Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:17:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin.com down wtf?  (Read 3280 times)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 06:25:14 PM

I wonder how much that domain is worth now?   Shocked

problably less than when the price was 1200, so who is owning it, is waiting for a better tiem to sell

at least i know i would not sell it now
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GermanGiant

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 06:42:24 PM

problably less than when the price was 1200, so who is owning it, is waiting for a better tiem to sell

Roger Ver own it now. It seems he has no plan to sell it. Instead, he is building business around it by leasing subdomains.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 06:46:44 PM

I don't understand, why this splitting of the community? This is bad for the whole Bitcoin ecosystem. We don't need 10 freaking forums, we need to unite all of together on one forum.

I think that we already have enough of the competition outside of the Bitcoin space for us to waste energy between us in this way.

Bitcointalk is the first and the oldest one. We need everybody here, together!
Zombier0

Activity: 435
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 06:47:33 PM

Bicoin.com got full redesign it seems

tommorisonwebdesign

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 06:54:20 PM

I don't understand, why this splitting of the community? This is bad for the whole Bitcoin ecosystem. We don't need 10 freaking forums, we need to unite all of together on one forum.

I think that we already have enough of the competition outside of the Bitcoin space for us to waste energy between us in this way.

If you look around the internet, once a technology grows and becomes more popular, it's only natural for other sites to open up and compete. To the owner's credit, they do have a better layout than us.

Signatures? How about learning a skill... I don't care either way. Everybody has to make a living somehow.
RGBKey

Activity: 854
Merit: 658

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 07:02:19 PM

If they were earlier they would probably get more users just because of the domain name alone, but it's a bit late now.
Mickeyb

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 07:09:24 PM

If they were earlier they would probably get more users just because of the domain name alone, but it's a bit late now.

They might still get more newbies interested in Bitcoin that are trying to find informations about the Bitcoin. People sometimes just go ahead and type in something.com if they want to find additional info about a thing.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 07:32:17 PM

Now they are running a forum on it, at forum.bitcoin.com, trying to compete BitcoinTalk.

Wow, they're not even hiding the fact they're copying bitcointalk... Even section names are pretty much the same.

They're offering 4 BTC for the best post Cheesy

I wouldn't be surprised if there will be people copying very high quality posts from here and paste it there in order to win  Cheesy What a joke, paying people $1K to make the forum seem active. After that, the forum there will be silent as fck as there is nothing more to gain.

For most people this domain has a certain value. But if you are planning to actually give the domain real usage, then it is worth even more as there isn't a better domain than bitcoin.com. I can see this domain fetch $100K easily at this point.
lahm-44

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 07:38:05 PM

I think you pritty visited the wrong site the real site is bitcoin.org and it is always updated and always runing even you can check its sourse code in github
ashour

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 08:30:16 PM

I wonder how much that domain is worth now?   Shocked

Roger Ver own it now. It seems he has no plan to sell it. Instead, he is building business around it by leasing subdomains.
I think his plan is to grow the site as much  as possible until bitcoin is something HUGE and then sell it for X amount of $.
RGBKey

Activity: 854
Merit: 658

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 09:11:46 PM

They might still get more newbies interested in Bitcoin that are trying to find informations about the Bitcoin. People sometimes just go ahead and type in something.com if they want to find additional info about a thing.
True, but most people that look a bit will find that this forum has many more users.
VCLChief

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 06:52:15 PM

things change fast in tech. I remember when google didn't exist and yahoo was number one search engine. Now gool has 60% and yahoo doesnt have anything.  just saying anything can happen.
Cxinbolen

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 09:25:11 PM

things change fast in tech. I remember when google didn't exist and yahoo was number one search engine. Now gool has 60% and yahoo doesnt have anything.  just saying anything can happen.

I sincerely hope that bitcoin.com's forum does not grow over BCT. I doubt that it will, but like you said, anything is possible.
Mickeyb

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 09:27:40 PM

I sincerely hope that bitcoin.com's forum does not grow over BCT. I doubt that it will, but like you said, anything is possible.

I hope that it does and that it gets filled with brand new users, not the bitcointalk users. This would mean that Bitcoin adoption is happening in amazing pace and I am sure that this forum would get a boost of new users as well in this case.
saturn643

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 09:57:16 PM

I hope that it does and that it gets filled with brand new users, not the bitcointalk users. This would mean that Bitcoin adoption is happening in amazing pace and I am sure that this forum would get a boost of new users as well in this case.
Well some of the more reputable bitcointalk users had better get on over there and claim their usernames. Otherwise scammers might take the names and pretend to be reputable members and scam people.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 10:28:24 PM

Well some of the more reputable bitcointalk users had better get on over there and claim their usernames. Otherwise scammers might take the names and pretend to be reputable members and scam people.

Good advice. Although I'm not a reputable user, I don't want someone to run around with my nickname there Wink

Also good to have an "aged" account there in case the forum will take off big time.
Melds

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

Investor / Trader / Analyst

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 07:09:39 AM

Now they are running a forum on it, at forum.bitcoin.com, trying to compete BitcoinTalk.

Wow, they're not even hiding the fact they're copying bitcointalk... Even section names are pretty much the same.

nothing wrong with that. Healthy Competition imo

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3015

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2015, 07:19:02 AM

Bitcoin users, by nature, hate centralization.  Having one forum is centralized.  It would be nice if there was a second popular one, but they are hard to run when politics gets involved.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 07:27:40 AM

nothing wrong with that. Healthy Competition imo

you can also see it as marketing. they have to earn a place in this market as it is beyond difficult to come even close to bitcointalk. offering rewards may get people interested to join them.
chrisvl
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

Trainman

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2015, 08:03:08 AM

You are wrong, there is no splitting. forum.bitcoin.com is open to anyone to express his opinion concerning  the bitcoin, It is a democratic forum that respects the opinions of the users,that in any case the purpose is not to disorient the users,but leave them choose for themselves what will follow in one or more issues concerning bitcoin..

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: