Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:38:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 346 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CRYPT] CryptCoin x11 + PoS | P2P Anonymity | 0% Premine | Commander  (Read 512538 times)
timk225

Activity: 955
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 08:12:35 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2014, 08:47:16 PM by timk225

btw nice to see us break 100 pages!!  good sign.

100 pages, mostly of idiots and their FUD, too dumb or too broke to invest so they hate on us.  I LOL at them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tristartek

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 08:15:14 PM

btw nice to see us break 100 pages!!  good sign.

100 pages , most of idiots and their FUD, too dumb or too broke to invest so they hate on us.  I LOL at them.

If theyre fudding theyre scared and intimidated that their coins are losing out.

BTC: 1KTg6RkiHjovXqVfVB1a74NPPXLnoL1HNf
newb4now

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 08:44:51 PM

Any new CRYPT (and former DRK) investors now that DRK has failed with its hard fork attempt for the second time?
ratohe

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 09:09:34 PM

The anonymity features are new. Nobody has really reviewed them. There are almost no documented attacks on them. But most of them do contain implementation bugs or are plainly stupid ideas, sorry. So you can't and shouldn't trust any feature. Because in 99% of cases you won't get any additional privacy. In fact you may even lose some because of poor implementation.

So I think that the development of any anonymity or security feature must be done in transparent and open way. Otherwise you really can't trust any of the solutions.
I couldn't agree more with you on this. If you checked my posts, I stated that I'm against using new untested methods for production use. Thank you for this Smiley

How do we know that mindfox is not NSA or FBI employee and that he won't plant backdoor in his solution? But he doesn't have to be NSA or FBI employee to plant backdoor. Most backdoors in security software are not intentional and are simply consequences of incompetence and/or stupidity (sorry for expression) of software engineers or are consequences of new types of attacks (for example, timing attacks in cryptography).
Again we are in the same pace here. Smiley

The only way that you can have any anonymity feature that you can (sort of) trust is to have the whole process completely transparent from the beginning. This includes the "whitepaper" phase where the whitepaper should be reviewed at least by technically inclined members community (ideally they would be reviewed by costly professionals/experts).

Believe me, this is how I usually go. Many users know that I do not hide info and I'm very talkative in general. Please look at this from my side: Have you seen anyone in here that has the technical skills and is willing to offer any productive criticism? Or one that isn't posting only to serve his own purpose?

I don't understand how the CryptCoin community couldn't find such obvious holes in whitepaper and it had to be reminded about them by some anonymous fudster on Reddit.
I wonder how someone can audit something that does not exist yet. Allow me to remind that this whitepaper is actually a draft giving a very general idea on how it is going to work.

This will pose additional risk for investors because they can be victims of any random fudster on Reddit at any time. It really doesn't matter if the arguments of this fudster are valid or not. As long as they look reasonable they will have effect on the price. If the arguments hold water even after they are reviewed by more technically inclined members of community, the price will drop much more.

So the CryptCoin community has still the chance to change it's development methodology to a more open and transparent. This will also lower the risk for investors and probably attract some fresh money, including my money.
The task I was assigned is not to attract more money in the coin but to deliver a certain functionality.
People say that I play with words or semantics. But sometimes the difference between words can be huge.

Just to sum up: I do not answer to anonymous posts because I'm not obligated to. Anyone can come forward and discuss with me with his real username just I am using my real username.
Or do you think that I couldn't change my username since it looks like it's common practice and appear like I'm an alien intelligence came to spread knowledge to poor humans?
I'm not that type though and I will never be. I'm here and I will do what I'm supposed to do.

Will it have flaws?
I expect it to. That's why we will keep implementing till it meets certain QA requirements.

Did I ever claimed my solution will be resistant to any kind of attack present or future?
Of course not, on the contrary. Just read my previous posts. Anyone who claims that is a fool, the least.

Why did I chose whatever method I chose?
Because they are tested methods that do not deviate from the primary protocol (bitcoin).
I stated many times that I would never trust my coins going to an intermediate node for further processing. That's why there are no nodes that will get any coins from transactions. Plain and simple.
I strongly believe that these methods are very hard to trace. Besides, there are even more ideas as next milestones.

Why don't I announce them?
Because I do not want to be accused of trying to manipulate prices (which is something I do not want to have anything to do with). I will announce next milestones as soon as we have a successful test.

And as a ps:
1) If I say more info about current and future plans, I will be accused of being manipulative (and scammer)
2) If I don't say anything to avoid no1, I'm accused of being "shady" and even non-existant.

There is no way one can avoid rumors, good or bad. The best thing one can do, is let them say what they have to say. The best response (imho) is by presenting work when it is done, than posting in threads that tend to be manipulative (no matter if it's positive or negative).

Exactly as stated.  The work will speak for itself when ITS DONE.  Not while its in the early stages of development.  THere is no need to appease every whacko that is not even an investor.  This is why nothing gets done in corporate atmosphere.  Everyone always wants a update on how your fart sounded after every bite of food youve eaten.  Let the work be done and then critique.  Until the STFU to all the fudders.

+1  mindfox and you made my day Cheesy

DotCoin  1419cv5bjEBdDseiky89FfNhztMSCD3spm
thenukemforall

Activity: 273
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 09:15:54 PM

As an early investor i'm glad to have a dev that is not only very experienced but  has a very mature way to post here, despite the trolls and FUD.
better read his post than stupid kiddie troll posts.

Keep up the good work Mindfox.
Wasda

Activity: 504

Smile if you're not wearing any underwear

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 09:49:23 PM

As an early investor i'm glad to have a dev that is not only very experienced but  has a very mature way to post here, despite the trolls and FUD.
better read his post than stupid kiddie troll posts.

Keep up the good work Mindfox.

+1 I've enjoyed reading every single post of mindfox and I'm sure many people do also

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
██░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░██░░░
██░░░░█░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
██████░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░██████
██░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░██
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░█░░░░██
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
McSaucy

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 10:25:45 PM

Can anyone explain why CryptCoin has disappeared from coinmarketcap.com?
WheresMyWallet

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 10:33:50 PM

http://coinmarketcap.com/crypt_7.html

API is broken, not pulling data from exchanges
cryptowest

Activity: 437
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 10:36:00 PM

I heard theyre fixing it.

Maybe LTC got jealous   Cheesy

plambe

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 10:46:24 PM

I've created a public p2pool node for cryptcoin. It's located in Southeastern Europe - Sofia, Bulgaria. The fee is 0.7%. I reserve the right to change it, though I don't plan to do so any time soon.

To connect your miners:
sgminer -k darkcoin -o stratum+tcp://crypt.kopame.com:8171 -u YourWalletAddress -p Anything
McSaucy

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 10:49:13 PM

http://coinmarketcap.com/crypt_7.html

API is broken, not pulling data from exchanges

I thought so... Thanks
pbremen01

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 10:54:38 PM

I couldn't agree more with you on this. If you checked my posts, I stated that I'm against using new untested methods for production use. Thank you for this Smiley

The task I was assigned is not to attract more money in the coin but to deliver a certain functionality.
People say that I play with words or semantics. But sometimes the difference between words can be huge.

Just to sum up: I do not answer to anonymous posts because I'm not obligated to. Anyone can come forward and discuss with me with his real username just I am using my real username.
Or do you think that I couldn't change my username since it looks like it's common practice and appear like I'm an alien intelligence came to spread knowledge to poor humans?
I'm not that type though and I will never be. I'm here and I will do what I'm supposed to do.

Will it have flaws?
I expect it to. That's why we will keep implementing till it meets certain QA requirements.

Did I ever claimed my solution will be resistant to any kind of attack present or future?
Of course not, on the contrary. Just read my previous posts. Anyone who claims that is a fool, the least.

Why did I chose whatever method I chose?
Because they are tested methods that do not deviate from the primary protocol (bitcoin).
I stated many times that I would never trust my coins going to an intermediate node for further processing. That's why there are no nodes that will get any coins from transactions. Plain and simple.
I strongly believe that these methods are very hard to trace. Besides, there are even more ideas as next milestones.

Why don't I announce them?
Because I do not want to be accused of trying to manipulate prices (which is something I do not want to have anything to do with). I will announce next milestones as soon as we have a successful test.

And as a ps:
1) If I say more info about current and future plans, I will be accused of being manipulative (and scammer)
2) If I don't say anything to avoid no1, I'm accused of being "shady" and even non-existant.

There is no way one can avoid rumors, good or bad. The best thing one can do, is let them say what they have to say. The best response (imho) is by presenting work when it is done, than posting in threads that tend to be manipulative (no matter if it's positive or negative).

MindFox, thank you for your elaborate answer. I didn't quote everything because it is too long, but I'm responding to your whole answer.

So first thing that it must be made transparent is about your role in the CryptCoin development. I think that many investors (including me) got it wrong.

So you were just hired to program certain functionality? Who hired you? Recent pumpers (koolio, moosanyc etc.)? MoosaNYC has already admitted paying 20 BTC to you. But she paid for creating the coin not for "certain functionality" (maybe I misunderstood).

So who is the "spiritual father" of this coin? You seem to be just "freelancing developer star" that was hired for some programming by some unknown entity.

You seem to have no responsibilities regarding marketing and PR (this has direct consequence on the price). Who is then responsible for this "marketing and PR" in CryptCoin community? Koolio?

I understand your reasons why you can't talk too much about upcoming features. But shouldn't this "marketing and PR team" at least post something that would explain to investors what kind of anonymity is expected that this coin will deliver? Will it be CoinJoin like? Will it be Zerocash like? Will it be something else?

If it will be something else, then can you at least quote any relevant published article (peer-reviewed or not, it is not important in this phase) or main ideas (zero-knowledge proofs for example) so that technically inclined investors can at least peek at which direction CryptCoin is going? Currently it seems that everything was just wild speculation and hype (or maybe still is, currently it seems that FUD is winning).

zkaraca

Activity: 84

BTC

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 11:02:05 PM

I am hoping that one day CRYPT will compete with DRK and maybe even surpass it. Have a lot of faith in this one.
pbremen01

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 11:12:11 PM

I am hoping that one day CRYPT will compete with DRK and maybe even surpass it. Have a lot of faith in this one.

Dare to post any reasons for "having a lot of faith"?
Wolodarsky

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 11:41:59 PM

Dare to post any reasons for "having a lot of faith"?

Basically we have established that Cryptcoin has both known, respected developers and a plan for the future.  You can take issue with the lack of clarity and transparency, and that is your right, but it is also the devs' right to proceed how they see fit.  Even if the plan isn't crystal clear, the sheer fact that one exists, and that the coin has competent devs at all, puts Cryptcoin ahead of 97% of the altcoins out there. Personally I think it's legit and has a lot of real promise, but that's a separate matter.

Although I appreciate the civil tone of the ongoing exchange with Mindfox, I'm not sure I understand why, pbremen01, you still care enough to keep it going.  If you don't like where the coin is going, by all means invest elsewhere.  I just don't understand how one can be so "proactively skeptical" as to keep posting about one's skepticism.  It has the effect of making your posts appear as FUD, even though some of the points are reasonable.

Good luck to all, and thanks, devs, for getting us this far.

RavenXBR

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 12:09:19 AM

Which pools have the higher hashrate?

Wink
pbremen01

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 12:33:51 AM

Although I appreciate the civil tone of the ongoing exchange with Mindfox, I'm not sure I understand why, pbremen01, you still care enough to keep it going.  If you don't like where the coin is going, by all means invest elsewhere.  I just don't understand how one can be so "proactively skeptical" as to keep posting about one's skepticism.  It has the effect of making your posts appear as FUD, even though some of the points are reasonable.

Sorry, but there are no other serious options to invest when you're limiting yourself to anon coins. DarkCoin is a CoinJoin implementation which - in my personal opinion - won't provide any reasonable level of anonymity. CloakCoin is doing mixing through exchanges and this is very stupid idea. Monera has its own problems.

The only promising coin was (is?) CryptCoin which is supposed to have some completely new anonymous features. I'm trying to at least figure out what these anonymous features will be and evaluate if they have even remote chance of providing some kind anonymity.
Wasda

Activity: 504

Smile if you're not wearing any underwear

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 12:39:06 AM

I'm curious as to why he didn't mention XC ? Huh Roll Eyes Grin

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
██░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░██░░░
██░░░░█░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░
██████░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░██████
██░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░██
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░█░░░░██
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
ccryptcoin (OP)

Activity: 92

CRYPT Developer

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 12:51:41 AM

New Update!! 6/20/2014

Rumors have been circulating that we may be being added to BTC-E soon. They are true.

Our talks with BTC-E went extremely well, they have tested the wallet on their servers and tested integration with their engine.

A hiccup is that they require a 3 digit code, they confirmed with us that we will be ok with CPT.

We are awaiting their response, they have been dealing with a large scale DDOS attack (see twitter) so there has been a small delay.

We are now awaiting their response, they said they will speak with us today.

We're very excited by the possibilty that we may be able to trade our favorite coin on our favorite exchange.

Our anon features are well underway - we are being secretive because the simplicity of the idea is beautiful and we don't want it stolen yet. It will likely be open source after release.

Lead Dev of CRYPT -- http://www.cryptco.org/ -- @CryptCoinTeam
smille

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 12:54:38 AM

New Update!! 6/20/2014

Rumors have been circulating that we may be being added to BTC-E soon. They are true.

Our talks with BTC-E went extremely well, they have tested the wallet on their servers and tested integration with their engine.

A hiccup is that they require a 3 digit code, they confirmed with us that we will be ok with CPT.

We are awaiting their response, they have been dealing with a large scale DDOS attack (see twitter) so there has been a small delay.

We are now awaiting their response, they said they will speak with us today.

We're very excited by the possibilty that we may be able to trade our favorite coin on our favorite exchange.

Our anon features are well underway - we are being secretive because the simplicity of the idea is beautiful and we don't want it stolen yet. It will likely be open source after release.

Holy crap...moving some spare BTC there just in case...
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 346 »
  Print  

Jump to: