Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 06:00:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Boolberry Rename Contest - Boolberry Is the Name!!  (Read 8322 times)
Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 12:44:31 AM

❍✍☑

I dont know what it's called but we should make this our official symbol.
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
blaaaaacksuit

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Who cares?

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 12:52:19 AM

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I like the name Boolberry.  Also people know about Boolberry now and we will have to start afresh getting the info out.

Berry for short is awesome, I don't understand why we needed to change it.

There is already a Berry coin
But yes Berry sounds good

HoneyBerry  Grin
CoolForCoins

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:31:18 AM

Boolberry? Boolberry?!?! "That'll be 14 boolberries please." 

Come on! The whole reason this thread was started was due to the backlash to that name, and there's good reason for it because it's a truly terrible name. 

Someone made the point earlier that the name is not so important because even if it starts off as an empty set of syllables it acquires meaning. 

But Boolberry is beyond redemption. Bin it. I don't care about winning BBRs, just don't stick with this mumbledump of a name.
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:50:10 AM

Dark coin = Drugs 
Boolberry = Pedophile
graphfox

Activity: 57

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:36:46 AM
Last edit: May 29, 2014, 02:54:44 AM by graphfox

Come on! The whole reason this thread was started was due to the backlash to that name, and there's good reason for it because it's a truly terrible name.  

Someone made the point earlier that the name is not so important because even if it starts off as an empty set of syllables it acquires meaning.  

But Boolberry is beyond redemption. Bin it. I don't care about winning BBRs, just don't stick with this mumbledump of a name.

What's more awkward, keeping the name Boolberry or continuing this contest without having promoted it enough? Obviously the dev wants more names.

edit: Berry is still a bit awkward, I was overzealous calling it "awesome", don't get me wrong. Pretend that was actually sarcasm for all I care. I just want this over with.
mellae

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 04:41:45 AM

See my username.

I think we should keep with the Honeypenny idea. Honey is a "sweet substance produced by bees", and the latin word for honey is indeed mella.

From https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081106172156AAApZQB : "There is a somewhat rare Latin word, mella,-ae, which appears in Plautus' play the Pseudolus, and at least one other author, meaning a mixture of water and honey, sometimes referred to as 'hydromel.'"

With regard to how sweet CryptoNote is, miners are worker bees!
loremipsum

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:54:28 AM

Moneta (a Goddess of wealth)

Moneta sounds good but its too much about money. Same thing as Plutus (the greek god of wealth); perhaps the name should be something more

blaaaaacksuit

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Who cares?

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 03:52:50 PM

Moneta sounds good but its too much about money. Same thing as Plutus (the greek god of wealth); perhaps the name should be something more

Plus it sounds a lot like Monero.
Spekulatius
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 04:18:16 PM

Fullcircle
Anotheranonlol

Activity: 588
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 09:27:53 PM

it doesn't matter, Monero as word already existed before too

Let's not forget Monetas (http://monetas.net/) is an already existing product in the crypto-currency realm. It's essentially a commercial implementation of the long established Open-Transactions (http://opentransactions.org/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page) project. Having Moneta the CryptoNote based coin side to side with Monetas the Open-transactions 'coin' will create a fair bit of confusion.

Please developer, choose a name or make it clear you wish to keep the honeypenny or bulberry pimpernackel etc which everyone will just have to accept (I think most have just gotten used to it by now anyway) so the project can advance towards exchange listing.

graphfox

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 09:40:31 PM

it doesn't matter, Monero as word already existed before too

Let's not forget Monetas (http://monetas.net/) is an already existing product in the crypto-currency realm. It's essentially a commercial implementation of the long established Open-Transactions (http://opentransactions.org/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page) project. Having Moneta the CryptoNote based coin side to side with Monetas the Open-transactions 'coin' will create a fair bit of confusion.

Please developer, choose a name or make it clear you wish to keep the honeypenny or bulberry pimpernackel etc which everyone will just have to accept (I think most have just gotten used to it by now anyway) so the project can advance towards exchange listing.

hmm you are right, also I think the dev has a good bunch of new names to choose already.

I'm not sure how after all this time they haven't just come up with their own...
Spekulatius
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 10:29:43 PM

Red Ring [R E D]
human

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:46:31 AM

simple and easy.

icash
inote

aNotes (anonymous notes) - A-Notes - AAA

add something to the domain if not free like inoteCN.org or theanotes.org or anotesAAA.org

sussex

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 01:11:38 AM

I expect Google went through similar discussions- It didn't hurt them.

Boolberry is fine, it's friendly, memorable and the arrangement of the letters would be a logo creators delight - it doesn't need to mean anything. It's also an obvious spelling and has no search engine competition. Some companies have paid millions to come up with something like this.

Some of the suggestions here have been truly terrible, it makes me wonder if Will Self is posting? It just seems to be an opportunity for amateur  linguists to show off a little with the resulting names being patronising, unpronounceable or just arrogant - sometimes all three! We want people to like the coin, don't we?

Boolberry is cool(berry), just leave it alone.
sussex

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 01:13:09 AM

Red Ring [R E D]

As in....... sphincter?  Huh
sussex

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 01:15:13 AM

Egina Aureus

Egina: https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egina It was a grecee coin in the greece antique. Egina means turtle
Aureus: https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%81ureo_(moneda) It was a unit mesurable of aureus in Rome antique.

Futhermore Aureus is the perfect number  http://mic.sgmjournals.org/content/149/3/785.full And for that unique and valuable coin the people will look future.
TO FINALLY, As a turtle this currency grows slowly and steadily to becoming a live hundreds of years

Another name maybe can be "AureusNote"
No explanation need(ed)

You reckon?

This is appalling, three professors in Oxford are going to understand it, no one else.
Spekulatius
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 01:26:13 AM

Red Ring [R E D]

Thank you for teaching me a new word, you goddamn****** made me look at undescribable pictures on google saftey search off!
sussex

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 01:28:22 AM

Red Ring [R E D]

Thank you for teaching me a new word, you goddamn****** made me look at undescribable pictures on google saftey search off!

Lol, sorry......  Grin
darlidada

Activity: 723
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 02:53:13 AM

Just decide for christ stake. Keep it or change it. But decide !

And hire someone to market your coin, you are doing a horrible job.
graphfox

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 02:56:55 AM
Last edit: May 30, 2014, 03:17:46 AM by graphfox

Just decide for christ stake. Keep it or change it. But decide !

And hire someone to market your coin, you are doing a horrible job.

This. Can we just put it to a vote?

Or at least use a vote to help make the final decision?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: