Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 12:32:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Starfish BCB - Loans and Deposits  (Read 60451 times)
BadBitcoin (James Sutton)
Donator

Activity: 452
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 05:11:54 PM

sure they are in default, my father defaulted on a real life line of credit and declared bankraupcy, does that make him a scammer?

I never said that. I said those people where in default and/or scammers. The difference to creditors isnt that big though.

Hashking put his trust in usagi for insurance,

AFAIK Hashking put the  guaranteed deposits in to a pirate account all by himself and has admitted to that.

and usagi is a complete toolbox.

Cant disagree with that, its probably just a matter of time before he ends up on that list too.

and credit ratings are as valuable as the person giving them out, they have no legal basis and I could give patrick a rating of AAA for his stellar service I've had with him, however he has no legal credentials or responsibilty to the public as would be the case of a professional acting in a professional capacity.

What is a credit rating? Its an assessment of someone ability to repay his debt. Its not an assessment of how much you like a guy or how well he served you. Its not even about their past track record.

To be fair, its very difficult to assess credit risks in bitcoin land with anonymous people and virtually anonymous coins. Thats why one shouldnt go lightly about giving highest possible credit ratings to people you dont know anything about, doing a business they wont tell you anything about, and that more often than not a 10 year old could identify as almost certain scams.

The worst part about it is that the scammers will abuse you and feed you false information that you can not verify or that they wont let you verify. If you can not do the most basic verification of things like identify, RL financial situation, business model, assets of the business etc, then dont bother giving ratings or give them all F's, otherwise all you do it attract and promote scams and you give a negative incentive to honest people or businesses to disclose such information. Why settle for C when you get AAA by just lying or not disclosing?

I don't want to put words in patricks mouth but hes not around to defend his methods.

He does credit checks the same way he decides if an investment is sound, by doing a full verification of all assets and financials, he doesn't release them because they are private (obviously), however even with a sound business model and flow diagrams you can get a string of bad investments (hashking comes to mind, or kluge) and go from far in the green to insolvent in a matter of hours.

TL;DR for everyone reading: hashking didn't scam anyone out of their money, he just lied (intentionally or not) about his fund being guarenteed and his insured pirate fund, and now everyone is angry over the words he used, EVEN THOUGH obviously you shouldn't assume his words to be correct, because this is an anonymous internet forum.

And even shorter,

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 05:44:28 PM

TL;DR for everyone reading: hashking didn't scam anyone out of their money, he just lied

So he "just lied" (for his own financial benefit) and lost your coins. If thats not a scam, I dont know what is.

Definition of scam
noun
informal
a dishonest scheme; a fraud:

But if you want to continue discussing that, we better do it another thread, as for Starfish it doesnt really matter if its a scam or an accident, all that matter is that his debt (if any) will most likely never be repaid in full.
PatrickHarnett (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 08:35:58 PM

Loans recently repaid from Ravi and JasinLee and payments from Sadpandatech, AndyRossy and Quickbitcoins amongst others.

Mixmastermine has decided to run/default, but it appears others have lost many more coins to him than I have (only 160) so despite him being a good customer earlier in the year, he's not now.  Highlights the importance time-stamping credit ratings because things change (so the paste of the WPW thread material needs to note the time at which the ratings were done.)

Next set of payments scheduled to go out tomorrow as planed/advised.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 10:00:42 PM

I honestly don't know how Patrick keeps a cool head with all this spamming/trolling going on.

mb300sd
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

Drunk Posts

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2012, 11:25:55 PM

Mixmastermine has decided to run/default, but it appears others have lost many more coins to him than I have (only 160) so despite him being a good customer earlier in the year, he's not now.  Highlights the importance time-stamping credit ratings because things change (so the paste of the WPW thread material needs to note the time at which the ratings were done.)

Thank god I stopped lending for a while when I did, I was about to give him one :X

1D7FJWRzeKa4SLmTznd3JpeNU13L1ErEco
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 12:17:23 AM

I honestly don't know how Patrick keeps a cool head with all this spamming/trolling going on.

I was thinking the same thing.  He somehow rises above the shouting and name-calling and carries on with business the best he can.  Smiley

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 05:38:14 AM

I was thinking the same thing.  He somehow rises above the shouting and name-calling and carries on with business the best he can.  Smiley

I think it's pretty amazing. But his current debts must be a bit more stressful then the trolling. On his last list of deposits a week ago https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=61262.msg981017#msg981017 he was in debt 18086.32 bitcoins ($228972.81) meaning weekly interest payments of 180.86 bitcoins ($2289.69) and the only way he's got to cover that money is by lending to the worst possible borrowers in society who are willing to accept loans at 286% APR, and are facing repayments while the currency has experienced deflation of over 10% in the last week!! it's almost like his business doesn't make any sense!

Just to clarify my position there is so much kind support for Patric's honesty and integrity on this forum I think you're all incredible fucking idiots and I'm happy to be labelled a troll.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 07:11:50 AM

I think it's pretty amazing. But his current debts must be a bit more stressful then the trolling. On his last list of deposits a week ago https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=61262.msg981017#msg981017 he was in debt 18086.32 bitcoins ($228972.81) meaning weekly interest payments of 180.86 bitcoins ($2289.69) and the only way he's got to cover that money is by lending to the worst possible borrowers in society who are willing to accept loans at 286% APR, and are facing repayments while the currency has experienced deflation of over 10% in the last week!! it's almost like his business doesn't make any sense!

Just to clarify my position there is so much kind support for Patric's honesty and integrity on this forum I think you're all incredible fucking idiots and I'm happy to be labelled a troll.

Ahh, I understand now. You wish to deposit some coins with Patrick, but too shy to ask. Don't worry. As a favour, I'll put a good word in for you. He might be able to squeeze you in.

Chang Hum

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 07:19:32 AM
Last edit: September 20, 2012, 07:59:06 AM by Chang Hum

Ahh, I understand now. You wish to deposit some coins with Patrick, but too shy to ask. Don't worry. As a favour, I'll put a good word in for you. He might be able to squeeze you in.

Yeah lol, it's like laying a bet at 100/1 that this week nothings going to go wrong!!! I can just back a shit horse to lose on Betfair and save you the bother mate.
bitlover

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 07:25:31 AM

Oh, come on! Not all of them are incredible fucking idiots. Plenty are scammers.
Chang Hum

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 07:29:06 AM
Last edit: September 20, 2012, 09:30:54 AM by Chang Hum

Oh, come on! Not all of them are incredible fucking idiots. Plenty are scammers.

Yeah wasn't calling Patrick an idiot to give him credit he's raised nearly $1/4m of unsecured debt from people in a different continent in less than 8 months!
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 07:33:30 AM

Id be more impressed if he was honest and open about the amount of money he is owed and how much of it is in default or deemed at risk.
Patrick rated himself AAA (later removed), the same credit rating Apple or the Swiss government has, but somehow I think he is not quite that solvent.

Current investors, particularly the ones waiting for their deposits to be returned should have the right to be able to make a judgment of starfish solvency, and thus of the value of their credit,  thats based on facts and numbers, and not just the number of "I love patrick" posts.
556j

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 02:37:41 PM

Well I requested withdrawal of a significant deposit not too long ago, received 23% within a week, now getting ~4-5% total per week payments. Estimated time of repayment in full, 16 weeks. I wouldn't sell the debit for less than 10% discount at the moment, and that would be about break even point with principal - interest from original deposit.
PatrickHarnett (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 09:41:40 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=61262.msg981017#msg981017

Balance table updated, payments being fed to the blockchain.
zaj

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 10:38:39 PM

just wondering, since you said my 5,7 btc withdrawal would take a while because i'm on the waiting list. how much longer should i wait ? not getting impatient. just want to save myself the time to browse this topic every day.

thanks in advance !
PatrickHarnett (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 11:10:32 PM

just wondering, since you said my 5,7 btc withdrawal would take a while because i'm on the waiting list. how much longer should i wait ? not getting impatient. just want to save myself the time to browse this topic every day.

thanks in advance !

Sorry, I missed a payment - remedied.
Micon
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2012, 12:36:02 PM

http://betsofbitco.in/item?id=696

Plain and simple, escrow-ed, I bet 1 bitcoin that PatrickHarnett does not pay back all investors in this program by the end of this year. 

think he will? 

"I trust Starfish" ?

let's see how much you trust him in terms of BTC bet on him paying back everyone in full with 3+ months to do it.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
jasinlee

Activity: 742

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 12:41:43 PM

http://betsofbitco.in/item?id=696

Plain and simple, escrow-ed, I bet 1 bitcoin that PatrickHarnett does not pay back all investors in this program by the end of this year. 

think he will? 

"I trust Starfish" ?

let's see how much you trust him in terms of BTC bet on him paying back everyone in full with 3+ months to do it.

So if we bet either way you get a commission on it, no thanks.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 12:42:07 PM

It doesn't include the case of Patrick deciding to resume operation (however unlikely). Maybe you (or betsofbitco.in mods) could modify it to say all obligations shall be met but remove the "outstanding debt" part.
sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 12:48:54 PM

I'm a dirty whore, here to make a buck from your lack of trust

So if we bet either way you get a commission on it, no thanks.

+1

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: