Graet
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2012, 07:53:01 AM

Don't hand your money to Deepbit, Slush or any other large pool that thinks it knows best.
FACT: deepbit and slush charge fees to be in their pool. there are plenty of other pools that have no fees whatsoever.
Mine with p2pool to prevent one pool from amassing too much power.
FACT: it's mentioned in satoshi's paper that the network is vulnerable if an attacker has 50%+ of the hashing power. Hashing power of deepbit+slush is more than 50%.

FACT: miners choose to mine on Deepbit, slush's and many other pools that charge fees.
FACT: deepbit+slush could do all the "togethering" they like, but miners choose to mine on Deepbit and slush's, if they chose not to ...what happens?
None of the above is a fact that shows Deepbit to be an enemy of bitcoin - thats in your sig...

So I see no FACT:s presented to show your sig is anything but libel...

BTW I am fully aware there are fee free pools..... I run  one...

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 06:34:11 PM

There's no good reason to mine on deepbit.
It's the pool with the highest fees for proportional AND PPS. Don't like high variance with smaller pools? there are plenty of pps pools with zero fees. That's right folks, zero variance, AND you don't pay fees. crazy, right?

inb4 diablo locks this for being off topic.

Gee, I've never heard this before.  I find it so insightful, helpful and informative, NOT!

People have the right to choose.  Get over it.

If you can do a better job than Deepbit or any other fee based pool, then just do it.  Let the free market prevail.

Just my opinion,
Sam

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 06:46:11 PM

Deepbit: Most resistant against the Common DDoS attacks (altough i just KNOW someone's gonna jump in and say something like P2P CANT BE DDoS'D!)
Deepbit: Tycho, Seriously... The fees are quite annoying, could'ja put it to 2.5%?
Slush:Multipool, So i run away.
BTCguild:I personally get alot of stales when mining there, Regardless of chosen server

Reason as to Why i have to Chosen something else?

Variance...If your dealing with it, Then just go solo... NO FEES AND AND CAN'T BE DDoS'D ENNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGNNNNNNNHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Who the fuck wants to see a block solved once every three hours....Gawd...

The most painful thing that happened to me was that i had Shared 5 blocks into Deepbit, When i had only mined out about 120coins.. 5x50 =/= 120 So i chose to stay untill i got close to breaking even.

So i fear that if i goto P2Pool then im gonna fucking drop in a block, and mine out 5coins. I personally HAAAAATE when i find a block and i aim it into a pool.
So if im going to have variance (p2pool) Then why the fuck dont i just go solo and earn more?

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
grue (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 06:46:33 PM

FACT: miners choose to mine on Deepbit, slush's and many other pools that charge fees.
no shit. but that's not the point of this thread. I'm just wondering why people would choose deepbit over other pools.
FACT: deepbit+slush could do all the "togethering" they like, but miners choose to mine on Deepbit and slush's, if they chose not to ...what happens?
None of the above is a fact that shows Deepbit to be an enemy of bitcoin - thats in your sig...
double spend attack. not necessarily by the pool owners, but by potential hackers.

Gee, I've never heard this before.  I find it so insightful, helpful and informative, NOT!

People have the right to choose.  Get over it.

If you can do a better job than Deepbit or any other fee based pool, then just do it.  Let the free market prevail.

Just my opinion,
Sam
Wow, that is so informative. Let me summarize what you just said:
I'M NOT GOING TO REBUT OR RESPOND TO ANY OF YOUR POINTS, SO I'M JUST GOING TO MAKE A SARCASTIC REMARK ABOUT HOW FREE MARKETS WORK

Qoheleth
Legendary

Activity: 960
Merit: 1028

Spurn wild goose chases. Seek that which endures.

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2012, 07:02:02 PM

If you can do a better job than Deepbit or any other fee based pool, then just do it.  Let the free market prevail.
Free markets assume that the players in those markets are trying to get themselves the best outcome.

People aren't always doing that. People will make arbitrary choices and then stick with them out of habit or automatic loyalty.

In order to unseat that, you can't just be "better". You have to either proselytize (this thread, I guess), or be so ridiculously better that it overcomes people's intellectual inertia (and if you're up against entrenched infrastructure and capital, well, good luck with that).

If there is something that will make Bitcoin succeed, it is growth of utility - greater quantity and variety of goods and services offered for BTC. If there is something that will make Bitcoin fail, it is the prevalence of users convinced that BTC is a magic box that will turn them into millionaires, and of the con-artists who have followed them here to devour them.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 07:12:20 PM

I mine on deepbit because it's the only pool where I haven't had a bad experience.

Tried BTCGuild, but I had to wait 120 confirmations before I had access to my funds, the interface was unclear as to how many coins I was making, it had no MH/s estimator, and it didn't tell me how many BTC I had generated in the last 24 hours.  Also, stale rates were higher that deepbit, and they weren't reimbursed like they are at deepbit.

Tried BTCMine (which I think is now defunct), and I had tons of stales.

Went back to deepbit, and everything's been fine ever since.

IMO, I am fine with a 1% or so average actual fee for the benefit of mining at a pool that hardly ever goes down.  It's a "I don't ever have to mess with it" proposition.  When I was younger, and had more time, I loved to mess with things and eek out every last drop of performance I could.  I did that in overclocking, Windows optimizations, etc.  Now, all I want it to do is "just work", without me having to mess with it any further.  I guess that's what happens when you hardly have any free time.
m3ta

Activity: 435
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2012, 07:17:05 PM

Deepbit: Most resistant against the Common DDoS attacks (altough i just KNOW someone's gonna jump in and say something like P2P CANT BE DDoS'D!)

P2P can't be DDoS'd.
I chose not to type everything in caps, but someone else might want to, for a bit of extra oomph.

Why the frell so many retards spell "ect" as an abbreviation of "Et Cetera"? "ETC", DAMMIT! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Et_cetera

Host:/# rm -rf /var/forum/trolls
os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 07:20:21 PM

Wow, that is so informative. Let me summarize what you just said:
I'M NOT GOING TO REBUT OR RESPOND TO ANY OF YOUR POINTS, SO I'M JUST GOING TO MAKE A SARCASTIC REMARK ABOUT HOW FREE MARKETS WORK

Hmm, I find you so called points, at least, as sarcastic as my remarks.

My point is that people are free to choose what pool they mine at.  And your slander of one of those pools is only going to make people more likely to keep on mining there.  So your points and tag line are counter productive to your cause.

When mining for a set period of time at deepbit or other fee based pools with significant hash rates I make more BTC then I do with smaller pools that don't charge fees for the same period of time.  Several 0 fee pools have already gone under.  So what is better for Bitcoin and the community?  Successful fee base pools or failing 0 fee pools?

There is no such thing as a free lunch.
Sam

brunoshady

Activity: 262

Dubs Get

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 08:17:58 PM

If you don't like pools just do solo mining, it will take forever and you won't get any coins in worst case Tongue or maybe you are lucky and find 300 btc in just 1 day

😆
RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 28, 2012, 12:59:42 AM

Man, how is it that so many seemingly intelligent people on these forums don't understand what construes libel and slander, let alone the differences between the two?

Deepbit is a pedophile rapist to a succulent teenage bitcoin. That is not libel, nor slander. Call the internet police.
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2012, 02:20:00 AM

Deepbit is a pedophile rapist to a succulent teenage bitcoin. That is not libel, nor slander. Call the internet police.

She said she was 18.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
January 28, 2012, 02:53:38 AM

Man, how is it that so many seemingly intelligent people on these forums don't understand what construes libel and slander, let alone the differences between the two?

Slander - a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report.

DEEPBIT = ENEMY OF BITCOIN

Maybe I can't prove that this statement is slanderous.  But I doubt that he can be proven to be true.

I've never said anything about libel nor being "seemingly intelligent" either.  Smiley
Sam

RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 28, 2012, 03:46:49 AM

Slander - a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report.

DEEPBIT = ENEMY OF BITCOIN

Maybe I can't prove that this statement is slanderous.  But I doubt that he can be proven to be true.

I've never said anything about libel nor being "seemingly intelligent" either.  Smiley
Sam

That statement is in print, making it libel.

Point proven.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: