Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:16:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: expected revenue from ads  (Read 967 times)
Xiaoxiao (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

The Golden Rule Rules

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 12:01:50 AM

For a service site, such as a faucet or forum, how much revenue can one expect to get?

For example, how much does www.multibit.org charge for that one ad they put up.  Obviously multibit gets A LOT of traffic.

So for a beginner site, what are we looking at?

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Initscri

Activity: 1540
Merit: 759

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 12:28:52 AM

Results would be skewed a lot depending on the traffic of the site and optimization of ads.

Not even mentioning that web-masters may not want to risk their Google Adsense relationship by showing their profits.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #QTqpSBaUMoRoW3Fo

----------------------------------
Web Developer. PM for details.
Xiaoxiao (OP)
Legendary

The Golden Rule Rules

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:08:14 AM

Results would be skewed a lot depending on the traffic of the site and optimization of ads.

Not even mentioning that web-masters may not want to risk their Google Adsense relationship by showing their profits.

I'm a dummy.  I have no idea what this means.
Initscri

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 03:25:22 AM

I'm a dummy.  I have no idea what this means.

Essentially means there is no way to determine the amount of profit for ads because every website is different.

Vintage

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:33:10 AM

I know of someone who bots their site to get more money from ads, but don't do that.
Initscri

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 03:34:05 AM

I know of someone who bots their site to get more money from ads, but don't do that.

If Google finds out (I assume adsense), You will have your name permanently blacklisted.
Definitely NOT recommended.

Xiaoxiao (OP)
Legendary

The Golden Rule Rules

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 08:35:20 AM

Ah i see.  What i meant was how much would companies be willing to pay to get ad space on a new site, generally speaking.  For example, i think this forum charges relatively cheap for ad space, like $30 a month or something for a small banner in between posts.
Initscri

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 08:37:43 AM

Ah i see.  What i meant was how much would companies be willing to pay to get ad space on a new site, generally speaking.  For example, i think this forum charges relatively cheap for ad space, like $30 a month or something for a small banner in between posts.

For a new site with little traffic, don't expect anything. You may be able to catch a small amount (within $10p/m), but there is no guarantee.

When you first start a site, the main focus is to get to medium traffic at which points ads become more relevant.

Xiaoxiao (OP)
Legendary

The Golden Rule Rules

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 09:09:31 AM

For a new site with little traffic, don't expect anything. You may be able to catch a small amount (within $10p/m), but there is no guarantee.

When you first start a site, the main focus is to get to medium traffic at which points ads become more relevant.

ah I see.  I guess my best bet is to have no ads at all.
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 08:23:42 PM

bots do only work for adnetworks that pay impressions not for payper click.

you may want to advertise your site first and fill it with contents, this way it will be noticed by google and indexed it. play with google webmaster tools as well.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
Initscri

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 10:27:17 PM

ah I see.  I guess my best bet is to have no ads at all.

If you can get Adsense to ad your site, then why not?

However, without content as specified above, you may not be permitted or allowed into Google Adsense.

Cyrus
Ninja
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 2948

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:02:04 AM

I'm a dummy.  I have no idea what this means.
Then I don't think you should start a site before learning what that means.

Ah i see.  What i meant was how much would companies be willing to pay to get ad space on a new site, generally speaking.  For example, i think this forum charges relatively cheap for ad space, like $30 a month or something for a small banner in between posts.
Then you would be terribly wrong. The forum's ad space is auctioned off, on a weekly basis. Here is the auction thread for this round: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=680809.0

zhinkk

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:36:15 AM

Worse idea ever. Google is not stupid. They have a multibillion dollar company and have invested heavily into their advertising technologies. Bots = easiest way to get your account suspended.
redwhitenblue

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 02:04:57 AM

Worse idea ever. Google is not stupid. They have a multibillion dollar company and have invested heavily into their advertising technologies. Bots = easiest way to get your account suspended.
Google has many ways to use analytics to figure out if someone is gaming the system. It is best to get genuine traffic to your site. 
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 03:15:02 AM

And to get traffic is by means of Search engine optimization.  By optimizing though is to most like have tons of text contents making your site value for the users and google bots.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: