Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:30:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Missing Mt. Gox BTC Withdrawals - Abysmal Customer Support  (Read 1534 times)
jlkershner (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 09:45:59 PM

Over 48 hours ago I submitted three BTC withdrawals from Mt.Gox within a few minutes of each other. The third of those transactions showed up in the block chain within an hour (16eEMLcXoY9BVgs5VeCMyP3tVP7kDCEB93). The first two withdrawals still have not (12JTYwGnaCJpmdjSyRNG5U1hHQ1bfmwVHP, 1CgZCTxUmGnujnwn5DA3KjaLLRuAHpntSo). Neither is showing up as an unconfirmed transaction either (see http://bitcoincharts.com/bitcoin/).

I submitted a support ticket to no avail.  Mt. Gox support promptly closed the ticket as it was before 24 hours (I won't even mention how absurd it is that a BTC transaction could take 24 hours to propagate to the network).  I reopened the ticket after the 24 hour window had passed and have heard nothing from Mt. Gox.  I submitted an additional request asking for a status update and that new request was merged with no comment.  It is quite distressing that the withdrawal which should occur within minutes (propagating a Bitcoin withdrawal to the network) could have these recurring issues with no customer support response.

At this point, I have reasonably concluded that Mt.Gox deducted the BTC from my account and did not send the withdrawals out to the network. While I recognize that mistakes happen, the lack of response is appalling, and a quick review of the forums reveals that this is a systemic problem and not an isolated occurrence. Withdrawals frequently go missing and users must be hyper-vigilant to ensure that negligence does not deprive them of their funds.

While recognizing the difference in time zones, I expected a prompt response and I have heard nothing.  The transactions are fairly small, but I'm getting increasingly upset at what feels like stonewalling.

Thoughts and comments are welcome.  Has anyone else found a solution to getting Mt.Gox to respond to these scenarios?

-jlkershner

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 10:31:27 PM

Were the first two transactions to other people? If so, they might have given you a MtGox bitcoin address, and when you send to those from within MtGox, the transfer is done instantly internally.

jlkershner (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2012, 01:52:36 PM

I have confirmed that both of the receiving addresses are not internal Mt.Gox addresses, and that neither has received the client funds.
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
January 28, 2012, 02:00:33 PM

perhaps to send your receivers Mt.Gox BTC codes until this is sorted out, they're working fine atm & always have as far as I know

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
jlkershner (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2012, 02:02:29 PM

My anger, which grows by the hour, is not that transactions went missing, it is that Mt.Gox refuses to give me any feedback on the issue.
Bigpiggy01

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2012, 02:52:20 PM

My anger, which grows by the hour, is not that transactions went missing, it is that Mt.Gox refuses to give me any feedback on the issue.

Mt Gox email support can be slow, they do however have a backup option IRC #mtgox on freenode. Look for MagicalTux (on JST) or Neofutur (on off hours)

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
jlkershner (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 02:19:41 PM

It has now been 4 days with no communication, no comment, and no status update.  My funds are still missing and Mt. Gox has them...
Mt.Gox Support
VIP

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 06:17:49 AM

Has anyone else found a solution to getting Mt.Gox to respond to these scenarios?

-jlkershner

Hi jlkershner

One of my colleague take over your support ticket and now everything should be in order by now. We are sorry for the delay in our response, and I am sure that my colleague explained you the reason for that.

Cheers

Mt.Gox : The Leading International Bitcoin Exchange.
Mt.Gox Merchant Solutions : https://mtgox.com/merchant
jlkershner (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 02:35:26 PM

This issue has been resolved, but it should not have taken as long as it did, and it should been resolved with proper communication with the customer.  Nonetheless, we can now put the matter behind us.

-jlkershner
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: