Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:20:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: -
-
-

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Dreamcoin [DRM] - X13 - PoW/PoS  (Read 71662 times)
Collegestudent

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

The blockchain is the future

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:26:20 AM

Myfarm i like your ideas please contact me directly so we can iron out a frame work and set up logistics
Excellent!  You've nothing but impressed me.  If other members of the community are onboard, then I'll contact you and we'll get the ball rolling.

Why not make a new chat on goog where yall can video talk to each other. Been doing that a lot lately and i can give u my email if needed.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
merk475

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:26:28 AM

Myfarm i like your ideas please contact me directly so we can iron out a frame work and set up logistics
Excellent!  You've nothing but impressed me.  If other members of the community are onboard, then I'll contact you and we'll get the ball rolling.

I too like the idea, and it would definitely be a first in the crypto community.
johnny_non

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:29:27 AM

Thank you. I am a firm believer that it is the communities ultimate decision. This is one of the fund raising ideas i can get behind

send your strays CAT: 9W4aXggw9bgraD88j77fZg7aT8Lnb4mkTw  Everyone has a Dream: DKDB1yj2ohbakpQQvUZsCEWow6K2CDDggD
MyFarm

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:35:42 AM

I need to head to bed.  I hope to see other people down for the idea by the time I wake up tomorrow.  If the community decides not to, I will certainly respect that decision and go quietly.  But I sincerely think this could be highly beneficial for the coin, all of you, and society.  I'm not in this one to make money, I'm in it to do good.  But I have no problem with any of you making money off of this.

Before I go to bed, one more buying spree to show I'm serious...

Goodnight.

Sweet Dreams Wink
Collegestudent

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:36:42 AM

I need to head to bed.  I hope to see other people down for the idea by the time I wake up tomorrow.  If the community decides not to, I will certainly respect that decision and go quietly.  But I sincerely think this could be highly beneficial for the coin, all of you, and society.  I'm not in this one to make money, I'm in it to do good.  But I have no problem with any of you making money off of this.

Before I go to bed, one more buying spree to show I'm serious...

Goodnight.

Sweet Dreams Wink

woahhhh MyFarm u crazy fucker!!! hope all those get locked away never to be seen
cryptoholic11

Activity: 560

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:40:39 AM

Im back on the dream bandwagon or should I say the dream team!

trademark
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:44:18 AM

MyFarm has a great idea which can lead to a great trend.

I would also like to input an idea which could help fund DRM.  I got this idea from the Ronald Mcdonald Dream House Raffle.  Let me know what you guys think about having a monthly/bi monthly Dream Wish raffle. Tickets can only be purchased with DRMs (each ticket is $5 to $10USD worth of drms at current market value) and prizes can be anything from GPU's, Miners, BTC's, DRMs, Gift cards, etc.  It all depends on how many tickets are sold with 5% - 10% taken off the top and put in the development fund.  What do you guys think?  I think it would attract a bunch of people if we had a raffle for like the KNC Titan Miner.  I'd buy a few tickets.  Just a thought. Grin
johnny_non

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:45:40 AM

I would also like to input an idea which could help fund DRM.  I got this idea from the Ronald Mcdonald Dream House Raffle.  Let me know what you guys think about having a monthly/bi monthly Dream Wish raffle. Tickets can only be purchased with DRMs (each ticket is $5 to $10USD worth of drms at current market value) and prizes can be anything from GPU's, Miners, BTC's, DRMs, Gift cards, etc.  It all depends on how many tickets are sold with 5% - 10% taken off the top and put in the development fund.  What do you guys think?  I think it would attract a bunch of people if we had a raffle for like the KNC Titan Miner.  I'd buy a few tickets.  Just a thought. Grin
This is another good idea...

Keep them rolling dreamers Smiley

send your strays CAT: 9W4aXggw9bgraD88j77fZg7aT8Lnb4mkTw  Everyone has a Dream: DKDB1yj2ohbakpQQvUZsCEWow6K2CDDggD
trademark
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:48:35 AM

I would also like to input an idea which could help fund DRM.  I got this idea from the Ronald Mcdonald Dream House Raffle.  Let me know what you guys think about having a monthly/bi monthly Dream Wish raffle. Tickets can only be purchased with DRMs (each ticket is $5 to $10USD worth of drms at current market value) and prizes can be anything from GPU's, Miners, BTC's, DRMs, Gift cards, etc.  It all depends on how many tickets are sold with 5% - 10% taken off the top and put in the development fund.  What do you guys think?  I think it would attract a bunch of people if we had a raffle for like the KNC Titan Miner.  I'd buy a few tickets.  Just a thought. Grin
This is another good idea...

Keep them rolling dreamers Smiley

Yeah. At $10 a piece, we only need like 1050 tickets sold and there's the KNC Titan.  It would be nice if 1DRM = 1 ticket.  I'd be a happy camper.  Haha.
LancienMaleAlpha

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:48:48 AM

I'm extremely well connected with the permaculture and local food movement.  I assure you, getting the word out and getting people interested won't be very difficult...

Free money for removing something that costs them money?  We'll have some takers, don't worry.

I'm not worried about that...but I know some people too and getting them on a computer to understand cryptocurrencies is something that I have not been successful at.  But neither was their an incentive.

I know my way around the rhetoric...let me know what I can do.
Glad to have you on board.  I hope the rest of the community like the idea and we can rally around it.  I've been pondering starting my own coin for this but I like you guys.

Hey My Farm, glad to see this investment for this coin, all my respect, you re showing than all of us , even alone , can move a coin, I will help do my best to help you (on the market ^^ )

MIDEX ● BLOCKCHAIN BASED FINANCIAL PLATFORM
▬ with Licensed Exchange approved by Swiss Bankers and Lawyers
# WEBANN + BountyTelegramFacebookTwitterBlog # GET TOKENS #
MemoryShock

Activity: 728

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:51:38 AM

Looking forward to updates.

If the community decides to go in this direction then we need to start thinking of a plan to implement it.  I think that the last news article I posted could be a decent way to start - contact people who have had their Front Lawn Gardens attacked through legal means and have made headlines because of it.  They have already been through collaborations with groups that support the cause and have an inherent audience by which to communicate the idea.

So, I'm thinking we find a list of those people (a day of googling if that) and create a succinct proposition that explains how we can support what they already do.  As I stated, they have a circle of people on the topic that they already have interacted with and likely are still involved with so it is a matter of explaining the details of what crypto is and how it could benefit them.  Kind of like how Doge had to explain to NASCAR what they were but admittedly on a smaller scale (smaller scale but potentially a much more rapt audience).

Just an idea I am tossing out there that can be in addition to what the Dream Community and MyFarm might have in mind...I have no problem with doing any and all of that (with editorial input) if the community thinks it viable.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
trademark
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:53:34 AM

I'm extremely well connected with the permaculture and local food movement.  I assure you, getting the word out and getting people interested won't be very difficult...

Free money for removing something that costs them money?  We'll have some takers, don't worry.

I'm not worried about that...but I know some people too and getting them on a computer to understand cryptocurrencies is something that I have not been successful at.  But neither was their an incentive.

I know my way around the rhetoric...let me know what I can do.
Glad to have you on board.  I hope the rest of the community like the idea and we can rally around it.  I've been pondering starting my own coin for this but I like you guys.

Hey My Farm, glad to see this investment for this coin, all my respect, you re showing than all of us , even alone , can move a coin, I will help do my best to help you (on the market ^^ )

Considering the low amount of total coins and MyFarm holding most of them. lol.  It won't take much to shoot DRM to the clouds.  
merk475

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 05:13:44 AM

Polo 24 hour volume went from 2 BTC to 27!   Shocked
johnny_non

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 05:15:42 AM

We will need to iron out some details and delegate a team to handle canvasing and networking efforts with established organizations that would be willing to align themselves with our efforts.
I am proud of this community
Good job You guys are awesome

Collegestudent

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 05:17:24 AM

We will need to iron out some details and delegate a team to handle canvasing and networking efforts with established organizations that would be willing to align themselves with our efforts.

the dev himself was negative energy..now we have MyFarm's positive energy back.
merk475

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 05:18:27 AM

AND....the positive energy of the new dev.....who.....and get this.....listens to the community!
johnny_non

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 05:23:04 AM

AND....the positive energy of the new dev.....who.....and get this.....listens to the community!
The community is the heart of the coin and ultimately the make or break hinge. Without the community the coin itself holds little value.
You all are the most important part of this.

cryptoholic11

Activity: 560

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 07:05:07 AM

Hey Everyone.

I've been watching how you've handled what has transpired with Dreamcoin and have been nothing short of highly impressed.  This is one of the best early coin communities I have seen.  As such, I'd like to offer a suggestion on the direction this coin takes.  To show I am serious, I just bought the shit out of Dreamcoin; I am putting my money where my mouth is.  You may or may not remember me from the last thread, but let me just say, when it comes to Cryptocurrencies, I am VERY good at what I do.

The biggest issue Dreamcoin has right now is you have nothing to set you apart.  You're a clone coin.  There is no innovation.  There is nothing unique about you.  Yes, you might get lucky and get some sort of pump, but it won't be sustained.  I mean no disrespect when I say this, it's just the reality of cryptocurrency.

It doesn't have to be this way.  Dreamcoin can be something special.  Dreamcoin can do good in this world.  And as a result, all of you can profit.

I had a Dream...

I had a Dream where I walked through the villages, towns, and cities of the world and I didn't see any homes with lawns.  Lawns are an enormous environmental burden that take water, fertilizer, pesticides, and herbicides, and give NOTHING back except a nice looking park-like atmosphere.  They epitomize a culture disconnected from nature as well as their food supply.  But slowly, that has been changing.  People have been waking up to this reality and turning their lawns into food-producing gardens.  A couple examples:

Local food production MUST be a part of our future.  Removing our unproductive, resource-hogging lawns is a large part of that solution.  Installing organic gardens in their place helps the environment, provides high quality food in a world where food is becoming ever-more expensive and unhealthy, creates community, and the list goes on.  "Food not lawns" is a burgeoning movement and I feel Dreamcoin can play an enormous part in it, to everyone benefit.

How?

We incentivize people removing their FRONT lawns and installing a garden.  It may sound cheesy, but I assure you, this can be amazing.  For example:

1.  We would create a Dreamfund.  If the community agrees to this idea, I will start the fund with a donation of 25,000 DRM.
2.  Anyone who wants to take advantage of this incentive first takes a photo of their front lawn that will be removed WITH a piece of paper saying, "My Dream is becoming a reality thanks to Dreamcoin" or something along those lines. 
3.  They take measurements of the lawn to get a total square foot area.
4.  They post progress pics along the way.
5.  Once they are done, they receive $0.20 per square foot of lawn that was removed in Dreamcoin.  So if they removed 1000 square feet, they would get $200.00 worth of Dreamcoin.  Over time, this amount can be adjusted as necessary with people who have already submitted their photos being grandfathered in.

When all of this catches on, we can then begin partnering with local nurseries, farmers markets, CSAs, and the list goes on.

Let's make DRM serve a purpose.  Let's carve out a niche for Dreamcoin.  In my opinion, this would be an awesome one.  I realize not all of you would be thrilled about this specific niche, but it's something I know a lot about.  Not only can we do a lot of good, but if we do it well, the value of Dreamcoin will rise as well.  This will let each of you profit AND allow us the funding to help people replace even more lawns with food.  It can become a self-perpetuating cycle.

An X11 POS coin that isn't a pump and dump.  We don't need anonymity.  We don't need any of the buzzwords people use these days to pump their coins.  Because we will serve the greater good.  We will have a purpose.

What say you?

This is a great idea. I do disagree with 'we dont need anonymity.' We might not need it but it sure will add more appeal/luxury and added dimension to the coin. Look at all the anon coins out there. XC was selling at 1k satoshi until dev announced anon feature and now price is up to 100k (100X increase!). Sure anon feature might be a 'fad', which I dont believe it is, but it does not hurt to implement it. I understand you guys dont want to focus on the anon feature right now as you are still busy rebuilding, but in the future i believe it should be part of the plan.

WheresWaldo

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 07:15:43 AM

Hey Everyone.

I've been watching how you've handled what has transpired with Dreamcoin and have been nothing short of highly impressed.  This is one of the best early coin communities I have seen.  As such, I'd like to offer a suggestion on the direction this coin takes.  To show I am serious, I just bought the shit out of Dreamcoin; I am putting my money where my mouth is.  You may or may not remember me from the last thread, but let me just say, when it comes to Cryptocurrencies, I am VERY good at what I do.

The biggest issue Dreamcoin has right now is you have nothing to set you apart.  You're a clone coin.  There is no innovation.  There is nothing unique about you.  Yes, you might get lucky and get some sort of pump, but it won't be sustained.  I mean no disrespect when I say this, it's just the reality of cryptocurrency.

It doesn't have to be this way.  Dreamcoin can be something special.  Dreamcoin can do good in this world.  And as a result, all of you can profit.

I had a Dream...

I had a Dream where I walked through the villages, towns, and cities of the world and I didn't see any homes with lawns.  Lawns are an enormous environmental burden that take water, fertilizer, pesticides, and herbicides, and give NOTHING back except a nice looking park-like atmosphere.  They epitomize a culture disconnected from nature as well as their food supply.  But slowly, that has been changing.  People have been waking up to this reality and turning their lawns into food-producing gardens.  A couple examples:

the dream is real!!!

Local food production MUST be a part of our future.  Removing our unproductive, resource-hogging lawns is a large part of that solution.  Installing organic gardens in their place helps the environment, provides high quality food in a world where food is becoming ever-more expensive and unhealthy, creates community, and the list goes on.  "Food not lawns" is a burgeoning movement and I feel Dreamcoin can play an enormous part in it, to everyone benefit.

How?

We incentivize people removing their FRONT lawns and installing a garden.  It may sound cheesy, but I assure you, this can be amazing.  For example:

1.  We would create a Dreamfund.  If the community agrees to this idea, I will start the fund with a donation of 25,000 DRM.
2.  Anyone who wants to take advantage of this incentive first takes a photo of their front lawn that will be removed WITH a piece of paper saying, "My Dream is becoming a reality thanks to Dreamcoin" or something along those lines. 
3.  They take measurements of the lawn to get a total square foot area.
4.  They post progress pics along the way.
5.  Once they are done, they receive $0.20 per square foot of lawn that was removed in Dreamcoin.  So if they removed 1000 square feet, they would get $200.00 worth of Dreamcoin.  Over time, this amount can be adjusted as necessary with people who have already submitted their photos being grandfathered in.

When all of this catches on, we can then begin partnering with local nurseries, farmers markets, CSAs, and the list goes on.

Let's make DRM serve a purpose.  Let's carve out a niche for Dreamcoin.  In my opinion, this would be an awesome one.  I realize not all of you would be thrilled about this specific niche, but it's something I know a lot about.  Not only can we do a lot of good, but if we do it well, the value of Dreamcoin will rise as well.  This will let each of you profit AND allow us the funding to help people replace even more lawns with food.  It can become a self-perpetuating cycle.

An X11 POS coin that isn't a pump and dump.  We don't need anonymity.  We don't need any of the buzzwords people use these days to pump their coins.  Because we will serve the greater good.  We will have a purpose.

What say you?

This is a great idea. I do disagree with 'we dont need anonymity.' We might not need it but it sure will add more appeal/luxury and added dimension to the coin. Look at all the anon coins out there. XC was selling at 1k satoshi until dev announced anon feature and now price is up to 100k (100X increase!). Sure anon feature might be a 'fad', which I dont believe it is, but it does not hurt to implement it. I understand you guys dont want to focus on the anon feature right now as you are still busy rebuilding, but in the future i believe it should be part of the plan.

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable
johnny_non

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 07:57:35 AM

I will address the anon features again.
as previously stated that is a future plan. Not an immediate plan.
I am watching the development of these features on other coins. Some think first mover is the one that wins. I think first movers have first issues and wish to avoid any unforeseen problems that may arise as it is uncharted territory.
Please have patience with these types of developments. I do not make false promises and feel our better focus at this time is community growth and market share.
Myfarm and others have put forward awesome ideas. Public awareness of crypto and Dreamcoin specifically should be our spotlight of concern.
We have made good progress in pulling Dreamcoin back. We are not dead in the water or dying.
Thank you to all who have been part of this rescue, without you this coin would surely have sank.
It is an honor to be lead of such a community and look forward to what we can do.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: