Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:24:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 ... 346 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CRYPT] CryptCoin x11 + PoS | P2P Anonymity | 0% Premine | Commander  (Read 512538 times)
zkaraca

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

BTC

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 08:58:00 AM

this is my take on crypt, at first i believed the FUD, but have you noticed that any coin that has potential to out do DRK, has been a victim of some bad fud. also, if btc-e wasn't in talks wouldn't they have replied by now, saying it is not true.

lastly mindfox working with crypt also provides a major boost that this legit as he can be trusted, everyone know he is a talented developer. whether btc-e is true who knows, but i  think crypt has a unique anonymity that may out do DRK.

getting on bTC-E would be awesome as people can buy directly using dollars opening in up to a huge market. this will also allow merchants to accept it easily as they can exchange it for USD directly. FUD is clearing, we are heading for 200k plus soon

+1

And mindfox, keep up the good work. Thanks for your efforts. I for one trust your honesty even if you would probably reply with "don't trust anyone" Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mindfox

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Donate to put a smile on my face :)

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 09:02:32 AM

Where is git repository of this CryptCoin Commander?

Or is it also secret feature such as anonymity?

The real question here is?
Don't you think that the one who created it has the prerogative to post the links when he feels suitable and not be dictated by other people?

Also, could you please use your normal account? Using a new account that gives you the safety of posting whatever you want, without hurting (or crediting) your real account is not "fair play", is it?
I am using my main account, why don't you? From what you say, you're not new in the field and most certainly you're not new in bitcointalk.

Also, I have already stated that I will not answer to anyone that remains anonymous (nor any "analysis" made on what "I think it will work like this" scenarios).

Why don't we all use our real accounts? Anyone has the right for his opinion, as long as it is based on facts or even assumptions and it has a signature.
I don't see any signature in any of these posts (or should I say, I see a one or two digits count on posts, most of them being increased by posting in here).

As I said, I do not respond to anonymous/unknown/hidden users. It feels like they are "little voices in my head" and I was told that if I respond to them I would need to be hospitalized for mental illness Smiley
Mexican

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:07:11 AM

you know Razor's anon is on the TOR network... anon IP is the future. Devs here wasting there time with anything else.

IP anonymity can be easily achieved with bitcoin wallets. Why is this feature so special that we need another coin?
With any wallet. Just install tor and point the proxy from network connection of the wallet's options to tor proxy. as easy as that.
Thank you pbremen01 again. I didn't want to say it so people wouldn't think I'm trying to spread bad rumors for other coins.

It's just a matter of preference I think. Or lack of technical knowledge.

you make a valid point, however an analogy that works here is a sandbox. with the method you describe above, your wallet is playing in the same sandbox as every other application that uses the network on your computer. With the RZR wallet, your wallet is playing in its own sandbox with its own Virtual NIC. I haven't tested it, but i would interested to see if the RZR dev's went as far as testing cohabitation of the RZR wallet and the Onion router running in the same machine.
mindfox

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 09:07:33 AM

fact is this sourcecode has seen less than 10 min of developer attention from the idea to the release up until now

All the developers have been doing is concentrating on the code. In fact, Anon is just one of the features mindfox has been working on which is estimated to come out end of june, key word estimate. The other developers have been working on other very interesting features of the coin.

The devs are doing less hype, more work. You will see soon enough.

What I can say from my part is that I'm not coding days and nights. I have a real life job that brings food on the table. I wish I could be a scammer and get enough coins to feed my family, enjoy goods of life, but I can't.
Also I need to eat, sleep, have some quality time with my family.
This is like a 2nd job to me and I am trying to do my best in the time that I have free, while not "burning out" cause my body still obey to physical limits.

I'm sorry if you thought that I am working on this 24hr/day, but I'm not. It takes most of my available time though. Hope that is good enough for you all. If it's not, I'm afraid I can't do otherwise. Family and work (real life work I mean) comes first, then all this. Can't be more honest than that.
mindfox

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 09:10:16 AM

you know Razor's anon is on the TOR network... anon IP is the future. Devs here wasting there time with anything else.

IP anonymity can be easily achieved with bitcoin wallets. Why is this feature so special that we need another coin?
With any wallet. Just install tor and point the proxy from network connection of the wallet's options to tor proxy. as easy as that.
Thank you pbremen01 again. I didn't want to say it so people wouldn't think I'm trying to spread bad rumors for other coins.

you make a valid point, however an analogy that works here is a sandbox. with the method you describe above, your wallet is playing in the same sandbox as every other application that uses the network on your computer. With the RZR wallet, your wallet is playing in its own sandbox with its own Virtual NIC. I haven't tested it, but i would interested to see if the RZR dev's went as far as testing cohabitation of the RZR wallet and the Onion router running in the same machine.
I was asked to create something like this and I denied. Why?
Let me tell you why. What happens when the protocol gets updated? due to security issues? How fast will those wallets will be able to update? And would that be enough?
Also, with the onion project, you at least have control of the connections made and if you have enough system/network knowledge can recognize threats.
How are you going to do it with the i2p inside the app?
There are many cons to this, but this is Crypt thread, not RZR or any other coin's thread. So, let's stay on topic Smiley
mindfox

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 09:14:02 AM

So, the dev team is not even capable of using proper security measures to secure their own accounts. Are you sure that they have enough knowledge about security that they can develop any working "true" anonymity solution?

MindFox hasn't really addressed any of the FUD.

From what I understand (I don't know, I just assume), the only thing that the dev team did, was to trust the wrong person. I'm not sure you can get a degree on that from somewhere and even if you do, everything is so flexible as loyalties change so easy...

Regarding the last comment, either you are selectively blind or you are trying to spread rumors. What have I been posting all these days?
Uran0s

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:16:23 AM

Let me tell you why. What happens when the protocol gets updated? due to security issues? How fast will those wallets will be able to update? And would that be enough?
Also, with the onion project, you at least have control of the connections made and if you have enough system/network knowledge can recognize threats.
There are many cons to this, but this is Crypt thread, not RZR or any other coin's thread. So, let's stay on topic Smiley

+91283921838912

I support you MindFox, many do, keep up the good work.
Mexican

Activity: 53

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:21:23 AM

Ok.
Let me tell you why. What happens when the protocol gets updated?
They pay guys like me to fix it.
due to security issues? How fast will those wallets will be able to update? And would that be enough?
approximately as long as it takes to import the new libs, compile, test, and distribute. were talking in theoreticals here, but you do have a point.
True, but irrelevant to Joe Enduser.
`IteratorIterator` Tongue (you made the same point twice)
No worries your intelligence is noted and response appreciated. i like to do my homework before investing in cryptocurrencies, bringing me to my question, since you suggested we stay on topic. How exactly do you expect me to believe that you actually have any knowledge of programming, when your development team was allegedly defeated by a simple script kiddy who "invaded" your camp. It seems there is alot more to this story than is being broadcasted to the unwashed masses. Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.
zkaraca

Activity: 84

BTC

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:21:57 AM

mindfox rules Cool So mature and so calm with his responses.

You don't even need to respond to these fake accounts like pbremen01. He registered on June 18 and is honestly just trying to warn people for Crypt and he is concerned about us losing money Roll Eyes
hexagram

Activity: 81

nosce te ipsum

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:29:14 AM

What I can say from my part is that I'm not coding days and nights. I have a real life job that brings food on the table. I wish I could be a scammer and get enough coins to feed my family, enjoy goods of life, but I can't.
Also I need to eat, sleep, have some quality time with my family.
This is like a 2nd job to me and I am trying to do my best in the time that I have free, while not "burning out" cause my body still obey to physical limits.

I'm sorry if you thought that I am working on this 24hr/day, but I'm not. It takes most of my available time though. Hope that is good enough for you all. If it's not, I'm afraid I can't do otherwise. Family and work (real life work I mean) comes first, then all this. Can't be more honest than that.

fresh off the boat here but i commend that mindfox. please take care of yourself and your family first. we who are patient enough will see our patience pay off one way or another. cheers from sunny bali! :-)
Rnbin

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:36:39 AM

mindfox rules Cool So mature and so calm with his responses.

I just found out his existance yet he gained my biggest respect of all the people who are on this forum. Nice to see some mature responses that actually make sense and are helpful from at least 1 guy here.
extortion

Activity: 141

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:38:48 AM

mindfox, did you suddenly die behind the keyboard?

Extortion. We are Anonymous. We are legion. We do not forgive. We Do Not Forget. Expect Us.
drjay

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:49:44 AM

No worries your intelligence is noted and response appreciated. i like to do my homework before investing in cryptocurrencies, bringing me to my question, since you suggested we stay on topic. How exactly do you expect me to believe that you actually have any knowledge of programming, when your development team was allegedly defeated by a simple script kiddy who "invaded" your camp. It seems there is alot more to this story than is being broadcasted to the unwashed masses. Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.

This is a silly question. Mindfox has made it clear he is working on his part (in his spare time) and wasn't involved in the wider shenanigans involving Attious, which is more an issue of managing team members than anything to do with programming anyway. I'm sure Mindfox is off doing something better now than answering stupid questions like this.
extortion

Activity: 141

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 10:11:35 AM

This is a silly question. Mindfox has made it clear he is working on his part (in his spare time) and wasn't involved in the wider shenanigans involving Attious, which is more an issue of managing team members than anything to do with programming anyway. I'm sure Mindfox is off doing something better now than answering stupid questions like this.

If they knew he was a liability before hand why was he ever involved to begin with.

Extortion. We are Anonymous. We are legion. We do not forgive. We Do Not Forget. Expect Us.
mindfox

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 10:12:40 AM

Ok.
Let me tell you why. What happens when the protocol gets updated?
They pay guys like me to fix it.
due to security issues? How fast will those wallets will be able to update? And would that be enough?
approximately as long as it takes to import the new libs, compile, test, and distribute. were talking in theoreticals here, but you do have a point.
True, but irrelevant to Joe Enduser.
`IteratorIterator` Tongue (you made the same point twice)

So, suddenly security is not an issue? Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't onion project coded in Java? and all the other libs are made following behind? Maybe I'm wrong, just a legit question.
Also, it's good that there are people who knows that stuff better than me. I won't continue the argument in here, but feel free to stop by the irc and discuss with me this implementation, as I really want to respond to you, but it would be off topic in here. Smiley
Regarding the "script kiddy" I do not understand what you mean. From what I can tell he had the credentials to access those accounts. I don't get your point...
mindfox

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 10:17:17 AM

If you can write C++ you can manage to control a dev team. If they knew he was a liability before hand why was he ever involved to begin with. Your 3rd grade logic is defeated again.
I completely disagree with you. A coder is not a manager. Managing people requires completely different skills. Unless of course one thinks that he knows it all, which in that case will think he can be anything, from "Bob the builder" up to "President of the USA".

Following your thinking (I feel sorry to say this, but I admit it, you lead me to it):
If you can write C++, can't you manage your trust points?

I'm sure you will have a lot of responses to that and I have no reason not to believe them. Which only gives more validity to my point: a developer is just a developer. He's not a manager.
Managers are not only those who manage sales or marketing departments. Managers are also those who manage Technical departments, R&D departments and have the technical skill to QA them. So, it's not the same, is it?
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 10:37:48 AM

Viva MindFox  Cool
drjay

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 11:12:32 AM
Last edit: June 23, 2014, 11:39:26 AM by drjay

A coder is not a manager. Managing people requires completely different skills.

Absolutely. Often good developers make lousy project managers and vice versa.

But I have to hand it to Moosa and co. - they are keeping the course. They aren't going to dump this project for another coin (their reputations are on the line after all, so what would they gain from jumping ship and starting again?). I see no evidence that they have been trying to scam anyone. Attious went renegade, screwed over the investors to pocket money and made the dev team look bad at the worst possible time. He knew what he was doing to maximise the damage. Obviously kicking him off the team was the right call in retrospect.

The only thing I will say is that, apart from keeping tighter security over team members, the team also needs to be more diligent about informing the investors about what is going on, particularly during 'crises' that emerge from time to time. Communication with stakeholders and crisis management are important management skills.
pbremen01

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 11:24:20 AM

So, the dev team is not even capable of using proper security measures to secure their own accounts. Are you sure that they have enough knowledge about security that they can develop any working "true" anonymity solution?

MindFox hasn't really addressed any of the FUD.

From what I understand (I don't know, I just assume), the only thing that the dev team did, was to trust the wrong person. I'm not sure you can get a degree on that from somewhere and even if you do, everything is so flexible as loyalties change so easy...

I was also talking about this 'security analysis' FUD reddit post. Nobody with technical knowledge provided any explanation why the claims in this reddit fud might not be true. It seems that Crypt community lacks members that have such knowledge and so you're probably the only one (besides maybe other devs) who could respond in technical way. This would cause much less panic selling and price wouldn't tank as much.

Honestly, I don't think that you had anything with this rogue dev and nobody can blame you for the actions of this dev. However, the dev team can be blamed for not taking appropriate security measures when this rogue dev thing happened.

CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 11:30:11 AM

I watched the NetHash go from 260G down to 45G, so miners are pulling out, I am sure much of it is due to profitability but mostly because of instability. That is all there is to it right now, all things considered, just unstable. Setting of the blocks payout is a red flag alone, to give away 500 blocks at the lowest diff to start off your coin. So many coins out there for so little time and effort, mined by those who were lucky enough to know about it (Devs). The first block was found on SuchPool.pw with 5 miners listed at 3 diff. Zero Premine 100% Insta-mine.

I also just realized I don't really care about ANON functionality anymore since I don't really care who knows how much worthless unusable coin I have in my wallet. Be it Cloak-n-Dagger, DorkCoin, or any other Alt Anon.

Just think about how much these alt coins are devaluing BitCoin by extracting their worth by trading from BTC. Great profits for Exchanges though, pretty much like laundering Alt Coins into BitCoin.

Since Early,
CryptoNick

So right off the bat every coin has 5000 miners to mine the first few blocks? There will always be the frst 2 or 3 that mine the first blocks. Its called solo mining regardless.  It sucks when ppl post unfounded bs like this. 
Solo Mining? What are you talking about? Soon as the pools start it is 500 coins per block for any pool or solo miner. Look at the Block structure and the diff starts at zero! 500 coins Per block, have you even looked at the Crypt Structure? This means large amounts of coin to small amounts of miners, and at the least amount of Diff, again handed over to miners who knew about the start (DEV's can play dumb or be honest and show their wallets). So if you are a DEV you can get in on this, did you know that DEV's can mine their coin even if they say there was no Pre-Mine?

DEV's Show Us The Money!! What's in Your Wallet?
I don't have a wallet address, what should I reply to you?
Also, please let me tell you something about how one could fool you. Why is it so difficult to create a wallet address on the fly and show to you that it has 0 amount of coins?
I mean, this question has no answer that you can trust. Sorry for stating the obvious, but I believe that before you ask for proof, it's imperative that you know how hard such an evidence can be.
I can't talk on behalf of the others, I don't know what they are doing with their wallets (if they have any) and it's none of my business to ask that.
If you're so interested about it (and I understand your concerns since noone is to be trusted), why don't you use the blockexplorer and find out who is doing what? It's there and I thought that anyone can find all the info required from an investigation of the blockchain, right? Who has which addresses, how many coins they have, everything is there, right?
Or not?

Hey! Thanks for the reply, I am not trying to create problems for the coin. But, Yes, my point was to show the wallet you keep your mined coins in and the total, then we could check transactions to see volume and if you sold off. Kind of the reason behind CryptCoin in the first place.

If you don't have a wallet, I find it hard to believe is all. Maybe you just didn't think about mining it, too busy with the coding? But if you show me a wallet with funds and then hide the funds with Crypt then there is your proof of concept. You would send your funds from your wallet to mine Smiley and I would look to see if my total was visible. Proof of concept! I thought it would also help serve as a PR move to show that the current Dev's didn't sell off. Of course you could show me any wallet for any amount but this would show that yes Dev's hold coin and won't sell off before proof of concept. But hey if you can't or won't do it then I was only giving an opportunity to show integrity.

Since Surly,
CryptoNick
Pages: « 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 ... 346 »
  Print  

Jump to: