Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 06:01:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Media Company  (Read 418 times)
bitswanitz@gmail.com (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 03:48:07 AM

This will be my first post on bitcointalk but I have been a member sense the April bubble in 2013. I am a minor shareholder of both CRYPTX mines and have enjoyed my time learning everything I can about bitcoin. Now I am looking to become more engaged with the community and hopefully build some worthwhile projects.

I would like to start a bitcoin media company with the goal of entertaining and educating the bitcoin community in a fun and comical manor. Content will be created by the bitcoin community and decided upon by our shareholders. Our goal is to be a high quality media outlet and help shape the public debate around bitcoin. I would like to start with a monthly bitcoin entertainment magazine for satire, comics and human interest stories. Each months submissions will be selected by the shareholders. The chosen submissions will be compensated based off a reward structure from the votes received by shareholders as well as direct donations from readers.

For example:
Shareholder dividends: 50%
Front page/center 12.5%
2nd to 4th top stories 5%
ext.

The timeline on this project could see the first publication within a month of the IPO.
Week 1- IPO, preorders, marketing, website launch
Week 3- Shareholders vote
Week 4- Print first editions

Please let me know if you think this is good or bad but please include why.
If this idea has been purposed already I apologize for missing it and please direct me to it.
If this idea is in fact somewhat original and you are interested in helping with this project you can PM me or email me at bitswanitz@gmail.com
Thank-you for reading!
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 07:02:20 AM

This will be my first post on bitcointalk but I have been a member sense the April bubble in 2013. I am a minor shareholder of both CRYPTX mines and have enjoyed my time learning everything I can about bitcoin. Now I am looking to become more engaged with the community and hopefully build some worthwhile projects.

I would like to start a bitcoin media company with the goal of entertaining and educating the bitcoin community in a fun and comical manor. Content will be created by the bitcoin community and decided upon by our shareholders. Our goal is to be a high quality media outlet and help shape the public debate around bitcoin. I would like to start with a monthly bitcoin entertainment magazine for satire, comics and human interest stories. Each months submissions will be selected by the shareholders. The chosen submissions will be compensated based off a reward structure from the votes received by shareholders as well as direct donations from readers.

For example:
Shareholder dividends: 50%
Front page/center 12.5%
2nd to 4th top stories 5%
ext.

The timeline on this project could see the first publication within a month of the IPO.
Week 1- IPO, preorders, marketing, website launch
Week 3- Shareholders vote
Week 4- Print first editions

Please let me know if you think this is good or bad but please include why.
If this idea has been purposed already I apologize for missing it and please direct me to it.
If this idea is in fact somewhat original and you are interested in helping with this project you can PM me or email me at bitswanitz@gmail.com
Thank-you for reading!

I think if it's done correctly, it could be great. I only know of one other similar project, which was the Bitcoin Magazine. If you ran something for altcoins, it could work out.

I'd also like to offer my services to the project as an editor, ensuring everything that is being publicly displayed is professional and error-free.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: