Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:09:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Setup Guide] Blackarrow Bitfury 16 chip board support and tuning thread  (Read 13342 times)
helipotte

Activity: 650
Merit: 500

Pick and place? I need more coffee.

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 02:06:19 AM

I am still fighting hardware/spi errors.  Rebuilding all of the cables that link the boards together.  Seems some of them are miscrimped and have opens!  This can cause crazy

high errors.  I like to keep errors below 2%.  If you don't want to torture yourself and rebuild these things I would suggest buying new ones. Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
brettsimons

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 02:56:12 AM

So I finally decided to try CGMiner with no success Sad. I plugged only 1 board in (it somehow detected 3) and tried to run it and besides connecting to the pool and getting new blocks, all I see are hardware errors and bad chip messages where it slows down the chips until it eventually disables it... Any ideas on what is happening??

https://i.imgur.com/VV8mPyM.jpg
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #2aVwgKCBcWYKbC3T
dozerz
Legendary

Activity: 2214
Merit: 1057

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 06:52:56 AM

just ordered some replacement cables, would explain errors and random burning of the controller.

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/8535

space for rent, shilling for sats
btljuice

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 01:40:28 AM

For the people who posted that they got the blue boards working. Am I correct in reading that you have a controller with the pins facing down (for at least 1 of the SPI connectors)? Because my controller has all of the pins facing up. That's been my problem getting them going, is I can't get the pins to match.
warrensgun

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

Mining since bitcoin was $1

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:10:35 PM

For the people who posted that they got the blue boards working. Am I correct in reading that you have a controller with the pins facing down (for at least 1 of the SPI connectors)? Because my controller has all of the pins facing up. That's been my problem getting them going, is I can't get the pins to match.

My blue boards all have pins down - and 2 of the green ones.  I had to hook them up to the pins down on the controller.  The pins that were down on the controller appeared to have been added after - or the pins that were up were.  Either way - it looked like someone soldered the pins on themselves.

warrensgun

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:23:02 PM

just ordered some replacement cables, would explain errors and random burning of the controller.

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/8535

good call - worth a shot at this point.  

I'm also thinking setting up the pi to kill cgminer and restart it every hour or something.

I've been using difficulty 256 - anyone have better or worse experience with others?

brettsimons

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:23:09 PM

Well ends up today I have the blue cards working with cgminer! Ends up that instead of being intuitive and hooking up the controllers to the cards from the controller to the data out pins, you're supposed to connect the spi cables so they go from data in to the controller...  Huh But now that I switched the cables, with 12 boards, were working at about 370 Gh/s which is a heck of a lot better than 0! But now that it's finally working, I can work on getting the hashing rate up Smiley
numnutz2009

Activity: 387
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 03:38:04 PM

Well ends up today I have the blue cards working with cgminer! Ends up that instead of being intuitive and hooking up the controllers to the cards from the controller to the data out pins, you're supposed to connect the spi cables so they go from data in to the controller...  Huh But now that I switched the cables, with 12 boards, were working at about 370 Gh/s which is a heck of a lot better than 0! But now that it's finally working, I can work on getting the hashing rate up Smiley

i noticed that too.

I also unsoldered the blue boards pins and flipped them around so they can be connected to the gen 1 controlers since thats all i have at this point.

also how do you replace miner proxy with cgminer in the chainminer image? I compiled cgminer and all that but i want to try it out but im not too handy with linux i guess because i cant figure out half this shizz. these miners are the only ones i have ever seen with such crappy support (from the maker that is. community support is amazing and is why i got as far as i have) so i cant figure out why im getting so many spi errors and errors in general. this is what i get:

speed:17010 noncerate[GH/s]:10.609 (0.034/chip) hashrate[GH/s]:176.407 good:741 errors:63253 spi-errors:5038 miso-errors:5396 jobs:336 (record[GH/s]:0.000)

ne ideas would be greatly appreciated. I made the changes to the bus speed like sugested but i cant make sure the chip speed is 900 because i have no idea where the settings are to set the clock speed for the chips or what the settings should be to provide the proper speed and voltage or if im even able to change the voltage period lol. thanks in advance guys and i hope this account doesnt get hacked like my numnutz2005 account did……cant even recover the damn thing……some chineese dude startin postin with it lol but i didnt see the change your password message for heartbleed until it was too late i suppose.
warrensgun

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 01:29:04 AM

I setup Cgminer following the directions from Kanos - http://www.kano-kun.net/?p=87

Then I did this
Code:
cd /opt/
mv bitfury/ bitfury-old/

That then moved all of the chainminer files into a new folder - so I could move them back if i needed to

Then

Code:
screen

Then

cd to the cgminer directory (/opt/cgminer for me)

Code:
./cgminer

I'd make it sure was all running - then press Ctrl+a then D (that tells it to disattach from the screen) -- screen allows stuff to stay running on linux after you end your SSH session.

Once you get everything working -- check the crontab that was default in the image -- Don't bother doing this till you are done tweaking.

Code:
crontab -e

see the command about killing the screen -- and it references a file something like /etc/local/rc.d  -- I'm writing this from memory

Open up that file
Code:
nano /directory/somefile
     then you can edit which command it is running - by default it will be trying to run a command to open up chainminer and the stratum proxy.  You can replace this with the command you need to run cgminer.

Hope that helps -- mine still aren't stable - nor are they performing very well - and I'm having to reboot cgminer every 20 minutes to get much out of them other than a metric ton of hardware errors.

dozerz
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 07:10:46 AM

i think i will sell mine as dont have the time required to tweak these.

if anyone in eu wants 20 boards with all accessories including some spare controller boards let me know.

numnutz2009

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 03:15:26 AM

if anyone in eu wants 20 boards with all accessories including some spare controller boards let me know.

how much for the controllers and which version r they?? same for the boards but mainly the controllers cause i have a ton of boards right now lol.
dozerz
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 07:21:09 AM

how much for the controllers and which version r they?? same for the boards but mainly the controllers cause i have a ton of boards right now lol.

everything has been now sold. maybe the buyer will be able to help out with some of the controllers.

numnutz2009

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 06:46:30 PM

everything has been now sold. maybe the buyer will be able to help out with some of the controllers.

Thats cool. mind if i ask how much u got for your boards?? and whos the buyer?? or can you send the buyer my way?? idk who purchased them so i cant contact him/her about the controllers.

if anyone else has any controllers they want to unload both v1 and v2 let me know.
helipotte

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 03:19:35 PM

I purchased dozers boards.  I will post in this thread when I receive them.  I hope I will have some extra controllers for sale. Smiley
numnutz2009

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 03:38:18 AM

Still looking for some controllers if anyone has any they cant use or just dont want anymore. might want some more hashing boards too if i can get some extra controllers.
terrapinflyer

Activity: 602

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 07:29:43 PM

Im looking to unload my 17 boards, controllers and cables. If you are interested in taking the whole lot and are in the USA just shoot me a PM.
lightlord
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3226
Merit: 1226

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 02:47:10 AM

"I am looking for bitfuries 40GH boards that you couldn't get to work, or is non functional, optionally I'd be willing to take
good working ones as well. Let me know your price.

Conditions, there must be no visual missing components, or burned out parts on the board, must look visually good.
You haven't tried any soldering, or anything to fix the board, and it still doesn't work, no soldering must of been attempted.
If all these are met I will be interested."

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=681257.msg7727382#msg7727382

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
lightlord
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3226
Merit: 1226

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 02:56:14 AM

"Anyone here that can ship me a GPIO cable over night, shipping? To Canada BC?

Also if anyone has bitfury spacers, and stands, and can ship 100 or so off em.
Basically these http://www.dx.com/p/brass-threaded-stand-off-hex-screw-pillars-w-nuts-m3-x-30mm-6-30-pcs-148712#.U4ZENvldVT4.

Also looking for some raspberry pis. Like 2 or so.

I also need some Bitfury controllers that is pointed downwards and not upwards."

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=681367.msg7727928#msg7727928

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
dozerz
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 05:43:06 AM

i have about 100 spacers, rpi gpio cable and about 50 of the 8 pin connector cables if anyone is interested in the set?

helipotte

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 04:22:12 PM

"Anyone here that can ship me a GPIO cable over night, shipping? To Canada BC?

Also if anyone has bitfury spacers, and stands, and can ship 100 or so off em.
Basically these http://www.dx.com/p/brass-threaded-stand-off-hex-screw-pillars-w-nuts-m3-x-30mm-6-30-pcs-148712#.U4ZENvldVT4.

Also looking for some raspberry pis. Like 2 or so.

I also need some Bitfury controllers that is pointed downwards and not upwards."

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=681367.msg7727928#msg7727928

You can get the Raspberry pi/s from Newegg or Newark.   As for the GPIO cable just make one out of a 40 pin IDE cable!  I know it is not the most

graceful approach but in a pinch it works.  Just tone out the 5V feed first to keep from smoking your Pi!  You can half the number of brass risers you

need by lying the boards down on their side with the power connectors pointed up.  If you do this and use 120MM fans you only need 2 per board.

As for the controllers you can redo the ends of the 10 pin cable to act as a sort of "crossover" cable and make you downward facing board connectors

work with the upward facing controllers.  Can't find a stock picture of this so I will try to take one tonight.  You basically cut the end of the 10 pin

cable off, slice it every 2 conducters, twist them 180 degrees and recrimp. Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: