Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:17:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 [203] 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 ... 346 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CRYPT] CryptCoin x11 + PoS | P2P Anonymity | 0% Premine | Commander  (Read 512536 times)
pbremen01

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 11:42:59 AM

- MindFox doesn't speak about anonymity anymore, he speaks about "hard to trace system",

Ok. If you aren't actually here to spread FUD, please list the reasons why they may come through with a working anon wallet in the coming days? You've listed all of the reasons why not. Now, prove you're not here simply to FUD and list the reasons why they may come through.

lol, don't talk with him, pbremen01 think that is possible to be 100% anonymous  Cheesy Cheesy

This guy don't know anything about the programming and security, just don't talk with him Wink

ps: Hard to trace system = anonymous, but not at 100%, because it's totally impossible to be 100% anonymous at the moment (except if you can break some laws of our actual science/physic knowledge, good luck) (and even if you can break all our laws... omg i don't know how you can be perfect... it seem impossible)

Anonymity depends on how you define it and what kind of possible anonymity attacks do you assume. If you also include - for example - waterboarding in the arsenal of your possible attacks, then not many methods are anonymous. But some might still be kind of resistant to this kind of attack - for example, some methods may offer so called "plausible deniability".

But there may be some methods that get very close to "true anonymity" with some reasonable definition of "anonymity". For example, those methods that use zero knowledge proofs may get very close to this (I haven't actually looked yet at any such coin, but zero knowledge proofs seem to be the appropriate mathematical machinery for this kind of job).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
magaura
Legendary

Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 11:45:48 AM

“In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”
Martin Luther King Jr.

Slipknot79
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 11:49:55 AM

This coin literally, I say LITERALLY, fudded itself to death from the inside.

It's the most entertaining coin by far.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

This coin needs a miracle  Tongue

k here

Every drop of rain that falls
in Sahara Desert says it all
It's a miracle
All God's creations great and small
The Golden Gate and the Taj Mahal
That's a miracle
Test tube babies being born
Mothers, fathers dead and gone
It's a miracle

We're having a miracle on earth
Mother nature does it all for us
The wonders of this world go on
The hanging Gardens of Babylon
Captain Cook and Cain and Able
Jimi Hendrix to the Tower of Babel
It's a miracle
it's a miracle
it's a miracle
It's a miracle

The one thing we're all waiting for
is peace on earth, an end to war
It's a miracle we need, the miracle
The miracle we're all waiting for today

If every leaf on every tree
could tell a story that would be a miracle
If every child on every street
had clothes to wear and food to eat
That's a miracle
If all God's people could be free
to live in perfect harmony
It's a miracle

We're having a miracle on earth
Mother nature does it all for us
Open hearts and surgery
(wonders of this world go on)
Sunday mornings with a cup of tea
Super powers always fighting
But Mona Lisa just keeps on smiling
It's a miracle
it's a miracle
it's a miracle

(wonders of this world go on)
It's a miracle
it's a miracle
it's a miracle
It's a miracle

The one thing (the one thing)
we're all waiting for (we're all waiting for)
Is peace on earth (peace on earth)
and an end to war (an end to war)
It's a miracle we need, the miracle
The miracle
Peace on earth and end to war today

That time will come one day you'll see
when we can all be friends
when we can all be friends...

knightlife999

Activity: 845

Whale Watchers and Pinnacle Brilliance founder

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 11:56:11 AM

Just sold everything (at a loss) Same thing happened with Feathercoin
Why sell at a loss before the release? This is just stupid Smiley Not sure where you bought, but this will definitely break 250k again.
sir, When will be the release version?
and what is it mean - "fud"?

The release is supposed to be within the next few days to a week. Mindfox said the end of June. He also said that he doesn't rush things and prefers to make certain the product is ready. The devs have come through with the wallet commander gui, and we have no reason to think they won't come through with the anonymous features. As always, it requires a little patience on our part.  Smiley

There are several reason to think that they won't come through with actually working anonymous features in the following days:
- no published plan or at least published idea how the anonymity might work,
- the latest whitepaper proposes some method for anonymity but this method won't work,
- MindFox doesn't speak about anonymity anymore, he speaks about "hard to trace system",
- secret development,
- dev team has failed to provide any answers that would satisfy technically inclined readers,
- developers were paid for the development of this coin by the pumpers/whales; after all these fiascos (including "security analysis" fiasco, "rogue dev" fiasco etc.) it is not clear whether they will continue paying for the development or not; it is probably much easier for them to start a new coin and new pump & dump cycle,
- the devs/coin promoters missed "deadlines" in the past.
- the release might be even delayed (if the anonymous solution is not yet perfect) because of the fear of this FUD group: http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/28hqu3/warning_to_all_anonymous_coins_promoters_and/

Ok. If you aren't actually here to spread FUD, please list the reasons why they may come through with a working anon wallet in the coming days? You've listed all of the reasons why not. Now, prove you're not here simply to FUD and list the reasons why they may come through.

I see several reasons:
- whales/pumpers need some good news to pump this coin; this news has to be very very good - for example, this commander beta news was indeed good news but it didn't have much effect (low volume short lived pump),
- moosa, koolio and other pumpers were heavily attacked and so they're forced to do something to "save their faces" and also do something to convince their followers that it is worth following them when they pump the next crapcoin,
- MindFox might do it for the similar reasons,
- MindFox might do it because he hasn't received any money yet and he might receive money only after the anonymity feature is finished,
- MindFox might do it because he thinks that this would look good on his CV,
- someone actually believes in anonymity and that this coin will bring something useful (very unlikely in my opinion).

But these reasons are more "long-term" and they may not be enough for any short-term news.

The only reason for releasing something in the following days is that they've already missed several deadlines and that they don't want to miss another.

Thanks for that. Nice to see you writing something positive, however biased your tone. You sound heavily biased against what this coin could become. That's too bad. I know you claim to be unbiased and trying to help, but the tone of your assessment says something else. I'm always reading/listening for the tone. I used to be a cop and my experience has taught me that the tone can reveal hidden bias and motives. Yours is clear. Are you part of GroupFM?

All of your "positive" reasons have negative bias. Maybe Mindfox will release it because he said he would and he is committed to completing the project. Maybe the dev team will release the wallet because the want to get their product into the hands of the public. Your answers suggest that even if they do release it, and the wallet works, there was some kind of nefarious agenda on their part and it all worked out by simple luck. I don't know why you waste so much time here.

Pinnacle, the only trading application you will ever need: https://pinnacle-brilliance.com/
Know The Future High/Lows Of Any Market: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762278.msg8592180#msg8592180
Best Exchange for trading Forex, Commodities, and Stocks with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/?r=3299
knightlife999

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 11:57:58 AM

What deadlines have they missed so far? They didn't set any specific dates, so what exactly are you talking about?

Pinnacle, the only trading application you will ever need: https://pinnacle-brilliance.com/
Know The Future High/Lows Of Any Market: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762278.msg8592180#msg8592180
Best Exchange for trading Forex, Commodities, and Stocks with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/?r=3299
techaddict1990

Activity: 18

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:39:58 PM

I have to believe in this team. I bought .3 btc worth which is now worth 0.09btc. If this doesnt happen my investment fun is dead until the end of August when the plant I work at gets shipments of early harvest potatoes. If this works out this investment will pay my rent until work starts again, if not.... well ill have to figure out somthing to do. I was stupid and made a ubernoob mistake of investing 100% in a coin/idea/team that I believe in with the hopes of it paying off. Mega risk with the hopes of mega reward.
knightlife999

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:59:49 PM

I have to believe in this team. I bought .3 btc worth which is now worth 0.09btc. If this doesnt happen my investment fun is dead until the end of August when the plant I work at gets shipments of early harvest potatoes. If this works out this investment will pay my rent until work starts again, if not.... well ill have to figure out somthing to do. I was stupid and made a ubernoob mistake of investing 100% in a coin/idea/team that I believe in with the hopes of it paying off. Mega risk with the hopes of mega reward.

I think you'll be happy you did in this instance. I wouldn't suggest it as a regular course of action though. When investing, diversification is very important for success.

pbremen01

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:07:18 PM

Thanks for that. Nice to see you writing something positive, however biased your tone. You sound heavily biased against what this coin could become. That's too bad. I know you claim to be unbiased and trying to help, but the tone of your assessment says something else. I'm always reading/listening for the tone. I used to be a cop and my experience has taught me that the tone can reveal hidden bias and motives. Yours is clear. Are you part of GroupFM?

All of your "positive" reasons have negative bias. Maybe Mindfox will release it because he said he would and he is committed to completing the project. Maybe the dev team will release the wallet because the want to get their product into the hands of the public. Your answers suggest that even if they do release it, and the wallet works, there was some kind of nefarious agenda on their part and it all worked out by simple luck. I don't know why you waste so much time here.

No, I'm not part of this GroupFM. They sound more like an academic group to me.

Yes, my general bias is negative indeed. The reason for this negativity is that I think that pumpers are abusing anonymity for their profit.  It seems that nobody genuinely believes in anonymity. I believe that anonymity - if implemented correctly - might result in some very positive things. Two random examples: funding of political groups that oppose totalitarian regimes, funding of whistle-blowers etc.

"Maybe Mindfox will release it because he said he would and he is committed to completing the project." - I've already included this in my reasons ("MindFox might do it for the similar reasons" - he promised "anonymity solution" and so he must deliver it to "save his face"). Maybe I wasn't clear enough, sorry.

Maybe the pumpers didn't expect this but by promoting "anonymity" they've attracted some completely new kind of people. My guess is that these people are well-educated, maybe they are even experts in their specific fields, they don't fall for marketing claims, they are wealthy and they don't depend on cryptoprofits (are quite indifferent to price) and they may even wholeheartedly support their ideals or political/economic ideas. Pumpers are just not used to deal with this kind of people.

CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:15:00 PM

Hope it pans out for you, try to hedge if you have the gambling spirit! This way you could also play the market again. Buying and Selling.
Megalodon

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

Magic internet moneys ftw

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:48:49 PM

- the release might be even delayed (if the anonymous solution is not yet perfect) because of the fear of this FUD group: http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/28hqu3/warning_to_all_anonymous_coins_promoters_and/

Lmao why the hell would they fear a random post from a stranger on reddit? That post was made the day the account of the poster was created, what credibility do they have? They're an obvious FUD group that can't even provide their own studies or any credibility what so ever.

This is actually one of their replies on their own thread:

-GroupFM
"Sorry, we won't do this.
You really shouldn't trust us and there is no need for anybody to trust us. In fact we don't even want people to trust us."

These people are even worse than the pump and dumpers, if anything pump and dumpers provide opportunity to profit, while FUDDERS kill opportunities.

Twitter TA calls and news: https://twitter.com/Crypt0cracy
My BTC Beer Fund: 12cBoUbbsAAxoAzyyeEw8zV1AXp3nbW7Mu
plambe

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 02:04:34 PM

Maybe the pumpers didn't expect this but by promoting "anonymity" they've attracted some completely new kind of people. My guess is that these people are well-educated, maybe they are even experts in their specific fields, they don't fall for marketing claims, they are wealthy and they don't depend on cryptoprofits (are quite indifferent to price) and they may even wholeheartedly support their ideals or political/economic ideas. Pumpers are just not used to deal with this kind of people.

I think you are right about this kind of people. I won't flatter myself about education, expertise, etc., but I can say I'm into this and a few other coins only because of the supposed future anonymity, i.e. because of what I believe, my ideals. I don't really care if I lose my whole investment in all but one of those coins promising anonymity. If all of them eventually die it would be a pity, but I'll survive. I'm hodling.

EDIT: I care about the price, just not that much.
knightlife999

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 02:12:13 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2014, 02:24:27 PM by knightlife999

Yes, my general bias is negative indeed. The reason for this negativity is that I think that pumpers are abusing anonymity for their profit.  It seems that nobody genuinely believes in anonymity. I believe that anonymity - if implemented correctly - might result in some very positive things. Two random examples: funding of political groups that oppose totalitarian regimes, funding of whistle-blowers etc.

"Maybe Mindfox will release it because he said he would and he is committed to completing the project." - I've already included this in my reasons ("MindFox might do it for the similar reasons" - he promised "anonymity solution" and so he must deliver it to "save his face"). Maybe I wasn't clear enough, sorry.

Yes. That is basically what GroupFM claims. It's interesting that you posted a link to their Reddit post.

Ok, so I will ask you what I asked them: If you are truly just trying to help the community move toward a quality anonymity solution, why aren't you posting on the other anon coin threads? Why not DRK, XC, Monero, Burn, Voot, Cloak, etc, etc?? Why only Crypt? With the exception of one post, all of your posts have been here and you created your account when Crypt was rallying. Very suspicious. The other coins have been pumped. Some multiple times. DRK was pumped significantly more than Crypt. WHY aren't you posting to those threads Mr Bremen? The volume has left Crypt for the moment and is focused on VRC. Why are you here? Why aren't you "asking constructive questions" to the Cloak devs? Or the Burn devs? You are showing a specific bias against this coin. Not the others.

If you care so much about the technical aspects of these coins as a whole and you feel that Crypt will not fit the bill, why aren't you lending your critical thinking skills to the other anon coin threads? Answer, you've got a bone to pick with these devs and this coin. That's why you are here.

pbremen01

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 02:20:09 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2014, 06:45:01 PM by pbremen01

Lmao why the hell would they fear a random post from a stranger on reddit? That post was made the day the account of the poster was created, what credibility do they have? They're an obvious FUD group that can't even provide their own studies or any credibility what so ever.

This is actually one of their replies on their own thread:

-GroupFM
"Sorry, we won't do this.
You really shouldn't trust us and there is no need for anybody to trust us. In fact we don't even want people to trust us."

These people are even worse than the pump and dumpers, if anything pump and dumpers provide opportunity to profit, while FUDDERS kill opportunities.

Well, FUDDERS also kill possible loses. The number of people that actually have profit from pump&dumps scheme is usually much smaller than the number of people that have losses.

Such FUD groups don't need any kind of credibility for their method "to work". Some anonymous reddit accounts have already posted this kind of attacks:

http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptCoin/comments/28e8be/security_analysis_of_cryptcoins_cryptcast_feature/

http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/28jwxr/reason_why_cryptcoin_is_not_anonymous/

They didn't have to reveal their identities to be effective. The first link was removed by moderators after it started affecting the price. Moosa is moderator of CryptCoin subreddit.

The only way to defend against such attacks is the correct response. The response must also satisfy technically inclined readers. Nobody from crypt community provided such response. Saying that this is not final version of the whitepaper is not enough when you have serious problems with your main idea.

AltCoinGuy

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 02:30:40 PM

The attacks on this coin have far exceeded any other coin, it is popular , and when the dev releases the anon feature, all the sellers will CRY !
pbremen01

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 02:47:23 PM

The attacks on this coin have far exceeded any other coin, it is popular , and when the dev releases the anon feature, all the sellers will CRY !

Yes, I agree that this coin was very "over-fudded". But this may also be consequence of the fact that the people became fed up with shady pump&dump groups and this might be some kind of "revolt".

Strugg
Legendary

Activity: 882

NAV Coin [NAV]

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 02:54:19 PM

+1000
I agree. After day of thinking I decided to jump also in Your CRYPT journey guys. We will see how high we will go, but I rly believe in mindfox's skills. IMO it can go high or very high. Cheers! Wink

NAV Coin [NAV] Community & PR Manager
Visit the Thread!
zkaraca

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

BTC

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 03:03:22 PM

Yes, I agree that this coin was very "over-fudded". But this may also be consequence of the fact that the people became fed up with shady pump&dump groups and this might be some kind of "revolt".
No it was not the reason for the huge attacks on CPT. Stop posting suggestive BS. This may...? Are you kidding me? Your intentions have been clear since the day you registered this fake account. The only thing you do is spread FUD here.
Perl++

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 03:04:42 PM

+1000
I agree. After day of thinking I decided to jump also in Your CRYPT journey guys. We will see how high we will go, but I rly believe in mindfox's skills. IMO it can go high or very high. Cheers! Wink

Congrats  & welcome Cool

Cheesy
pbremen01

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 03:08:32 PM

Yes. That is basically what GroupFM claims. It's interesting that you posted a link to their Reddit post.

Ok, so I will ask you what I asked them: If you are truly just trying to help the community move toward a quality anonymity solution, why aren't you posting on the other anon coin threads? Why not DRK, XC, Monero, Burn, Voot, Cloak, etc, etc?? Why only Crypt? With the exception of one post, all of your posts have been here and you created your account when Crypt was rallying. Very suspicious. The other coins have been pumped. Some multiple times. DRK was pumped significantly more than Crypt. WHY aren't you posting to those threads Mr Bremen? The volume has left Crypt for the moment and is focused on VRC. Why are you here? Why aren't you "asking constructive questions" to the Cloak devs? Or the Burn devs? You are showing a specific bias against this coin. Not the others.

If you care so much about the technical aspects of these coins as a whole and you feel that Crypt will not fit the bill, why aren't you lending your critical thinking skills to the other anon coin threads? Answer, you've got a bone to pick with these devs and this coin. That's why you are here.

I doubt that any anonymity solution of any coin (that you mentioned) has any serious potential to become truly anonymous solution. Maybe zero-knowledge-proof based coins can achieve this, I don't know.

For example, any CoinJoin (DarkCoin) implementation will not bring "true anonymity". Some other coins have some really - sorry for expression - stupid ideas (using exchanger as mixers, anyone?).  VeriCoin doesn't provide any kind of anonymity. VeriSend is service built on top of vericoin, but there is no guarantee that the operators don't store logs. They may even run away with your coins. So this is no serious anonymity solution at all and it seems that they are not promoting it very heavily.

CryptCoin was very hyped because of its "true anonymity". So I'm hanging mostly in this thread.

Btw, the DRK community seems to be very aware of the problems with their implementation of CoinJoin and some members are capable of providing quite detailed technical explanations (see answers from AlexGR, he also answered some of my questions).

pbremen01

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 03:10:54 PM

No it was not the reason for the huge attacks on CPT. Stop posting suggestive BS. This may...? Are you kidding me? Your intentions have been clear since the day you registered this fake account. The only thing you do is spread FUD here.

Why do you think that "people becoming fed up with shady P&D groups" can't be possible reason for all this FUD around this coin?
Pages: « 1 ... 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 [203] 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 ... 346 »
  Print  

Jump to: