Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:46:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinotron can possibly do 51% attack on Litecoin  (Read 1852 times)
Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 06:19:02 PM

this is not healthy and not good whatever way you spin it

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 06:32:16 PM

Coinotron are asking miners to leave to fix the 51% threat. Ghash had a similar situation a few months ago as well. Saw this on Reddit:
"Due to the Litecoin hashrate increase on the Coinotron mining pool, the cryptocurrency silver is now under the 51% threat.
Ghash.IO mining pool welcomes all the Litecoin miners to join our pool with the 0% pool fee and enjoy unique advantage of shared credentials with CEX.IO Bitcoin Crypto Exchange.

We encourage media resources and Litecoin adherents to help us in spreading the following message and save Litecoin together.”

link?

Coinotron did NOT ASK anyone to leave.

Ghash.IO is just trying to get miners to move to their pool.

Heck, it's a great attempt with pushing a site. Nothing like nuanced promotion huh? (I'll be honest it gave me a chuckle.)

It would be nice though if pool operators provided responsible requests for people to mine on another reputable pool (but then you get into the whole thing about possible collusion and so forth).
OhMyCoin

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

Long live Bitcoin.

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 02:58:45 AM

Coinotron are asking miners to leave to fix the 51% threat. Ghash had a similar situation a few months ago as well. Saw this on Reddit:
"Due to the Litecoin hashrate increase on the Coinotron mining pool, the cryptocurrency silver is now under the 51% threat.
Ghash.IO mining pool welcomes all the Litecoin miners to join our pool with the 0% pool fee and enjoy unique advantage of shared credentials with CEX.IO Bitcoin Crypto Exchange.

We encourage media resources and Litecoin adherents to help us in spreading the following message and save Litecoin together.”

link?

Yes they may be of course they want more business, but all should be concerned about 51% situation on LTC.

Plus you are wrong in saying they are not asking miners to leave. Coinotron ARE asking miners to leave (just not doing a good job of it) read the Coinotron comments here on bitcointalk https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=49182.msg6843591#msg6843591

To quote Coinotron "I'm doing my best, trying to convince big LTC miners to diverse their hashrate"
btc-mike

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 03:20:06 AM

link?

Yes they may be of course they want more business, but all should be concerned about 51% situation on LTC.

Plus you are wrong in saying they are not asking miners to leave. Coinotron ARE asking miners to leave (just not doing a good job of it) read the Coinotron comments here on bitcointalk https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=49182.msg6843591#msg6843591

To quote Coinotron "I'm doing my best, trying to convince big LTC miners to diverse their hashrate"

Oh, did you receive an email from them? They have everyone's email address.

There are no messages on the front page.
dphillippi

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 01:38:16 PM

Here’s a new LTC pool to use:
http://ltc.cryptoculture.net/index.php?page=register
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: