Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:35:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ban SolidCoin  (Read 8194 times)
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 11:27:22 PM

So your position on this is "DMCA's dont affect me because im not under US law"
How about Megaupload?
Whos side are we on again?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Costia

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 11:32:15 PM

It's not just the copyright law itself.
He got the code for free.
People spent a lot of time and effort writing it, and all they asked in return is to copy paste 10-20 lines.
How hard can it be? Even now, instead of arguing about it he could just add that to his license and be done with it.
Not doing that is just being an ungrateful asshole.
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2012, 11:36:21 PM

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
CoinHunter

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 12:17:55 AM

It's just funny how ironic the whole situation is with some of these people supporting draconian laws to try to censor a free project they don't like. Isn't the Bitcoin ethos against this? Or am I in the wrong place?

"Dude you didn't put a text file exactly the way I like!!! OMFG I'm going to DMCA you!! Yeah that will teach you!!"

Bitcoin can have supporters like this, we only want people against these types of institutions working with and investing in SolidCoin at the moment.

Try SolidCoin or talk with other SolidCoin supporters here SolidCoin Forums
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2012, 12:20:30 AM

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 12:38:18 AM

It's just funny how ironic the whole situation is with some of these people supporting draconian laws to try to censor a free project they don't like. Isn't the Bitcoin ethos against this? Or am I in the wrong place?

"Dude you didn't put a text file exactly the way I like!!! OMFG I'm going to DMCA you!! Yeah that will teach you!!"

Bitcoin can have supporters like this, we only want people against these types of institutions working with and investing in SolidCoin at the moment.

Just do the whole wide world a favor and shut the fuck up. You and your short bus full of simple minded ponzi-schemers continue to amaze and amuse with how dogged your pursuit of stupidity is. You were cuaght out in your lies and illegal acts, AGAIN, and no amount of brain dead hot air is going to change that.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 12:39:05 AM

That is the price you have to pay (in this specific instance) to use other peoples code. If you don't want to pay their price, don't use their code. They are not making you pay money, or give them royalties or ownership. They are just asking you not to take credit for their work.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2012, 01:19:32 AM

Any publicity is good publicity. No matter how you skin this cat if you use the men with guns to try to take someone actual property irl because of something that is insubstantial and doesnt actually affect the original item its obscene.

If they ban it someone will just sell sc on Silk Road.

SolidCoin-because its like crack.

CoinHunter

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 08:16:36 AM

I've released v2.041 which fixes a crash bug in the Linux daemon, also updated the license.txt so that the criticisms shown from some supporters here can disappear.

http://solidcointalk.org/topic/532-solidcoin-v2041-released/

Thanks again for your support.

Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 08:30:45 AM

Dude, You have your own ENTIRE FORUMS, go post that the new client is out ver there, Not in multiple threads within Alt Cur. on the bitcoinforums

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
CoinHunter

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 09:11:28 AM

Dude, You have your own ENTIRE FORUMS, go post that the new client is out ver there, Not in multiple threads within Alt Cur. on the bitcoinforums

You do know SolidCoin is the second biggest cryptochain, the biggest "alt chain" . It certainly deserves mention on this segment of the forum given that.

CoinHunter

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 09:22:35 AM

How did you measure that because I would have guessed namecoin or LTC. I'm pretty sure name coin and LTC are "bigger" than ShitCoin but please tell me how I am wrong.

It's hard to take you serious when you are so intentionally offensive.

SolidCoin is the biggest "alt chain" or second biggest cryptochain (currently behind Bitcoin) because of the following :-

1) Number of nodes
2) Market cap.  2.8 million coins in circulation at $0.05 USD  ($140000)

I'm not sure what metrics you would use but if you want to compare some other chains in market cap

NMC: 2017300 coins * $0.028 = $56585
LTC: 3702750 coins * $0.0064 = $23697

So we are nearly 3 times bigger than namecoin and 6 times bigger than LiteCoin.

CoinHunter

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 09:37:12 AM

You do realize the price only went up because you changed it so you only have something like 5 coins in a block now and you are buying these coins?

number of nodes lol!

Also I thought you would have used biggest as most adapted, or most used, or most mined. namecoin and litecoin have you there. How much of your own money have you pumped into this to keep up the price? I guess it is not hard to do now that there is no volume due to no one mining it but you. No one can sell into your rise as you cut off the supply. (Give me great idea for TyGrr coin, lol)

And yeah, there is no need for you to take me seriously, and I wont be stopping the lulz.

Hah, if you think you're so smart and this is what is happening you could have so easily made so much money! How unfortunate for you. Smiley

Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 11:54:06 AM

Oh ScamCoin

illpoet

Activity: 341

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 11:58:52 AM

what does DMCA mean?

Tym's Get Rich Slow scheme: plse send .00001 to
btc: 1DKRaNUnMQkeby6Dk1d8e6fRczSrTEhd8p ltc: LV4Udu7x9aLs28MoMCzsvVGKJbSmrHESnt
thank you.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 12:22:07 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2012, 01:17:30 PM by DeathAndTaxes

Finally even King RealScam can follow a license agreement.  It only took what 5 months, countless posts, banning people from his forum, a DMCA takedown and 12 releases of the software to be compliant with the easiest license on the planet.

Granted you are still in violation of Oracle license and pirating their software but nobody is perfect right?

Way to prove even a learning disability can't keep you down.

I notice you claim a trademark to SolidCoin.  Come on now you are full of shit.  An international trademark search for term "SolidCoin" returned no results (neither aproved or submitted).  You do know a trademark must be registered.  You can't just claim you have one.  Hell just to be an ass I may file a trademark for the term SolidCoin and to use the SolidCoin logo just to show you how it is done.

On edit: granted there is no such thing as an international trademark registry so my "international" search tool only covers 90 or so countries but unless you filed a tademark in Norther Somolia I am pretty sure it would have shown up.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 01:26:53 PM

Finally even King RealScam can follow a license agreement.  It only took what 5 months, countless posts, banning people from his forum, a DMCA takedown and 12 releases of the software to be compliant with the easiest license on the planet.

Granted you are still in violation of Oracle license and pirating their software but nobody is perfect right?

Way to prove even a learning disability can't keep you down.

I notice you claim a trademark to SolidCoin.  Come on now you are full of shit.  An international trademark search for term "SolidCoin" returned no results (neither aproved or submitted).  You do know a trademark must be registered.  You can't just claim you have one.  Hell just to be an ass I may file a trademark for the term SolidCoin and to use the SolidCoin logo just to show you how it is done.

I would forever be in awe if you did!

I likely won't just because IP trolls (trademarks, copyrights, patents, etc) annoy the ever loving shit out of me.

Still it costs about $500 in the US to file a trademark registration and takes all of an hour to do the paperwork.  If the author isn't interested in spending a token amount to put the brand on solid legal footing well it shows how much ScamCoin is worth.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 01:39:18 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2012, 02:11:02 PM by DeathAndTaxes

10Bitcoin bounty from me if someone gets it before King Scammer

LOLZ. In case someone is considering it, be aware that a first filed registration can be disputed.  It isn't a "auto-win" button.  Still it can be a painfully long process to dispute trademark registrations especially if contested which is why generally it is a good idea for any business to register their marks early and have evidence of "first date in commerce".  In the long run unless someone intends to provide a real product or service w/ the trademark it likely will be eventually overturned.
Syke (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 05:20:53 PM

I've released v2.041 which fixes a crash bug in the Linux daemon, also updated the license.txt so that the criticisms shown from some supporters here can disappear.

http://solidcointalk.org/topic/532-solidcoin-v2041-released/

Thanks again for your support.
Wow, progress. I'm impressed. Next time do you think you can put the valid copyright info in the About Dialog so that most users will be able to see it when they run the GUI? Why do you try so hard to give the original authors as little credit as possible?

Buy & Hold
ThiagoCMC
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 05:22:23 PM

Please, COME ON GUUUUYS!
BAN ALL SOLIDCOIN RELATED TOPICS!! Including CH!
That's enough.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: