Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:47:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: 1GH/s, 20w, $700 (was $500) — Butterflylabs, is it for real? (Part 2)  (Read 1907 times)
wndrbr3d (OP)

Activity: 914
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 10:10:37 PM

Cracks me up that this was moved to Off-Topic Tongue

I was trying to find this thread to see if there was any sort of updates. Mums the word from BFL it would seem.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ZodiacDragon84

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

The king and the pawn go in the same box @ endgame

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 03:16:03 AM

how much of the posts are trolls or fud-mongers though.Let the people who have money tied up in these things worry about it. If they get product, then bring out the threads, otherwise we (current non-adopters) should shut up and watch.

Looking for a quick easy mining solution? Check out
www.bitminter.com

See my trader rep at Bitcoinfeedback.com
!
simonk83

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 08:29:36 PM

how much of the posts are trolls or fud-mongers though.Let the people who have money tied up in these things worry about it. If they get product, then bring out the threads, otherwise we (current non-adopters) should shut up and watch.

Best post in this thread.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 08:52:32 PM

Just an FYI - look back at your posts ... and see how many you need to go back to find one that isn't part of the reason this thread has been moved to off-topic (I count ... 6)

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
simonk83

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 09:13:17 PM

Just an FYI - look back at your posts ... and see how many you need to go back to find one that isn't part of the reason this thread has been moved to off-topic (I count ... 6)

This thread deserves to be in off topic (or closed altogether) and was derailed by trolls long before I showed an interest (as was the thread before this).

In not going to apologise to anyone for actually putting my money where my mouth is and ordering a couple of these things, and then choosing to call out a few utter idiots who have nothing better to do than troll a thread of a product they have no intention of buying.

Pathetic.

legolouman

Activity: 504

Decent Programmer to boot!

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 10:32:49 PM

I don't think this thread was derailed hy trolls, but rather people with skin in the game don't want to listen to speculation.

If you love me, you'd give me a Satoshi!
BTC - 1MSzGKh5znbrcEF2qTrtrWBm4ydH5eT49f
LTC - LYeJrmYQQvt6gRQxrDz66XTwtkdodx9udz
simonk83

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 11:34:49 PM

I don't think this thread was derailed hy trolls, but rather people with skin in the game don't want to listen to speculation.

I imagine anyone who's NOT a troll in this thread will disagree with that.   
legolouman

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 11:49:58 PM

Because anyone who bought into such a shady company doesn't want to hear how they could be illegitimate. He thread is 'is it real?' Not 'these guys are real, they just don't have a ship date'

kano
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 12:54:36 AM

Because anyone who bought into such a shady company doesn't want to hear how they could be illegitimate. He thread is 'is it real?' Not 'these guys are real, they just don't have a ship date'
Actually the most obvious relevance of that is that BFL do not have a discussion thread here at all that they created.

I'm still not sure why a company that wants to sell bitcoin products to people here in the bitcoin community, still does not have their own thread and hides away.
That's just silly.

This thread is of course: "Butterflylabs, is it for real? (Part 2)" - not some BFL created thread called: "Butterflylabs" or "Butterflylabs 1GH/s 20W for $500" ........

Even the BFL account person says the BTL account was created for discussing the products here are bitcointalk (yes I checked, read from the last post up: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=44366;sa=showPosts;start=60 )

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2012, 01:29:29 AM

Kano, you need to consider what online forums are like to people who haven't been around them for years.  To you and me and most of the trolls, this kind of shit is normal... to someone unfamiliar with the FFA message forum on the internet environment, it is a truly horrifying place.  I can absolutely understand why people not in that type of community would want to stay as far away from it as possible.  

Just think about your first time on /b/ Smiley

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
kano
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 01:44:08 AM

Kano, you need to consider what online forums are like to people who haven't been around them for years.  To you and me and most of the trolls, this kind of shit is normal... to someone unfamiliar with the FFA message forum on the internet environment, it is a truly horrifying place.  I can absolutely understand why people not in that type of community would want to stay as far away from it as possible.  

Actually I never go anywhere near 4chan ... for that reason Cheesy
Oh well then I guess that makes sense.
I presume, once the device does actually appear they might come out of the hole they are hiding in.

ZodiacDragon84

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

The king and the pawn go in the same box @ endgame

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 02:04:57 AM

Ahhh I remember my first time. I wept for hours after that accident

Looking for a quick easy mining solution? Check out
www.bitminter.com

See my trader rep at Bitcoinfeedback.com
!
legolouman

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 02:19:07 AM

Ahhh I remember my first time. I wept for hours after that accident

Doesn't that go somewhere along the lines of OP never delivers? Maybe that's why BFL doesn't have their own thread.

Okay,so that may have been borderline Troll, sorry.

Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2012, 03:27:16 AM

That's what this thread needs... damn.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2012, 03:41:33 AM

Mmmmm boobies.

sadpandatech

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 04:01:43 AM

So glad this got moved to off topic:)
Yo Dawg, I heard you like epic so I moved this thread to the epic off-topic section so you can be epic while you read this epic thread.

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2012, 04:27:21 AM

We just need a chan with a shoe on her head and an epic trap and this thread will be legendary.  They have to be real bitcoiners though.  We need an official BTC-chan.  It would be the best bitcoin thread OF ALL TIME.  OF ALL TIME!

sadpandatech

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 04:35:50 AM

So glad this got moved to off topic:)
Yo Dawg, I heard you like epic so I moved this thread to the epic off-topic section so you can be epic while you read this epic thread.

Only Epic boobs!
Those are indeed epic but probably pushing the limits of what is acceptable on the forum here, m8. ;p

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
DiabloD3
Legendary

Activity: 1162

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2012, 04:41:24 AM

Only Epic boobs!

Meh, I've seen bigger.

ZodiacDragon84