Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:50:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about exchanging BTC for gold and gold resale  (Read 569 times)
don giovanni (OP)

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 12:21:01 AM

These btc for gold services, do they actually send you gold in the mail? If you sell your gold to a shop they typically ask for your info, is that info collected or searchable by the IRS? I mean is the sale private or does it become part of your government dossier? Are there better ways of getting your BTC out "off the books" other than cash-in-mail?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Projects

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 12:38:41 AM

Not sure how it works in America - I know in the UK they ask for your address and ID in most of the shops I have sold gold to, and if you purchase over £20k they also need your id.
However if you got cheap bars/coins/rounds from other members of the forum here or even some of the shops which sell for BTC what is to stop you selling it on ebay?
Usually you get a better price off ebay anyway than a "cash for gold" store

Buying Bitcoins for cash or gold/silver bullion many methods to pay you - pm me for more information
Bank transfer, Cash, Postal Order, Western Union, MoneyGram, SEPA, Amazon & More  - Worldwide Transfers Available
*NEW* BTC for Citibank P2P transfers - USD/EUR please pm me for more information
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: