Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:44:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ban SolidCoin  (Read 8194 times)
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 05:41:39 PM

Please, COME ON GUUUUYS!
BAN ALL SOLIDCOIN RELATED TOPICS!! Including CH!
That's enough.
Pleasee!

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jake262144

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 08:06:01 PM

That's enough.
Righto.
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 08:55:21 PM

Please, COME ON GUUUUYS!
That's enough.

+10
NothinG

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 31, 2012, 05:06:51 AM

So your position on this is "DMCA's dont affect me because im not under US law"
How about Megaupload?
Yes, exactly.
Megaupload had most of their servers located in USA, giving the USA a reason to psopena the servers.

Fiyasko
Legendary

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
February 01, 2012, 05:36:46 PM

So your position on this is "DMCA's dont affect me because im not under US law"
How about Megaupload?
Yes, exactly.
Megaupload had most of their servers located in USA, giving the USA a reason to psopena the servers.

While there is cleary more than two sides to this Megaupload DMCA ownage.
Im on the DMCA side... They DID have servers in the US, and that puts them under US law, And one of those laws is a DMCA... I see no foulplay..
There is ofcourse the whole "censorship is not the answer" part, But thats SOPA/ACTA/PIPA, Not DMCA, They are simmilar, But not at all the same.

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
1QaZxSw2

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2012, 09:34:31 PM

Instead of bitching about solidcoin, put your money where your mouth is:

Bet that solid coin will go below 0.001 by mar 31 2012

http://betsofbitco.in/item?id=263

PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 04, 2012, 04:10:05 AM

How did you measure that because I would have guessed namecoin or LTC. I'm pretty sure name coin and LTC are "bigger" than ShitCoin but please tell me how I am wrong.

It's hard to take you serious when you are so intentionally offensive.

SolidCoin is the biggest "alt chain" or second biggest cryptochain (currently behind Bitcoin) because of the following :-

1) Number of nodes
2) Market cap.  2.8 million coins in circulation at $0.05 USD  ($140000)

I'm not sure what metrics you would use but if you want to compare some other chains in market cap

NMC: 2017300 coins * $0.028 = $56585
LTC: 3702750 coins * $0.0064 = $23697

So we are nearly 3 times bigger than namecoin and 6 times bigger than LiteCoin.

As an observation, with the change in block reward, the price is halved to $0.025/SC so being generous that halves the market cap.  I also observe that total bids are just $450 and 265 BTC on BTC-e.
Syke (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
February 04, 2012, 06:20:24 AM

SolidCoin is the biggest "alt chain" or second biggest cryptochain (currently behind Bitcoin) because of the following :-

1) Number of nodes
1. Hashrate dropped from 34739 to 9021.
2. Price dropped from $.05 to $.02

Clearly the block reward is still too high. Why don't you try -5 SC per block?

Buy & Hold
Fiyasko
Legendary

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
February 04, 2012, 06:49:42 AM

1) Number of nodes
1. Hashrate dropped from 34739 to 9021.
2. Price dropped from $.05 to $.02

Clearly the block reward is still too high. Why don't you try -5 SC per block?

All this SC garbage is going to make the 50/25 block split So Much more painful...
with all the "lets try alt chains instead of staying on Satoshi's" it's going to Murder the public acceptablility of Bitcoins.
Anybody starting/running a cyrpto currency that isnt Bitcoin, Is a money lusting Bastard who is destroying the very source of income they hope to tap into.

What made bitcoins work? The knowledge that the are Finite,
So people go, "why wont this new currency i make work then?"
Because Bitcoins were a fucking test project that JUST SO HAPPENED to work out!, The more Fuckers creating ShitCoins, The more people they're will be to go "That 'bicoin' is garbage and isnt worth JackShit, Watch, I'll go create SuperSolidCoins!, They are Exactly like bitcoins, and therefore are going to work!" <--Fucking, Idiots.
It's Spiral of stupidity that Kills Bitcoins.
You Greedy FUCKS stop creating other alt currencys, Your devaluing bitcoins
You Asshole.

Kettenmonster

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

bool eval(bool b){return b ? b==true : b==false;}

View Profile
February 04, 2012, 01:47:46 PM

Sorry JackRabiit could you please reconsider the wording at the very end of your posting. It doesn´t help supporting your point.

Now back to topic.
If Bitcoins are good they will be copied or at least such attempts will be made.
That is how humans acted the past ages and they wont stop it just because somebody is yelling at them.
Those copycats are rather a proof for Bitcoin being worthy than a danger to its value.
Of cause they are both, but you can´t have one without the other.

p.s.
I'm a huge believer in evolution. (Linus Torvalds)

The paining (sic!) is done with the QPainter class inside the paintEvent() method.
(source: my internet)
1QaZxSw2

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2012, 06:31:48 PM

All this SC garbage is going to make the 50/25 block split So Much more painful...
with all the "lets try alt chains instead of staying on Satoshi's" it's going to Murder the public acceptablility of Bitcoins.
Anybody starting/running a cyrpto currency that isnt Bitcoin, Is a money lusting Bastard who is destroying the very source of income they hope to tap into.

What made bitcoins work? The knowledge that the are Finite,
So people go, "why wont this new currency i make work then?"
Because Bitcoins were a fucking test project that JUST SO HAPPENED to work out!, The more Fuckers creating ShitCoins, The more people they're will be to go "That 'bicoin' is garbage and isnt worth JackShit, Watch, I'll go create SuperSolidCoins!, They are Exactly like bitcoins, and therefore are going to work!" <--Fucking, Idiots.
It's Spiral of stupidity that Kills Bitcoins.
You Greedy FUCKS stop creating other alt currencys, Your devaluing bitcoins
You Asshole.

If bitcoin's design did not take copycats into account, then thats its own failing. The creation of multiple altcoins and subsequent failure is a necessary proof for the validity of a singular cryptocurrency.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: