Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 05:20:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] DISTROCOIN X11 / IOS RELEASE IS HERE.  (Read 111294 times)
Goldshredder

Activity: 249
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 12:17:36 AM

No problem thanks for your questions. Personally we just like the shorthand "DISTRO" when talking about the currency value. "DistroCoin" is a nice name for the coin we feel.

I agree about the DistroCoin being the best and classiest official capitalisation for use in the formal context. Perhaps it could appear that way as a main heading in the OP, so it appears in it's formal context to everyone right from the start.

I think regarding anon features, we would be best taking the path of BlackCoin, which leaves anon functions up to third-party development if they so wish to do so.  But the coin itself does not need to include anon features as a fundamental.  I think anon is a distraction for the core developers to avoid.  That effort can be spent on other areas.  Also, the principle of distribution upon which this coin bases certain fundamentals, is a bit contrary to the principle of "darknet" anon style features.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Raxe.io (OP)

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 12:18:20 AM

To get community involvement we have also decided that the community decides on the development you want next. So please community suggestions are welcomed and at the end we will have a vote, then we will place a bounty for the specific development. We DO NOT want to go along the road of anonymous transactions as we don't believe it lends itself to transparency and mainstream adoption at this point.

will this be a side line thing running with things according to the whitepaper? or instead of, because the whitepaper and your ideas and plans from it are what is drawing mine and many peoples interests

This will be a sideline, to allow for other people to come in and develop services for us. Everything stated in the whitepaper is on the table for us and what we feel is fundamental development. But the whitepaper is just the initial distribution so more things will be added.

Raxe.io / Example wallet: http://wallet.raxe.io
tricass

Activity: 394
Merit: 250

Crypto enthusiast

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 01:42:39 AM

I believe VTC are considering implementing stealth addresses which I like because it would placate a lot of the concerns around being completely anonymous.

Raxe.io (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 01:49:50 AM

I believe VTC are considering implementing stealth addresses which I like because it would placate a lot of the concerns around being completely anonymous.

Normal addresses just have a basic secure hash? What are the features of stealth addresses?

szenekonzept
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1012

Europecoin Financecloud API

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 02:23:14 AM

No problem thanks for your questions. Personally we just like the shorthand "DISTRO" when talking about the currency value. "DistroCoin" is a nice name for the coin we feel.

I agree about the DistroCoin being the best and classiest official capitalisation for use in the formal context. Perhaps it could appear that way as a main heading in the OP, so it appears in it's formal context to everyone right from the start.

I think regarding anon features, we would be best taking the path of BlackCoin, which leaves anon functions up to third-party development if they so wish to do so.  But the coin itself does not need to include anon features as a fundamental.  I think anon is a distraction for the core developers to avoid.  That effort can be spent on other areas.  Also, the principle of distribution upon which this coin bases certain fundamentals, is a bit contrary to the principle of "darknet" anon style features.

I agree, privacy is a good goal, but not every coin has to jump on the train, just because DRK had some succes.
We have enought coins that focus this feature, diversity power.
Maybe an "API" like plugin specification would be great, e.g. "the Firefox of Cryptocoin"?
This would lead to inovations, would make it "upgradable" and is also a great promotable feature.
Currendly there has to be a new coin for each inovation, instead having a modular system.
Writing this, Ideas like a second, parallel, patchable, sandbox like blockchain engine are flashing through my brain ...  crazy brain

Raxe.io (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 02:25:07 AM

I think regarding anon features, we would be best taking the path of BlackCoin, which leaves anon functions up to third-party development if they so wish to do so.  But the coin itself does not need to include anon features as a fundamental.  I think anon is a distraction for the core developers to avoid.  That effort can be spent on other areas.  Also, the principle of distribution upon which this coin bases certain fundamentals, is a bit contrary to the principle of "darknet" anon style features.

I agree, privacy is a good goal, but not every coin has to jump on the train, just because DRK had some succes.
We have enought coins that focus this feature, diversity power.
Maybe an "API" like plugin specification would be great, e.g. "the Firefox of Cryptocoin"?
This would lead to inovations, would make it "upgradable" and is also a great promotable feature.
Currendly there has to be a new coin for each inovation, instead having a modular system.
Writing this, Ideas like a second, parallel, patchable, sandbox like blockchain engine are flashing through my brain ...  crazy brain

This is great! So your talking a plugin features for websites? To upgrade the usability of the coin? We really like this idea.

szenekonzept
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 02:32:28 AM

yeah something like a second layer, wich protects the core chain from direct access and works like a handle for request of websites, ATMs, Gameengines and so on  perhaps with a permission system, wich lets the user control those features, like in social network apis, for example "do you whant to grand xxxx, to access information / functionality yyyy"

tricass

Crypto enthusiast

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:37:24 AM

Normal addresses just have a basic secure hash? What are the features of stealth addresses?

I'm still reading up on it. Here's the VTC thread that started me looking into it: http://www.reddit.com/r/vertcoin/comments/2690jj/vertcoin_darkcoin/

As I understand it the current anon implementations make it difficult if not impossible to trace one's own transactions, even from your self. With stealth addresses your transactions are anon to everyone else except you are able to trace your own transaction history as you hold the private key.

szenekonzept
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 02:46:56 AM

great discussion, keep goin, I will return tomorrow
good night  Smiley

berkelip

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:48:56 AM

am i late to mine this coin?
how much coin created now? Block Explorer can't opened

П    |⧛ Join the signature campaign and earn free PI dayli!  ✅ |⧛    П
|⧛         PiCoin - get in now  ✅     No ICO!  ✅         |⧛
jibble

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 03:32:26 AM

am i late to mine this coin?
how much coin created now? Block Explorer can't opened

total pow blocks 50000

currently mined blocks is something like 26000 and something yeah they just over half way thru, so still able to mine, im guessing that it would also mean we currently have just over half total POW blocks, so 7 million coins at this point a bit less.
tricass

Crypto enthusiast

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 04:02:19 AM

is staking on at the moment?

jibble

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 04:24:01 AM

at the moment doesn't look like, but best way to find out would be placing some in your wallet over night and sleeping and waking up to see if they have been staked, 8 hour mature time so its pretty short
jibble

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:04:27 AM

To get community involvement we have also decided that the community decides on the development you want next. So please community suggestions are welcomed and at the end we will have a vote, then we will place a bounty for the specific development. We DO NOT want to go along the road of anonymous transactions as we don't believe it lends itself to transparency and mainstream adoption at this point.

will this be a side line thing running with things according to the whitepaper? or instead of, because the whitepaper and your ideas and plans from it are what is drawing mine and many peoples interests

This will be a sideline, to allow for other people to come in and develop services for us. Everything stated in the whitepaper is on the table for us and what we feel is fundamental development. But the whitepaper is just the initial distribution so more things will be added.

Nice great to hear.

Would it be possible for daily updates on progress of current projects to be implemented and made for the coin. But also random ideas of where you want the coin to go and random ideas to share with community to see what they think or perhaps them adapting the original thought you were thinking of.

so if you have some crazy ideas of adding functions or applications you would be able to and think about doing onto the coin, then having everyone discussing it and pitching thoughts and ideas

I know its also part of the communities job to be coming up with some of the ideas, but i was thinking with your experience and your knowledge, you must have some far flung theories/ideas that could be then refined by the community from feedback to apply to your coin
arteleis

Activity: 630
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:39:31 AM

This development is interesting.  I have a few questions and concerns.

1. With all due respect, why is "the developers logo (RAXE) in huge letters" the most dominant thing in this thread, and in the whitepaper?  If you were promoting "RAXE" or "RAXECoin" then sure, plaster away.  But as it stands, it is - when used to such a large and dominant degree - very distracting from the main point of the thread, which is not "RAXE", but "DistroCoin".  I believe you should have a serious think about the priorities of what is being promoted here - you??, or the coin (and it's own merits)??

2. You need to be more specific about the things you want for bounty-work. Saying "have at it, folks, whatever you think of" isn't the most effective motivator, imo. It invites community apathy. If you give people at least semi- specific things to work towards then it may attract the attention and work of specific people. What do you actually want the community to look at contributing?

3. Please report on progress with iOS wallet. Is there even a vague ETA? e.g. "probably within a month"? something else?  It's one thing to say something is coming, but another to keep the community's interest and faith that it is actually happening.

1 and 3 are valid points, More activity and updates on this thread would also promote a higher trade volume.

But you have to understand with number 2. This dev has made countless wallets and websites for other coins and has proven their coding skills and sold their skills for hire. offering bounties for specific things? that they themselves have already coded hundreds of times? or have the knowledge to do so themselves?

So for the Dev to supply any exact bounty plans wouldn't really work, anything he can think of he can code, but if anyone who supports the coin from the community wants to do something for the coin, they can msg him and likely will be paid in some form of bounty

Point taken and I agree. I withdraw my statements regarding 2.

I am still interested in 1 and 3, should anyone care to comment on them.

arteleis, I have no allegiance to any other coin nor any negative agenda here. On the contrary, I have invested in DIS and would like to see it go far. That is why I am here and asking questions I believe pertinent to it's future.  Please don't insult me Smiley

It.. seems.... I have been the troll.  Haha
  I Support this coin 100%.  Troll defender supports distrocoin coin. 

Yes valid points but with blatantly obvious and already posted answers.   Moving on..

POS IS COMING!!!!

SILKCOIN - DARKSILK - SILKWEAVER - FREEDOM
ashour

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:52:09 AM

Let's all tweet poloniex and ask them to add DISTRO
louiseth1
Legendary

Bitfarms.io

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 10:15:32 AM

http://Distro.SuchPool.pw

Never too late to join us up!

2% Pool Fee / PROP payout system
Multiple Load-Balanced Node.JS Stratums + VARDIFF
24/7 Monitoring on Stratum, MPOS, Central Wallet, Mysql and much more
DDoS Protected Cluster System
Professionnal infrastructure build with scalability in mind
Multiple databases and frequent full database dumps
Hosted in a state of the art Datacenter using n+1
Best bandwidth carriers, excellent connectivity and latency worldwide

Point your miners at: stratum+tcp://stratum1.suchpool.pw:3329  and  stratum+tcp://stratum2.suchpool.pw:3329
Miners from europe can use stratum+tcp://stratum-eu.suchpool.pw:3329

http://Distro.SuchPool.pw
To reach us:

URL: http://www.suchpool.pw
    Email: admin@suchpool.pw
    IRC: irc.freenode.net - #suchpool
    Twitter: @SuchPool

Bitfarms.io - Powering Blockchains with Sustainable Energy
Raxe.io (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 11:23:37 AM

A few updates:

- Mockups of the DISTRO debit cards should be released today. These will be put on pre-order soon.

- iOS development is going well, we have decided it will go on both JailBreak iPhones and the Apple Store.

- We are looking for multipools to support us once we hit PoS phase so if you are a developer or an owner of a multipool please get in contact with us.

- We are in the process of making up a bounty with attributes of a plugin application for DISTRO that was explained.

Regards,

Raxe.

tricass

Crypto enthusiast

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 11:33:02 AM

at the moment doesn't look like, but best way to find out would be placing some in your wallet over night and sleeping and waking up to see if they have been staked, 8 hour mature time so its pretty short

it's been in there a day now. my stake weight is higher than the network weight which usually means its not on, though it's normal 0 but at the moment the network weight is 2443.

nfox

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 12:36:42 PM

A few updates:

- Mockups of the DISTRO debit cards should be released today. These will be put on pre-order soon.

- iOS development is going well, we have decided it will go on both JailBreak iPhones and the Apple Store.

- We are looking for multipools to support us once we hit PoS phase so if you are a developer or an owner of a multipool please get in contact with us.

- We are in the process of making up a bounty with attributes of a plugin application for DISTRO that was explained.

Regards,

Raxe.

We need a bountie for marketing and pr.. this project is way different than others, but without a good marketing plan will go nowhere..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: