Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:22:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 [257] 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 ... 346 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CRYPT] CryptCoin x11 + PoS | P2P Anonymity | 0% Premine | Commander  (Read 512538 times)
DeViL303

Activity: 588
Merit: 103

SESAME

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 03:40:40 PM

Like I said previously. It would be total guess work to find the sending and receiving addresses and it would require that the coin have close to 0 transactions at the time the transfer was made.

Ok, fair enough, if it is literally "total guess work" then it IS 100% anon, because LE can not use "total guesswork" to obtain a warrant or lock someone up for tax evasion (just examples) , and nor can anyone else.

If it only works properly when lots of people are using it at the same time then its really no better of a solution than a coin tumbler with random fee and tor imo.

its the same as : how can someone trace my bitcoins when ive deposited some of my bitcoins and withdrawn a different amount of someone elses coins back out of a tumbler? total guesswork?

There is often a weak point in these mixing systems, and that is that somewhere in the world there must be a computer/s doing the mixing, and how can we trust that computer is not being monitored somehow.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wasda

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Smile if you're not wearing any underwear

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 03:53:13 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2014, 04:04:36 PM by Wasda

Regardless of what an individual uses it for it is extremely secure and the only way to track would be guess work.

well either the code is secure or its not, if it is then I should be able to avoid tax and buy drugs with that coin, it cant be "untraceable unless LE get involved" , that isn't an option, if LE can trace it, then some hacker somewhere will be able to do it to. So its either anon or its not anon, there is no "semi anon", it defies the definition of the word, its like saying "semi full" = not really full.    

You can make 100% true anon coin (if you can) but in the end when converting coins to fiat you're not anon after all. you can use localbitcoins to avoid banks,irs,tax .. but what about businesses ?

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
██░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░██░░░
██░░░░█░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
██████░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░██████
██░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░██
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░█░░░░██
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
vidarh

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 03:57:38 PM

There is often a weak point in these mixing systems, and that is that somewhere in the world there must be a computer/s doing the mixing, and how can we trust that computer is not being monitored somehow.

The biggest challenge is *how compromised* you can accept the system to be before enough information leaks. E.g. if it takes leaning on thousands of nodes spread around the world to get sufficient control to compromise anonymity then that's not 100% secure, but it will be secure enough that an sufficiently powerful adversary is more likely to resort to "rubber hose" attacks (that is: strap you to a chair, and beat you with a hose until you give them the info they want) than trying to take control of the system.

I'm not sure if we can even theoretically get 100% anonymity , but we don't have 100% secure crypto overall either - we have just decided on tradeoffs (key lengths that means it will take all the computing power on the planet "forever" with current technology to brute force it).

Even for security against law enforcement, it "just" need to be too expensive and difficult to be feasible. The only truly tricky adversary is the NSA, and not too many people give a shit whether or not the NSA is monitoring their stuff apparently.

Ultimately I think a lot of this is down to appearance. TOR is a favourite with people with shady intent, yet there are numerous well known attacks (involving controlling enough nodes, typically), or simply leaning on node operators to cooperate with "requests". It's popular because people trust that it will be mostly safe, and certainly better than the alternative, and because it has good PR (from a "protect yourself against law enforcement" viewpoint).
Wasda

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:01:54 PM

That's why anon without mix node (middle man) is the way to go.. hopefully mindfox's 'hard-to-trade' will be the first to achieve that.

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
DeViL303

SESAME

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:12:59 PM

That's why anon without mix node (middle man) is the way to go.. hopefully mindfox's 'hard-to-trade' will be the first to achieve that.

lol, it would be funny if he really did implement a hard to trade system, some might say he already has as its hard to trade with any volume right now!  but I know what you mean! Wink

DeViL303

SESAME

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:21:54 PM

Regardless of what an individual uses it for it is extremely secure and the only way to track would be guess work.

well either the code is secure or its not, if it is then I should be able to avoid tax and buy drugs with that coin, it cant be "untraceable unless LE get involved" , that isn't an option, if LE can trace it, then some hacker somewhere will be able to do it to. So its either anon or its not anon, there is no "semi anon", it defies the definition of the word, its like saying "semi full" = not really full.    

You can make 100% true anon coin (if you can) but in the end when converting coins to fiat you're not anon after all. you can use localbitcoins to avoid banks,irs,tax .. but what about businesses ?

I don't know, but if that is the problem with anon (converting to fiat) then how does crypt or any anon coin help, seems bitcoin is already 99% anon with tumbler and tor and the hard part is converting back to fiat?

I suppose if the coin is 100% anon, then someone who is legit can just cash it in anywhere and claim they got it legally, launder it basically, same like any illegal money, thing is it needs to be 100% untraceable for that to work, 99% untraceable wont do if its drug miney. 

Wasda

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:24:11 PM

lol, it would be funny if he really did implement a hard to trade system, some might say he already has as its hard to trade with any volume right now!  but I know what you mean! Wink

LOL.. i didn't even see that, typo.. that's funny

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
Wasda

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:26:36 PM

I don't know, but if that is the problem with anon (converting to fiat) then how does crypt or any anon coin help, seems bitcoin is already 99% anon with tumbler and tor and the hard part is converting back to fiat?

I would think CRYPT will be better than any other anon coin because it doesn't rely on node. but yeah the problem is still converting to fiat. i think that's why mindfox say true anon is not possible.

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
kitey

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:28:35 PM

why would you want to ?

surely the procedure is

Fiat -> BTC -> Anon Coin -> Buy Shit ?

DeViL303

SESAME

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:30:14 PM

why would you want to ?

surely the procedure is

well the person you buy shit off is maybe going to want to go back to cash, its not all about the buyer, for a coin to work it needs to suit the seller too..

Wasda

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:31:02 PM

why would you want to ?

surely the procedure is

well the person you buy shit off is maybe going to want to go back to cash, its not all about the buyer, for a coin to work it needs to suit the seller too..
+100 agreed

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
kitey

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:31:16 PM

why would you want to ?

surely the procedure is

then isn`t it ?

Sell Shit -> Anon -> BTC -> Fiat

am i missing something here man ?
DeViL303

SESAME

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:35:12 PM

why would you want to ?

surely the procedure is

then isn`t it ?

Sell Shit -> Anon -> BTC -> Fiat

am i missing something here man ?

Well that's fine if the coin is truly 100% anon (or if the shit is legal but then no need for anon in the first place) , then the seller can claim the anon coin came from a legit source (launder it) and then go back to btc or fiat, but if the system is only "hard to trace" then: will the seller have enough confidence in the first place to bother accept the coin for his illegal shit?

kitey

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:37:22 PM

No he or she wont is my answer -
DeViL303

SESAME

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:39:47 PM

No he wont is my answer -

I agree. The whole appeal of an anonymous new coin is that it is 100% anonymous and could be used for ANYTHING. If its only 99% anonymous then its not any better than current solutions.  

Like I said before, the word anonymous basically means "nobody knows" , so if there is any chance that somebody DOES know, then the word anonymous is not the right word, so I can see why the new line is "hard to trace" , it makes more sense, people need to stop using the word anonymous to describe cryptcoin.

kitey

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:42:00 PM

No he wont is my answer -

I agree. The whole appeal of an anonymous new coin is that it is 100% anonymous and could be used for ANYTHING. If its only 99% anonymous then its not any better than current solutions. 

blow me there is something we actually agree on Smiley
Wasda

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:45:25 PM

tell me which would you trust to use if let say both of these are 99% anon:

1) 99% of all Anon coins out there that is using mix-node

or

2) Crypt hard-to-trace p2p wallet to wallet with no mix node involve.

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
DeViL303

SESAME

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:53:18 PM

tell me which would you prefer to use if let say both of these are 99% anon:

1) 99% of all Anon coins out there that is using mix-node

or

2) Crypt hard-to-trace p2p wallet to wallet and no mix node.

well if both are 99% secure/anon then it really wouldn't cause me much interest tbh, or cause any major uptake by sellers , I think it would need to be ground breaking tech to cause the kind of uptake people are talking about to cause the prices people are hoping for , I do get your point though that no.2 sounds "slightly" better,  but do I think people/sellers will dump the old anon solutions and flock to crypt cos its version of "99% anon" sounds better = NO.

pbremen01

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 05:45:50 PM

Is KEY anon the same as CRYPT anonymity?

KEY anonymity seems very centralized. Does anybody know who operates KEY mixer nodes? Prometheus?

Why did the whales/pumpers switch from CRYPT to KEY? Is this centralized KEY anonymity superior to upcoming CRYPT anonymity?

BackseatTS

Activity: 40

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 06:44:25 PM

Is your face the same as shut up?

Is your mouth the same as be quiet?

You must have missed that newsletter we all get called "whales tell us their secret motives, thereby cancelling out any possibility of their super secret plans coming to fruition"-newsletter.

My apologies, I'm feeling very cheeky at the moment, and your questions always sound like "tell me all your secrets!"

Also instinctively I feel like you may may be part of the reddit "protect us from false claims of anonymity" forum. Which is fine. But the energy you have I feel could be better spent trying to help a developing coin. I feel like in the right situation you could be devil's advocate in some brain storm involving some current developers problem. And you could help create something. But the best analog I can think of for the way all of your posts feel is you're acting like a reporter trying to write an article about how all anon attempts are scams. Why don't you help instead with all that energy?
Pages: « 1 ... 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 [257] 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 ... 346 »
  Print  

Jump to: