Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:47:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Only Half of my TerraMiner IV is mining :(  (Read 1154 times)
A_Member (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 11:40:28 PM

Hi everyone

Ever since I've received my Terraminer IV in the mail, I've only seen 1 core (CTA0) recognized in the web interface. The unit only mines at 700-800 Gh/s which confirms the fact that only one core is working. I believe it's the core controlled by the lower plug on the unit because if I don't connect the top plug it makes no difference in the operation of the miner.

I've posted all the data from the stats page at http://bl.ocks.org/yskywalker/raw/e979fd6032da76835303/ (It was too large to put on this post) I'm also posting my cgminer.log at https://gist.github.com/yskywalker/db685aa5413f39d394d0 (That log came from relaunching cgminer with the --debug option.)

Once, I plugged in the lower plug first, waited 5 minutes, then plugged in the upper plug. Both miners started working but CTA1 wouldn't go over 500Gh/s. Another time CTA1 showed up but didn't do any mining. When that happened, the temperature was reading a huge negative value.  I also noticed that the logfile mentioned disabling a core because no temp sensor was detected.  That doesn't show up in my logfile anymore because the other core isn't detected at all.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.  I have no problem running cgminer with specific commands or doing anything else through ssh.
619mining

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:38:30 AM

This is a very common problem that cointerra is very well aware of.

Let me ask you this question:

Was your rig ever on a public ip address?  If so it may very well be compromised and the other core is mining for someone else without you knowing.

I have gone though this ordeal and had to un-hack about 92 cointerra rigs.

The process to unhack them is something I cannot post here or it could cause more peoples boxes to become hacked so I wont post it
however I can un-hack it for you or help you.

If you have cointerra boxes, I specialize in them and if you host them at my facility I can assure you they will be secure and safe from hackers.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: