Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:28:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Starfish BCB - Loans and Deposits  (Read 60451 times)
OneEyed
aka aurele

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2012, 11:51:04 AM

he is adding debt on top of debt he cannot pay any time soon, if ever.

This is standard practice. When you cannot reimburse a loan on time, you get late penalties on top of that. People report getting almost 40% of their investment back during the last 4 weeks, while the added interest would be a mere 1%. Doing that increases the cost of the loan for Patrick, but does not make the debt grow, added interests are fortunately much smaller than what is reimbursed during the same period.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2012, 10:35:02 PM
Last edit: October 05, 2012, 07:01:31 AM by JoelKatz

It seems to me the refusal to answer the question "when will everyone be paid back in full" is directly related to "I'm still paying you guys interest"

he is adding debt on top of debt he cannot pay any time soon, if ever.
His only alternative is to disclaim debt that he might be able to pay back. However, I definitely agree that more communication would be better. It's entirely possible he's actually trying to assume a larger share of the burden for the bad loans than is fair. But if he wants to convince people of that, he needs to make a clear and complete case. (Because it's also very easy to say "80% of my loans went bad, and I'll split that cost with my investors" when only 15% of the loans went bad to basically steal from your investors.) Transparency helps credibility, but if you're lying, you take the risk you'll get caught in the lie.

However, if he's going to ask his investors take the all or most of the burden for a bad loan, I believe they have the right to know who defaulted. And if those who defaulted want to claim that he's lying, they should be given that opportunity so the investors can assess whether they're actually being treated fairly.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
BTCHero

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 12:16:01 AM

Largish payments have been appearing in my wallet since this whole thing started.  I am very close to being paid off, complete with interest.  I had money invested with pirate and hashking and sold those debts immediately when it hit the fan.  I choose to keep my Starfish debt because Patrick seemed very trustworthy and am very glad I did.  Thank you Patrick.  Kiss
Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1616
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 12:25:31 PM

In addition to the consistent weekly payments that I've been getting, I just noticed that a largish payment arrived in my wallet on 10/3.
PatrickHarnett (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 09:58:18 PM

Just picking up a point that Joel made, it's not simply a case of bad loans (people refusing to pay or those that invested into Pirate and then defaulted).  There are also a range of GLBSE assets that have been used to generate income since the start of the year.  Some have proven to be very good, others have tanked recently and I'm not keen to sell those at a huge loss unnecessarily, and others have been much more at the scammy end.  In looking after this, it's not a case of taking a knee-jerk reaction and panicing and yes, to-date I have taken significant losses.  That wasn't helped by losing 8000+BTC of some other obligations that I had relating to PPT, but being one of the few who made good on those promises is separate to this thread.  I have also injected a large quantity of cash into the system to cover obligations.

Today, seeing the GLBSE is doing whatever it's doing reinforces the non-panic approach.

As for Micon, he's looking for something in particular, and if he bothered to actually understand what was written in this thread he would have realised I have answered his question, just not the way he would like me to.  As a non-customer, he's not entitled to a better answer than that.
Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 05:58:59 AM

GLBSE assets

Isn't that an oxymoron?
coinft

Activity: 187

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 08:27:40 AM

For the second week in a row I got a good part of my medium sized deposit back. Including Interest. Thanks Patrick.
Micon
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2012, 11:07:21 AM

Just picking up a point that Joel made, it's not simply a case of bad loans (people refusing to pay or those that invested into Pirate and then defaulted).  There are also a range of GLBSE assets that have been used to generate income since the start of the year.  Some have proven to be very good, others have tanked recently and I'm not keen to sell those at a huge loss unnecessarily, and others have been much more at the scammy end.  In looking after this, it's not a case of taking a knee-jerk reaction and panicing and yes, to-date I have taken significant losses.  That wasn't helped by losing 8000+BTC of some other obligations that I had relating to PPT, but being one of the few who made good on those promises is separate to this thread.  I have also injected a large quantity of cash into the system to cover obligations.

Today, seeing the GLBSE is doing whatever it's doing reinforces the non-panic approach.

As for Micon, he's looking for something in particular, and if he bothered to actually understand what was written in this thread he would have realised I have answered his question, just not the way he would like me to.  As a non-customer, he's not entitled to a better answer than that.

ur playing great kiddo / keep up the good work.

PM me next time you give an AAA+ rating to a scammer or start the next Janken fund.

seriously pack it in home boy.   maybe you are a plain 'ole scammer / maybe you are just too stupid to handle bitcoins / either way stop fucking people out of money and funneling "investor" funds into random scams and unlicensed securities.

"oops I lost another $90k" 

goooooooo Starfish!   (do you know starfish is a slang term for asshole?)

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 01:12:53 PM

ur playing great kiddo / keep up the good work.

PM me next time you give an AAA+ rating to a scammer or start the next Janken fund.

seriously pack it in home boy.   maybe you are a plain 'ole scammer / maybe you are just too stupid to handle bitcoins / either way stop fucking people out of money and funneling "investor" funds into random scams and unlicensed securities.

"oops I lost another $90k" 

goooooooo Starfish!   (do you know starfish is a slang term for asshole?)

CONFIRMED - Micon had no reply to Patrick, so he had to resort to personal insults. Micon's true colours shining through.

"I'm not the law, but I represent justice." Oh please. LOL  Cheesy

wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 01:20:19 PM

Micon - "I am not the law, but my parents were siblings" *

*Yes I am fighting him at his level, perhaps then he'll leave?
BadBitcoin (James Sutton)
Donator

Activity: 452
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 06:11:41 PM

that's going in my signature.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 08:03:29 PM

Remember the old 80's UK gameshow 'Blankety Blank'?
Les Dawson may not be with us no more, but the fun and merriment can still continue.

"I'm not the law, but I represent .................."

Fill in the blank.

CharlieContent

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 09:36:07 PM

It's funny how you insult people by calling them "inbred", implying some kind of intellectual deficiency.

Don't you see how ridiculous that is when those you insult still have all their coins, yet you were dumb enough to invest in every single ponzi available?

If you had listened to Bryan Micon instead of insulting him, you would still have your coins. Now, because you were so ignorant and unwise, you have lost god knows how many.

Micon is a little bit crazy. Most pro poker players are. However, he had the wisdom, the foresight and the kindness to warn everyone about these ponzi schemes. The fact that you chose to ignore him is testament to your own lack of wisdom. A fool and his money are easily parted.

I just can't believe that, considering the embarrassing position you have put yourself in, you have the audacity to insult him or anyone else. Maybe it's some pathetic way to regain some dignity in this situation? I can't believe that you have lost so much money and instead of thinking "Fuck maybe I should have listened to that guy who was telling everyone it was a big scam" you are like "I am going to insult a guy who tried to warn me." It's beyond juvenile and beyond stupid.

It actually makes so little sense that you have me wondering if your parents actually are related in some way and your comments are some kind of projection to deal with the shame of losing money in obviously unsound "investments" and the worry that it might somehow be connected to the fact that your folks were 2nd cousins or something. I don't know, I am just speculating about why you are acting in such a bizarre and obnoxious way.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 09:47:43 PM

Micon is a little bit crazy. Most pro poker players are. However, he had the wisdom, the foresight and the kindness to warn everyone about these ponzi schemes. The fact that you chose to ignore him is testament to your own lack of wisdom. A fool and his money are easily parted.

If he was actually decent at poker he'd knew the flaws of result oriented thinking. With the same knowledge I would make the same choices.

Oh and btw, you and Micon are both retarded and should fuck off.
jasinlee

Activity: 742

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 09:48:33 PM

It's funny how you insult people by calling them "inbred", implying some kind of intellectual deficiency.

Don't you see how ridiculous that is when those you insult still have all their coins, yet you were dumb enough to invest in every single ponzi available?

If you had listened to Bryan Micon instead of insulting him, you would still have your coins. Now, because you were so ignorant and unwise, you have lost god knows how many.

I just can't believe that, considering the embarrassing position you have put yourself in, you have the audacity to insult him or anyone else. Maybe it's some pathetic way to regain some dignity in this situation? I can't believe that you have lost so much money and instead of thinking "Fuck maybe I should have listened to that guy who was telling everyone it was a big scam" you are like "I am going to insult a guy who tried to warn me." It's beyond juvenile and beyond stupid.

It actually makes so little sense that you have me wondering if your parents actually are related in some way and your comments are some kind of projection to deal with the shame of losing money in obviously unsound "investments" and the worry that it might somehow be connected to the fact that your folks were 2nd cousins or something. I don't know, I am just speculating about why you are acting in such a bizarre and obnoxious way.

Wow, it took Mosrite a while to get out of the newbie area.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
CharlieContent

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 10:41:21 PM

With the same knowledge I would make the same choices.

This is precisely why you are such an idiot.

Again, I think it's ridiculous that you have the balls to call me a retard when you have willingly handed your money over to so many poorly run investment schemes and outright ponzi scammers. I had the same knowledge as you. I made a different choice. I suspect this is due to wisdom and intelligence. You have been absolutely raped by obvious scams that I saw a mile away. I haven't lost a single satoshi, yet you call me a retard?  Like I say, I think lashing out is your way trying to hold on to a little scrap of dignity. Aww, poor you. Haha, you are doing about as good a job of hanging onto your dignity as you did at hanging on to your coins.
jasinlee

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 10:52:56 PM

With the same knowledge I would make the same choices.

This is precisely why you are such an idiot.

Again, I think it's ridiculous that you have the balls to call me a retard when you have willingly handed your money over to so many poorly run investment schemes and outright ponzi scammers. I had the same knowledge as you. I made a different choice. I suspect this is due to wisdom and intelligence. You have been absolutely raped by obvious scams that I saw a mile away. I haven't lost a single satoshi, yet you call me a retard?  Like I say, I think lashing out is your way trying to hold on to a little scrap of dignity. Aww, poor you. Haha, you are doing about as good a job of hanging onto your dignity as you did at hanging on to your coins.

Nevermind, this must be another Micon puppet. Mosrite couldnt create full sentences.

Hello Mr. Hand.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
CharlieContent

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 12:15:23 AM

FIrst off, I'm not Bryan Micon. If you want to get an admin to confirm this via IP then go ahead. I'm not connecting through a proxy, either open or private, just a normal ISP on a different continent from where Micon says he lives. Also I checked and my account is older than his, so I think the fact I'm not him should be obvious to most. I only know of him from his posts on this forum and I haven't even spoken to the guy.

Secondly, to compare your situation to someone in a car accident is incredibly disrespectful to anyone who has died in a car accident. Do you honestly think that investing in high yield investment schemes, with pseudo-anonymous individuals, using a completely unregulated currency, in what amounts to a shadow economy is comparable in safety to driving a car? Are you genuinely comparing the two?

Let me guess, you just got unlucky and the car you were driving got into an accident. Well, several accidents. Well, actually, every time you ever drove a car you got in an accident. But cars aren't at fault, you were just unlucky, right?

I do enjoy mocking you, not because you are in an unfortunate situation but because you completely fail to understand why you are in that situation. If you had learned a hard lesson I would feel sorry for you and I certainly wouldn't be rubbing it in, but your complete lack of contriteness shows you haven't learned a thing. I'm not mocking you because you were dumb enough to be scammed. I am mocking you because you are so dumb that you don't seem willing or able to analyze that situation, realize where you went wrong, and learn from the experience. I don't just think you are stupid, I am blown away by your staggering inability to think. The great thing is that you are also arrogant, which allows me to give myself permission to find it hilarious without feeling like a vicious and mean bastard. The only thing that would make it unfunny is if you were responsible for anyone's welfare but your own. That would just be deeply sad.
jasinlee

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 12:39:15 AM

This all looks like mosrite to me again.

CharlieContent

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 01:00:00 AM

This all looks like mosrite to me again.

I don't even know who that is.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: