Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 06:58:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Free bitcoins for newbies  (Read 1861 times)
Cryptoman (OP)

Activity: 726
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 07:21:42 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2012, 12:17:56 AM by Cryptoman

I'm giving away 1 BTC each to 5 people.  To receive a Bitcoin, you must:

• Have joined this forum in the last 30 days
  • Mention where you first heard about Bitcoin
  • Post a short essay (a few sentences is fine) in this thread about one of Bitcoin's attributes which is attractive to you (example: low fees) and why.  Select an attribute which hasn't already been mentioned in the posts above yours.
  • Supply your receiving address
  • Be one of the first 5 people

Good luck!

[EDIT] Sent out the 5th Bitcoin.  Thanks everyone for your contributions.  Now go out there and spread the word about how awesome Bitcoin is!

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history." --Gandhi

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Koekiemonster

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

Bitbuy.nl!

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 07:41:36 PM

I first heard about Bitcoin in June/July when a friend of mine told me about it and was building mining rigs. He is on the forum as well.
The possibility of Bitcoin becoming an international currency is most attractive to me. I would love to be able to get to any country and pay for example a taxi with bitcoins. No hassle, no fees, just perfect.

Receiving address in sig.

I have to ask though: why are you doing this?

Oh, and I will use the 1 BTC to buy the new magazine. Smiley

https://www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
Bitcointalk topic over Bitbuy!
Cryptoman (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 08:25:49 PM

I have to ask though: why are you doing this?

I just want to see the world adopt Bitcoin, to liberate us from our overlords.  Your Bitcoin has been sent.

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history." --Gandhi
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2012, 08:49:54 PM

Reposted from newbie section:

I made this account today trying to by something with btc. I first heard of bitcoin when my dad baught some about a year ago. I like how you don't need any approval to own bit coins.
1qKhBj3USYaxo1Q5DTpk4UUMSmSXKS8cx

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
jsgarvin

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 09:00:31 PM

I first heard about Bitcoin on NPR's Planet Money Podcast last year some time.  They did a follow up more recently that inspired me to check into it closer.

I'm primarily attracted to the open-source power-to-the-people aspect of Bitcoin.  I prefer a society where the individual people (flesh and blood kind of people, not Citizens United, Inc kind of "people") are in charge and the institutions serve the people, not the other way around. Putting the people in charge can be very messy and unpredictable at times, but I'm convinced that, in the long run, it's better for everyone (even the institutions).

Receiving Address: 1Bj5iStoUREEDESnuxgjZmQtTbitwWtk9g
SkRRJyTC
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 09:10:03 PM

I first heard about bitcoin on reddit.com/r/poker.  OBVSLY one of the main advantages to BTC is that the US cannot regulate it like they have with online poker.

I think Bitcoin poker will be the killer app the propels BTC into the mainstream.

<3 1PB1aZnF57DCRhYrqQDfTLhhv5ABQsSoL6
Cryptoman (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 09:22:21 PM

I first heard about Bitcoin on NPR's Planet Money Podcast last year some time.  They did a follow up more recently that inspired me to check into it closer.

I'm primarily attracted to the open-source power-to-the-people aspect of Bitcoin.  I prefer a society where the individual people (flesh and blood kind of people, not Citizens United, Inc kind of "people") are in charge and the institutions serve the people, not the other way around. Putting the people in charge can be very messy and unpredictable at times, but I'm convinced that, in the long run, it's better for everyone (even the institutions).

Receiving Address: 1Bj5iStoUREEDESnuxgjZmQtTbitwWtk9g

Thank you.  Bitcoin sent.

Cryptoman (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 09:25:01 PM

I first heard about bitcoin on reddit.com/r/poker.  OBVSLY one of the main advantages to BTC is that the US cannot regulate it like they have with online poker.

I think Bitcoin poker will be the killer app the propels BTC into the mainstream.

Thanks, a Bitcoin is on its way!

SkRRJyTC
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 09:49:51 PM

Thanks, a Bitcoin is on its way!

+Karma to you my friend!
Cryptoman (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 11:09:20 PM

I received this in my personal messages:

Please repost this in your thread please, as I do not have the privileges yet.

Hello, I am a very new member (joined last night!) and have been investigating them for about a month now.
I first heard about bitcoins from stumbleupon. The idea immediately piqued my interest and as a college student what could be better than mining while I sleep with free power? A few people from my university have tried to host gaming tournaments with BTC as the prizes but the demand is not there, but it definitely got me thinking that a counterstrike source (or global offensive) website could easily accept bitcoins and have a structured competitive ladders with bitcoins used as the main payouts. Of course this is all speculation.

my address is: 14gD3cGcV6H2qLS6c8pT7bnh4NPAMJqaSY

1 BTC is on its way to Awalt541.  Thank you.

take5

Activity: 41

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 03:42:21 AM

Not sure if this is still valid but here goes:
I just joined this forum yesterday after having used bitcoin for a month or two. It's certainly a fascinating economic experiment and so far it seems to be quite successful. Being able to send coins from one side of the globe to another with almost no fees is no small feat; and bitcoin makes it so stupidly simple. Of course bitcoin has a great potential for creating a large and influential economy free from government intervention. But one of the best things about it is bringing more attention to economic problems that exist in the world while at the same time offering a real solution.

Cryptoman (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 04:30:47 AM
Last edit: January 28, 2012, 12:15:28 AM by Cryptoman

Not sure if this is still valid but here goes:
I just joined this forum yesterday after having used bitcoin for a month or two. It's certainly a fascinating economic experiment and so far it seems to be quite successful. Being able to send coins from one side of the globe to another with almost no fees is no small feat; and bitcoin makes it so stupidly simple. Of course bitcoin has a great potential for creating a large and influential economy free from government intervention. But one of the best things about it is bringing more attention to economic problems that exist in the world while at the same time offering a real solution.

Your receiving address?

[EDIT] Received address via PM.

take5

Activity: 41

View Profile
January 28, 2012, 01:03:23 AM

Hey thanks again Crytoman!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: