Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 07:50:16 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 600$ Crossed.  (Read 7641 times)
Fernandez
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 07:06:47 AM

Imagine Dish introducing a new coin , for buying their subscriptions and on demand movies . They install an asic into their receivers which mines only their coins . More the user watches Dish , more coins they'll mine to pay for on demand movies or to pay their subscriptions .
who knows they may be mining bitcoins silently Cheesy

Its like a virus, but a hardware virus Grin

Holding well above $600.

Waiting for big boost soon it will be above 700.

Don't think it will happen soon. I think $600 might be the new $120 of last rainy season.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

deadley
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1064

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 10:08:15 AM

Imagine Dish introducing a new coin , for buying their subscriptions and on demand movies . They install an asic into their receivers which mines only their coins . More the user watches Dish , more coins they'll mine to pay for on demand movies or to pay their subscriptions .

Holding well above $600.

Don't think it will happen soon. I think $600 might be the new $120 of last rainy season.

Yup 600$ is making base that is good for future price of Bitcoins.

newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1049

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:55:28 PM

Holding well above $600.

Yup 600$ is making base that is good for future price of Bitcoins.

Bitcoin is below 600 again. Right now it is 583 USD.

Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 05:40:11 AM

That is because the US government is auctioning off its Bitcoins. (methinks)

BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 01:46:38 PM

It may also be because of GHash.IO. They were frequent at 49%. Today, they have reached 51%.

deadley
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 01:47:59 PM

It may also be because of GHash.IO. They were frequent at 49%. Today, they have reached 51%.

Market is very volatile because of this, touched twice 550 and then jumped to 600 again.

BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:31:42 PM

Market is very volatile because of this, touched twice 550 and then jumped to 600 again.

Looks like this jumping will continue for some day till GHash.IO mining power gets reduced.

Equate

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:53:38 PM

I too think so but things will get more interesting as soon as auction starts and how market reacts to that.
rohnearner

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 04:44:49 PM

Seems like we are going down to 500$ mark again , All those news about Auction of seized coins might have created some panic but I found no substance behind it, apart from few transactions from the wallet.
there has been no official word from CEX.IO on hitting 51% hashrate. just a tweet From

Jeffrey Smith @jeff_smith01

I want everyone to know - we are aware of the 51% on @ghash_io We would never harm the community. Our official statement is coming soon.

Equate

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:22:53 PM

This is the week of FUD - US Auction , 51% attack , Chinese FUD as usual and all the speculation about 30000BTC held by US marshals.
deadley
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:26:40 PM

This is the week of FUD - US Auction , 51% attack , Chinese FUD as usual and all the speculation about 30000BTC held by US marshals.

Nothing good happening with Bitcoins, everything against this week.

ravin

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 12:59:40 AM

Seems like we are going down to 500$ mark again , All those news about Auction of seized coins might have created some panic but I found no substance behind it, apart from few transactions from the wallet.
there has been no official word from CEX.IO on hitting 51% hashrate. just a tweet From

Jeffrey Smith @jeff_smith01

I want everyone to know - we are aware of the 51% on @ghash_io We would never harm the community. Our official statement is coming soon.

Coins are listed by US Marshals for the auction. Registration starts today.
http://www.usmarshals.gov/assets/2014/bitcoins/
Fernandez
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 05:51:44 AM

Its not the debate here, but I have a very big concern with the Cartel controlling Bitcoin. Shame how a decentralized movement ended up being owned by a few rich techies.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

rohnearner

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 06:23:05 PM

So This auction is taking place on 27june that is how I read it..! and this will be an online auction , so now looking into bigger picture, lets say if they succeed in selling 29,656.51306529 bitcoins that are on auction what are the chances that those coins will hit the market all at a time, and if they do how much Impact they will have on market..!
According to what I read the bidding will be held for all the 29,656.51306529 bitcoins so all the coins will go to one person or an organization , correct me if I'm wrong.

Bidding more than the market price will be totally absurd so I'm hoping someone will get BTC at good rate , we never know how the bidders brain functions they might buy it over the market price.
Lets see how much they go for.

Equate

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 07:25:00 PM

So This auction is taking place on 27june that is how I read it..! and this will be an online auction , so now looking into bigger picture, lets say if they succeed in selling 29,656.51306529 bitcoins that are on auction what are the chances that those coins will hit the market all at a time, and if they do how much Impact they will have on market..!
According to what I read the bidding will be held for all the 29,656.51306529 bitcoins so all the coins will go to one person or an organization , correct me if I'm wrong.

Bidding more than the market price will be totally absurd so I'm hoping someone will get BTC at good rate , we never know how the bidders brain functions they might buy it over the market price.

Bidding is for US citizens only and buyers have to deposit at least $200,000 to participate in bidding , it just shows the scale at which bidding is going to take place and nobody will buy at prices higher than market price . I am thinking how that will impact  BTC trading when those somewhat cheaper coins enter the market.
rohnearner

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 08:26:45 PM

Bidding is for US citizens only and buyers have to deposit at least $200,000 to participate in bidding , it just shows the scale at which bidding is going to take place and nobody will buy at prices higher than market price . I am thinking how that will impact  BTC trading when those somewhat cheaper coins enter the market.
I don't think someone will get 30k coins at $200k, although I know its just Initial deposit  but even if someone successfully gets 30k btc below $10000000 it will be called good deal according to current market rate.
 Talking about if these coins enters into market , I'm sure whoever owns those coins after bidding will be wise enough to understand that how they can manipulate market in their favor I'm sure they don't want to sell coins on lower price.

ravin

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 09:32:36 AM

I don't think someone will get 30k coins at $200k, although I know its just Initial deposit  but even if someone successfully gets 30k btc below $10000000 it will be called good deal according to current market rate.
 Talking about if these coins enters into market , I'm sure whoever owns those coins after bidding will be wise enough to understand that how they can manipulate market in their favor I'm sure they don't want to sell coins on lower price.

$200k is just to demonstrate the capability and real interest to pay. Usual thing in auctions I guess. 
finalelement

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 08:07:13 PM

I have a few dollas invested in btc stock few days it was 611 nw low Sad
dashingriddler
Legendary

Activity: 1258
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 09:23:04 AM

But you have 1 extra post count now Wink Be happy !

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████▀▀         ▀▀███████▄
    ▄█████▀                  ▀██████
   █████▀      ▄▄▄█████▄▄      ▀█████▄
  █████     ▄██████████████▄     ▀████▄
 █████     ██████▀▀  ▀▀██████▄    ▀████
▐████     █████          █████     █████
█████    ▐████                     ▐████
█████    █████                     ▐████
█████     █████          ▄████▌    █████
 ████▌    ▀█████▄▄    ▄▄█████▀    ▄████▌
 ▀████▄     ▀██████████████▀     ▄████▀
  ▀█████▄     `▀████████▀▀     ▄█████▀
   `██████▄                  ▄██████
     ▀███████▄▄          ▄▄███████▀
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

Fernandez
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 10:07:20 AM

But you have 1 extra post count now Wink Be happy !

Grin

Don't look in such short terms, have a longer term view.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: