Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:15:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GRN] Granite – X11 | DigiShield | Bittrex  (Read 47007 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
heibitchi

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 05:08:08 AM

I just want to let the dev know some of us are still mining after the recent dump.
Any word on finding help to add anon?

know  dve any more plan 

On this coin, what is your next goal

Grin Grin Grin

Good healthy X11 coin
I am late to see

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GraniteCoin (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 05:28:19 AM
Last edit: June 25, 2014, 05:45:14 AM by GraniteCoin

Dev, since the hashrate and price is recovering you should update us with your plan next.  Cheesy

I just want to let the dev know some of us are still mining after the recent dump.
Any word on finding help to add anon?

know  dve any more plan  
On this coin, what is your next goal

Anon implementation did not work out. Sorry.

What's your opinion about converting GRN to PoS (Proof-of-Stake)?

twitter.com/GraniteCoin
go6ooo1212
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

quarkchain.io

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 06:58:30 AM

But If you make it PoS , you'll have to inovate something new and unique to rise its value.
dearbesz

Activity: 375
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 08:37:20 AM

you have great logo,...interesting...!!! Grin
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 04:21:34 AM

Hi,

Im very new to the whole forum thing - but I do have a question.

GraniteCoin - are there any developments happening? If so, what may they be?

I have read the whole forum and see that there has been some shit slinging thats been going around, but Im curious to know what your idea is on the situation and whether you feel there is a future for this coin.

I am also curious what the rest of the forum think.

What does everyone else consider the furture of granitecoin will be?

I understand that SO many are talking about it being a dead coin - BUT like most things - some shaky ground is always a path to better things. Is it not?

GraniteCoin - Im perplexed as to why you havent promoted the coin any further with developments that will bring interest back into the coin. Anonymity was one - but that is a thing of the past now. Are there ideas that can be implemented that would respark interest again?

I guess Im asking these things because - as most are - I mine coins based on the future development AND value of the coin, so Im still quite interested in this coin. I think a great many people still are.

Anyway - Hello again and hope to hear from you soon - GraniteCoin and the public :)

btw - I have an issue with the last 28hours of syncing. It seems it just sits there and does nothing but hang. Any ideas?

lxru9999

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:08:52 AM

Hi,

Im very new to the whole forum thing - but I do have a question.

I have read the whole forum and see that there has been some shit slinging thats been going around, but Im curious to know what your idea is on the situation and whether you feel there is a future for this coin.

I am also curious what the rest of the forum think.

What does everyone else consider the furture of granitecoin will be?

I understand that SO many are talking about it being a dead coin - BUT like most things - some shaky ground is always a path to better things. Is it not?

GraniteCoin - Im perplexed as to why you havent promoted the coin any further with developments that will bring interest back into the coin. Anonymity was one - but that is a thing of the past now. Are there ideas that can be implemented that would respark interest again?

I guess Im asking these things because - as most are - I mine coins based on the future development AND value of the coin, so Im still quite interested in this coin. I think a great many people still are.

Anyway - Hello again and hope to hear from you soon - GraniteCoin and the public Smiley

btw - I have an issue with the last 28hours of syncing. It seems it just sits there and does nothing but hang. Any ideas?
I mine coins based on the future development
now  we need GRN dev have any more plan.
Now has been unable to update
GraniteCoin (OP)

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:45:54 AM

now  we need GRN dev have any more plan.

I am sorry to know about wallet sync issue. The sync issue was due to less mining activity. People need to start mining GRN for the block numbers to increase, and therefore all the counts will be back in sync again. I promoted GRN much for several weeks until the price fell so hard and it did not make any sense given the coin is simple without any innovative feature.  I am looking to improve the wallet with additional features and maybe tor implementation. If you are a developer willing to help/ suggestions, please pm me.

twitter.com/GraniteCoin
lxru9999

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 10:02:38 AM

now  we need GRN dev have any more plan.

I am sorry to know about wallet sync issue. The sync issue was due to less mining activity. People need to start mining GRN for the block numbers to increase, and therefore all the counts will be back in sync again. I promoted GRN much for several weeks until the price fell so hard and it did not make any sense given the coin is simple without any innovative feature.  I am looking to improve the wallet with additional features and maybe tor implementation. If you are a developer willing to help/ suggestions, please pm me.
Please keep this attitude of regular communication, we still remain confident GRN
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 08:29:34 AM

Well ... Im no developer nor a programmer of any sort - but I am a coin enthusiast and mine/trade various coins on the exchanges.

Dedicatedpool and Suchpool are the main pools I mine from - and can see that there is very little activity on GRN.

I guess with all that has been going on the market (the market being namely us as miners and people) have lost quite a bit of faith in GRN.

BUT - that does not mean its a bad design of a coin or that it reflects poorly on the community of the coin. What it means is that the surface value is lacking lustre and needs to be polished up a bit. Even Granite can be polished and look and solid and smooth as its counterparts.

In the most recent kerfuffle with the issue surrounding the bonus block - that stuns me. Yet a full and valid explanation as to the situations that happened around the loss of network hash and the lack of evidence as to where the funds have gone is yet to be forthcoming. This obviously leads to finger pointing and accusations. It all becomes a badly constructed flame war and slinging match - something that NO coin needs in its marketing.

It IS the PEOPLE that make the coin - not just the design of the coin itself.

So - in saying all that - I cannot contribute much at all in the developmental part of the coin - but I do like the structure and design as well as the fact that its not a POS coin - it relies purely on hash power.

The question still remains - there are many that will be happy to continue mining and trading the coin - but what can be done about resurrecting it from the fire and getting people back to this coin to make it something of value?

A clean slate and some more coins/bounties to be had? Not just in GRN coins - but also in BTC and other valuable items maybe?

A cleaner designed website and some refocus on what is important to a coins longevity- such as a trading platform (sales of products) in GRN and BTC currency?

Im just throwing things out there at the moment as I dont really know the inner workings of the coin itself - but I do still see some hefty potential if you can just get some faith back in the solidity of the coin ... after all - it IS made of rock Wink

As is said above also - current and regular communication with the maket (yes - the PEOPLE)  is obviously the most valuable part - anythign thats just FUD - delete and discard ...

Just my view - nothing more here Smiley

Krista

Activity: 463

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 10:05:58 AM

I don't synchronize a wallet.
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 11:21:35 AM

I don't synchronize a wallet.

Krista - the wallet takes quite a while to synchronize due to the low network hash rate.

It WILL sync if you just leave it open for a few hours (and that you are connected to the internet of course) Wink

Mine took 3 hours to sync a few days - so be patient.

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 01:56:24 PM

Hi guys,

How many GRN has everyone got?

Any for sale?

Thanks Smiley

Kenta

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 07:55:48 PM

Well ... Im no developer nor a programmer of any sort - but I am a coin enthusiast and mine/trade various coins on the exchanges.

Dedicatedpool and Suchpool are the main pools I mine from - and can see that there is very little activity on GRN.

I guess with all that has been going on the market (the market being namely us as miners and people) have lost quite a bit of faith in GRN.

BUT - that does not mean its a bad design of a coin or that it reflects poorly on the community of the coin. What it means is that the surface value is lacking lustre and needs to be polished up a bit. Even Granite can be polished and look and solid and smooth as its counterparts.

In the most recent kerfuffle with the issue surrounding the bonus block - that stuns me. Yet a full and valid explanation as to the situations that happened around the loss of network hash and the lack of evidence as to where the funds have gone is yet to be forthcoming. This obviously leads to finger pointing and accusations. It all becomes a badly constructed flame war and slinging match - something that NO coin needs in its marketing.

So - in saying all that - I cannot contribute much at all in the developmental part of the coin - but I do like the structure and design as well as the fact that its not a POS coin - it relies purely on hash power.

The question still remains - there are many that will be happy to continue mining and trading the coin - but what can be done about resurrecting it from the fire and getting people back to this coin to make it something of value?

A clean slate and some more coins/bounties to be had? Not just in GRN coins - but also in BTC and other valuable items maybe?

A cleaner designed website and some refocus on what is important to a coins longevity- such as a trading platform (sales of products) in GRN and BTC currency?

Im just throwing things out there at the moment as I dont really know the inner workings of the coin itself - but I do still see some hefty potential if you can just get some faith back in the solidity of the coin ... after all - it IS made of rock Wink

As is said above also - current and regular communication with the maket (yes - the PEOPLE)  is obviously the most valuable part - anythign thats just FUD - delete and discard ...

Looks like the dev is online every now and then. It would have been interesting to know if he still is keen or if he has other plans..

Trade your cryptocoins at: ◣ bleutrade.com ◢◣ C-Cex.com ◢
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 02:17:31 AM

Looks like the dev is online every now and then. It would have been interesting to know if he still is keen or if he has other plans..

It seems that some plans are on the table - but what they are, how they are going to be implemented, when they are going to see the light of day and how much they will impact the coin is yet to be seen - if at all.

The dev/owner seems like a very nice bloke. He is level headed and has been set back by a few things - but is also concerned as to what the future will be for GRN. He seems fair and adjusted in the fact that it has been quiet BUT will do what he can for the liquidity and stability of the coin. His concern is for the value of the coin and the community that surround it from what I can see. So a number of things may happen here. It depends on a few things I suppose.

I guess a public announcement will be forthcoming soon if anything does.

Looks like a good coin dev/programmer is going to be sought and a number of ideas implemented if that happens.

I for one would like to see this coin pick up from the lows (which it recently has) and grow into a viable commodity.

Im on his (dev/owner) side to see this grow.

crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 12:17:30 AM

Hi Granite,

Im trying to contact you and dont know if you are getting the messages.

Could you please get in touch with me for further discussions.

Thanks mate Smiley

OmanDisux

Activity: 8

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:21:54 AM

I started mining this coin this week and everything was working great then today the blocks just stopped coming.  Is the blockchain stuck?
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 12:58:19 PM

I started mining this coin this week and everything was working great then today the blocks just stopped coming.  Is the blockchain stuck?

I dont think its a block chain issue - its the hashrate. The higher the hashrate the more blocks you can find.

Which pool were you mining from?

I will be back on mining in two days time also - although we are waiting to see what will happen with the coin.

Some background happenings are - well - happening, but nothing concrete yet.

Just keep the miners going and eventually you will get a block or 3 Wink

crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 01:09:07 PM

hang on - I remember you on dedicatedpool - yes?

Smiley

OmanDisux

Activity: 8

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:38:11 PM

Smiley

Correct, I was still doing well after you stopped for awhile but then the blocks just stopped and the diff seemed way too high for the net hash so I wasn't sure if something happened to the coin so I pulled my miners. I noticed the chain did move one block last night.  I like these no pos, no anon, no bs coins, once all the scam coins have run their course and people get sick of it, I think they will come back to solid mining coins like Granite, hiro, and a few others and if they do, now is the time to accumulate.
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 06:59:54 AM

Smiley

Correct, I was still doing well after you stopped for awhile but then the blocks just stopped and the diff seemed way too high for the net hash so I wasn't sure if something happened to the coin so I pulled my miners. I noticed the chain did move one block last night.  I like these no pos, no anon, no bs coins, once all the scam coins have run their course and people get sick of it, I think they will come back to solid mining coins like Granite, hiro, and a few others and if they do, now is the time to accumulate.

I totally agree - which is why I like the coin so much.

Like you said - its a no BS coin - which in its simplicity - is quite a solid mining coin.

The coin still has MANY left to mine (about 62.5 million) - so there is still a great deal of growth if it can stabalize.

I just hope we can save the coin from extinction soon ...

crysx

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: