Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:52:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitSource.org Credit Card Purchase Experience and Review  (Read 4023 times)
dreamingwake (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 02:02:13 PM

Hey guys, DreamingWake here. I know information is scarce about BitSource.org so I wanted to let you know how my $75 CC purchase went! (Now W/ BULLETPOINTS!)
I give BitSource a 4/5 Internet Points!

Positives: Credit Card purchase with minimal personal information required. Very good and professional Support staff. (Seriously, they were helpful when I was sweatin')
 Negatives: Website front end a little lacking, Payeer is kind of slow, and a few hiccups.

1) Registered an account. Fairly simple.
2) I opened a Purchase ticket with amounts and form of payment and was sent 2 emails, the former redirecting me to Payeer.
3) Payeer requested my information. (Standard stuff) After giving them my credit card information, they required pictures of said credit card IN MY HAND. I submitted 2 pictures.
4) I'm not sure if I had bad timing or if Payeer is... thorough, but the "verifying submitted documentation (pics)" took hours. In my case, 10-12 hours.
5) My documentation was accepted and the correct amount of bitcoinage (0.16759 BTC) showed up on my BitSource page.
6) I made a request to withdraw the BTC from my account, and it didn't go through. I contact support and after a minute or two they ask me to try it again, this time w/ a ZERO (0) in front of the decimal place... HURRRRRRderp.
7) After my second withdrawal request, I am logged out and can't sign back in. A bit perturbed, I message (via Instant Message box) a supportaneer, and they tell me that they had to restart the back end of the site to make sure there were no issues.
8 ) 15-30 minutes later, the sites back up, I sign in and make a withdrawal request and BAM, fresh BTC in my life. Sweet sweet justice!

Alas, it WORKS. My fee was approximately 6% (kinda steep) so if you need BTC right meow with YOUR OWN (cough) credit card, get to it!
If I was any help, any donations are astoundingly appreciated and will help fund my BTC/Crypto education venture!
Donation: 1ATZYmvDEYXXsc3FumAnQyodQy7TtBgfiy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dreamingwake (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 02:55:11 AM

A recent email I got concerning deposits. Might change your experience with them.

Attention BitSource.org Members:
There are a couple things we wanted to bring to your attention...

1) We've automated our deposit process for VISA, Mastercard, Maestro, OKPay, PerfectMoney, Yandex.Money, QIWI Wallet, EgoPay, Payeer, W1, Wire Transfer, SEPA transfer, SWIFT transfer, and many more payment methods.

You can now go to www.BitSource.org and, once logged in, click on 'deposit money', choose the USD option, and make your deposit directly on our website. If you have recently submitted a deposit request, and have not yet received the follow up email, please try this new payment option instead in order to quickly facilitate your deposit.

NOTE: To speed up the process of crediting your BitSource account with the funds you deposit, please forward your deposit confirmation email that you receive after a successful transaction to payment-confirm@bitsource.org. This step is not required, but will substantially decrease any delay between the payment confirmation and your account being credited until our payment processor's API is fully integrated with our exchange. When you forward this confirmation to us, make sure you send it from the same email address that is associated with your BitSource account.

2) We've been experiencing some problems with international VISA and Mastercard payments. If you attempt to make a payment and notice the Visa and Mastercard option are not available, please try another option or check back later. We expect to have the CC payment option available again within a few hours at most, but some countries may experience longer delays. Keep in mind we also have the SWIFT payment option that can deduct the funds directly from your bank account. We highly recommend this option if credit card payments are not working for you.

NOTE: This is only affecting international payments - If you are local, this is not an issue and Visa/MC payment should work fine.

Thanks again for all your support and we look forward to doing business with you!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: