Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:12:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Amazing Fun Crypto Conspiracy & Secrets - Quark included  (Read 1235 times)
digitalindustry (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 04:12:06 PM
Last edit: May 24, 2014, 07:17:26 PM by digitalindustry

Here for everyones viewing pleasure I'm going to list some of the amazing things that Quark has achieved, and some fun crypto conspiracies of history.
if i get anything wrong don't hesitate to correct me in a free and open manner : D

Amazing & Fun Facts About Quark & a few Crypto "Secrets" ; D

Did you know?

Quark was the first CPoW ( Complex Proof of Work) multi hash Algo to go "main stream" with its 6 hash functions and its Random function. the first was called SIFcoin and that stood for "Simple Inflation Fork"

Here is the original SIFcoin ANN on the Russian forum, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=240884.0.

this is typical of crypto evolution bitcoin was the protocol but then evolution started, here is a general example :

Scrypt
> with Tbrix and Fairbrix etc then Litecoin, then so on >

similar with:

SHA256
> Bitcoin > Namecoin > etc. >

CPoW
> SIF > Quark > etc  other X11 > > other CPoW

PoS
> Peer > NVC > CAP > HBN > etc.

The Secret ; D

X11 is a CPoW variant it is >  Quarks 6 algorithms + another 5 algorithms = 11 algorithms hence the name "X11" see a coindesk write up here : http://www.coindesk.com/advanced-algorithms-maxcoin-dogecar/

see where it predicted it here : http://kolinevans.wordpress.com/2014/03/02/why-there-could-be-a-mini-revolution-occuring-in-crypto-currency/

X11 has gained popularity but it does not have a Random function and so is able to be mined via a device called an FPGA, (likely ASIC) we love X11 but are yet to see another multi hash with a random function other than Quark and SIF.

This Random function and multiple algorithms makes Quark still one of the best and equitable for GPU and CPU mining.

Did you know?

Quark has about 10 to 15 Clones right now - check the announcements thread and check some out !  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=159.0

there is "fairQuark" "QuarkBar" and "BitQuark" then there are a host of others with just the Quark algo - personally I think this is great, i love each one in its own special way.

The Secret ; D

Some say this was part of something called "project Salt" the aim of which was to make lots of clones to try to disperse the Market Cap (see later) personally it was pretty dumb so i tend to think that the market just likes to make clones ??

although interestingly it is said , the same people that were attacking Quark are the same people attacking Emuni - hmmm ?

Did you know?

Quark and SIF were the first to introduce the EQ reward.

That stands for "Equilibrium Reward"

The Secret ; D

All the EQ reward does is allow for replacement units so that there is less chance that in the future a Government or Bank Monopoly can gain a majority of the currency units and effectively destroy the currency velocity or its "usefulness".

Quarks EQ "inflation" starts at about <0.5 % per year and declines down as the currency numbers grow.

This EQ reward is a revolution in economic terms in its simplicity  as it declines in % term just like a normal reward, but always allows that new people can gain Quark. those Russians are smart!

Reds under the Bed ! EQ reward equals Communism ! < just the opposite actually, command and control monopoly (the current Banking system) is much closer to the central planning of communism.  

Did you know?

that Quark was mined in only 6 months, but everyone knew that at the start check the original thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=260031.0  <<

^^that's the history of Quark from the start right there - after the large reward was mined Quark was listed on Cryptsy and soon went to almost zero price, people where very happy with that situation and mined it an sold it as it was.

After the price ascended organically Quark came under attack retrospectively because of two reasons:

The Secret ; D

1. miners don't like to sell then see a Crypto rise, they feel like they missed the boat, even though they could of both mined it and purchased it for near zero for months, (had they taken the opportunity.)

2. Quark scared the Crypto market because it was the first ever not to use "mining control" to inflate its Market Cap, i.e the Quark Market cap is real and not manipulated in any way.

if you are new to crypto and an don't understand this term, let me explain:

The Special Secret ; D

Every currency including LTC and Bitcoin to a degree always had a mining monopoly premium, which allows to a degree a relatively small group to basically not let the currency drop because they can drive difficulty higher than the rest of the market.

this is generally called "mining control" for example when Litecoin was being mined by CPU it was generally accepted that a GPU was out - then when the GPU market took over there were ASICS before the GPU market had ASICs, i don't want people to think i'm singling out Litecoin here, actually Litecoin is probably one of the least effected by mining control.

others like Doge or many of the late SCRYPT currency were born right into mining control, in this way they can be almost completely manipulated, and i fully well expect to see some of them hard fork to escape the rest of the market having a chance to mine them equitably. when KnC delivers its SCRYPT ASICS.

Quark was mined in 6 months went to zero, so could not be manipulated by "Mining Control" (as all the units were predominantly issued) ,  then when the market cap began to raise to a high Market Cap, this scared a few people in Crypto (or fiat Banking or the SS ?) mostly the people that have the mining control.

this means to a degree Quark was the first real Alt currency.  

because it is undeniably provable that there was no mining control yet Quark stays in the high end of the market Cap even at the very available price it is now.

think about this, to this day most of the market does not have SCRYPT ASICS yet its easy to prove they exist and in large capacity.

Mining Control for the non technical simply means that the market can not get enough of the units in a large % to have the ability to sell it down and make the market cap smaller, because if a small % have a monopoly on mining they can rise the difficulty out of reach for the most of the market , and as a crypto can not be shorted the only way to sell it downwards is to mine and sell , so mining control = price control.

Did you know?

Quark's Algorithm and fast distribution  generally means that it stuck to the "one CPU one Vote" principal of Satoshi. some would argue more so than Bitcoin.  > Ref coming

The Secret ; D

Satoshi is probably not a single real person and the NSA had a white paper out in 1996 describing very well (for that time) the Bitcoin protocol.  >

here is a video on that : http://kolinevans.wordpress.com/2014/03/02/milton-friedman-predicted-crypto-currency-in-1999-the-nsa-had-a-design-built-in-1996-and-the-rest-is-history/

and here is the NSA white paper:

http://groups.csail.mit.edu/mac/classes/6.805/articles/money/nsamint/nsamint.htm#Introduction

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 04:13:39 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2014, 10:32:18 PM by digitalindustry

And in Summary what's it all mean ?

It means if you are a part of Quark you are a part of history.

Why?

Because in the future centralized organizations will not be able to determine what history is .

That will be determined by what's called a "decentralized consensus"

What we all generally agree is reality.

So as centralized forces would like to conveniently bury information decentralized consensus will determine it in the future.

And that's a fact.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 06:15:01 PM

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
silvermetal

Activity: 487
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:35:37 PM

Interesting to read, thank you Kolin :-)
You have a nice writing style.

Every time I read your post again I read something new haha.
Tomorrow when I am more awake I will give it another shot ;-)
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 10:27:14 PM

Interesting to read, thank you Kolin :-)
You have a nice writing style.

Every time I read your post again I read something new haha.
Tomorrow when I am more awake I will give it another shot ;-)

Regards : )

Love feedback to simplify.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
noelmal

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:32:33 PM

Quark you mean the one with hidden premine?
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 10:37:39 PM

Ha ha show me where, let's come to "decentralized consensus"

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Coinmama2014

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:39:57 PM

This is really good stuff! I did not even know all of this- Interesting!! Cheesy

Coinmama: Kiss Kiss
reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:40:36 PM

?

announced at 11:24am EST, July 21 2013: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=260031.0 The genesis block can be seen to have been mined shortly thereafter at 12:01pm, July 21, 2013

Coinmama2014

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:41:06 PM

ummm..someone here is grossly misinformed Huh

Coinmama: Kiss Kiss
undercard

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 11:27:31 PM

Nice post! Reading this reminds me of what Quark went through during December of 2013. The amount of FUD that was spread was amazing. It didn't kill the coin though, in my opinion it made it stronger. Anyone can afford to buy at these current prices. Infurstructure and projects are being worked on daily, that's what will add real value.
silvermetal

Activity: 487
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 06:31:15 PM

Sorry for my late reaction.

I try to understand each section.

Let's start with the first section:
In the first section you start with Quark was the first cPOW and SIF was the first.... how can both coins be first Huh
It took me a few re-reads before I understand that Quark was the first cPOW which went mainstream, and SIF was the first cPOW coin developed.

What happened with SIF and why didn't SIF go mainstream do you know that?

Then you tell me a secret about X11, but I never heard of that coin before. You say we love X11. Who do you mean with we? and why do they love X11?
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 06:57:52 PM

Sorry for my late reaction.

I try to understand each section.

Let's start with the first section:
In the first section you start with Quark was the first cPOW and SIF was the first.... how can both coins be first Huh
It took me a few re-reads before I understand that Quark was the first cPOW which went mainstream, and SIF was the first cPOW coin developed.

What happened with SIF and why didn't SIF go mainstream do you know that?

Then you tell me a secret about X11, but I never heard of that coin before. You say we love X11. Who do you mean with we? and why do they love X11?

thanks i will fix that and clarify it .

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Y3llowb1ackbird

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 12:09:53 AM

Great post Kolin. Enjoyed reading it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: