Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:25:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] 7 More Markets being removed from Bittrex on Monday May 26th  (Read 4758 times)
Bittrex-Bill (OP)

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 12:56:38 AM
Last edit: May 24, 2014, 08:32:57 PM by Bittrex-Bill

We look for coins that have high community demand, innovations to cryto-coin technology, or a contribution to science and humanity. We believe in aggressively taking chances on coins and letting the free market sort out which coins should thrive. We just as aggressively prune our markets to allow new coins the visibility to grow in our exchange.

Below you will find 7 markets that we're removing on Monday, May 26th.  If you'd like to see them stick around, the best thing to do is trade and get the market active again.  We generated this list based on average volume in the last week (must have at least 0.1 BTC per day to pay for itself) and length of time on Bittrex.  

GiarCoin: https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-GIAR
GroestlCoin: https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-GRS
GuarantCoin: https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-GTC
LimeCoin: https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-LC
PolishCoin: https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-PCC
PlatinumCoin: https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-PT

Keeping for another week:
SaveCoin:  https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-SPC

We'll follow a pattern of announcing and removing under-performing markets twice a week.  We'll announce the next set of candidates for deletion on Monday for removal on Friday.

After a market is deleted, you will have 14 days to remove your funds before we shut down the wallet (provided the blockchain permits it.)

Removals for May 23:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=620401

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rubberpool

Activity: 140

POOL.MN - we mine the hottest coins!

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 07:57:37 AM

gj! delete those shitcoins away  Grin

platorin

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 12:50:06 PM

Great. Polishcoin was a joke to begin with. Also, consider removing CWC - it's a scam with unprofessional development, or rather no development at all.
derrend

Activity: 707
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 02:57:12 AM

We look for coins that have high community demand, innovations to cryto-coin technology, or a contribution to science and humanity. We believe in aggressively taking chances on coins and letting the free market sort out which coins should thrive. We just as aggressively prune our markets to allow new coins the visibility to grow in our exchange.
But then why do you not trade Quarkbar?
Communities don't get more active than that Smiley
sylwt

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 04:21:36 AM

what???
CleanWaterCoin

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 06:38:16 AM

Great. Polishcoin was a joke to begin with. Also, consider removing CWC - it's a scam with unprofessional development, or rather no development at all.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=526513.msg6903467#msg6903467

CleanWaterCoin.org | A Crypto Charity
2fresh

Activity: 782
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 06:44:35 AM

But then why do you not trade Quarkbar?
Communities don't get more active than that Smiley

+1
if im not mistaken somebody from the community has already submitted it to bittrex. or you guys have been making all this room for QB?  Wink
4roxx101

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 09:34:45 AM

You can't really be fairer than that bittrex.

Mine Hard Mine Fast Mine The Future........
foxill1

Activity: 58
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:34:17 PM

CarbonEmissionTradeCoin CT Adaptive N Scrypt
Environmental coins need a stage
He will have a good performance..
42coin fever

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 01:09:49 AM
Last edit: May 25, 2014, 01:30:59 AM by 42coin fever

Coin2 is under re-construction after Mintpal/NC2 security issue led to double spent... couldn't be ready if action taken right now.
It would be unfair to us all who still believe Bittrex able to do something to keep it.
Just like the real exchanges, it don't count on vol but rather delist ultra low value stock. The sleeper equity will one day turn around eventually create vol.
Especially Bitrex user have Coin like Coin2 set at open orders Sell as well as Buy at both end.

My Proposal: Bittrex should not delist any of the low trade vol coins. Instead classified into a class of Low Trade Vol Coins. Be creative instead of follow the other exchange. Be a leader to become a real Cryptocoins exchange.

From what I observing, most of the listed coins in Bittrex have lower trade vol compare to other exchanges with same coins. Bittrex should try re-evaluate marketing strategy do something different instead doing something same. The webdesign main page already turn a person off. Bare in mind, Bittrex is an exchange, not graphic media site. If Bittrex want fancy desige main page, then don't list the coins on main page. If bittrex wants the coins on main page, reduce those eyes sore and turn a trader off banners to minimal size.

Free advice: List all qualified coins. Classified it into 3 sub Cat. : Normal, Low Trade Vol, Low Value. Only delist  a coin with LTV and LV.
To qualify as Low value is coins under 10 Santoshi for weeks.  Or Simply with a list of top 10 coins, mid 50 coins, and Under par Coins.

Be innovative. Bittrex could come up with new products: Future market for the Cryptos and Options for Crytos. Let traders hedge on it. This is free consultaion from us. Dinumo Crypto Investment group.

Merci

P/S:  If Bittrex keep doing like Poloniex and few others, Bittrex will eventually lost not only coins but investors as well as traders. Including us in the near future..Think about it, if an exchange didn't have products unique from others, and continue delist coins due to low vol, why the hassle stick around? Isn't that make sense to consolidate focus into more liquid exchanges?
HaRR0o

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 01:10:29 AM

Add California Coin  Grin
42coin fever

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 01:19:53 AM

Reason NASDAQ became one of the world biggest exchange in few short years, not because it listed only Techn firms, but rather never delist any firm due to low trade vol or low value. Dow used to keep delist those stocks lack of trade vol as well as drop value, eventually the practice almost caught a fire on it own ass force to evolve. in Dow 35, dow 100 ..etc. Same as NYSE been force to evolve. Question is will Bittrex see the picture to evolve before others ahead of game become NASDAQ of Cryptocoins?

Beside,  Crypto derivatives could help attract more hedgers into market led of multifold trade vol. increases. I believe it also a new way to  lure innovators into the cryptocoins technology help fix current security flaw that only benefit hackers and thieves..
soccosocco

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:25:54 AM

thanks for you information  Smiley
Bittrex-Bill (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 05:22:47 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2014, 09:12:00 PM by Bittrex-Bill

Reason NASDAQ became one of the world biggest exchange in few short years, not because it listed only Techn firms, but rather never delist any firm due to low trade vol or low value. Dow used to keep delist those stocks lack of trade vol as well as drop value, eventually the practice almost caught a fire on it own ass force to evolve. in Dow 35, dow 100 ..etc. Same as NYSE been force to evolve. Question is will Bittrex see the picture to evolve before others ahead of game become NASDAQ of Cryptocoins?

Beside,  Crypto derivatives could help attract more hedgers into market led of multifold trade vol. increases. I believe it also a new way to  lure innovators into the cryptocoins technology help fix current security flaw that only benefit hackers and thieves..

I completely understand this view point and one of our goals is to provide the widest selection of coins.  Your NASDAQ analogy is only partially correct.  Yes, we are removing some markets for under performance because the coin communities have chosen other exchanges as their home.  I understand the criticism and I've been working with coin devs who've reached out to us and asked to remain listed.  In fact, we'll be relaunching several of the coins we've removed in the last month. But there are a lot of coins whose devs have disappeared and their hash rates have dropped dramatically making the networks unstable.  That would be like the NASDAQ allowing bankrupt and closed companies to continue to trade on their exchange.  

We've received both positive and negative feedback on our new policy and we're considering all options moving forward.  We haven't been tone deaf to the community and have gladly kept around coins whose developers have been willing to dialog with us.  
trackmaster

Activity: 84
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 07:51:56 PM

Thank you Bill. I do understand your position to protect the investors from poor coin markets and bad Dev. Your exchange is great and we hope you
continue to make it successful. My own fault for mining so many alt's early and hope for greater returns from all. Keep up the good work.
Keppel

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 10:39:43 PM

Is it possible to allow transfer out even on suspended trading coins? Because maybe the blockchain is down for a long time, more than 14 days, but the coin could come back to life sometime? Otherwise, the value stored in Bittrex wallet becomes destroyed?
Acidyo

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 10:44:19 PM

What happened to Limecoin?
Bittrex-Bill (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 12:43:57 AM

Is it possible to allow transfer out even on suspended trading coins? Because maybe the blockchain is down for a long time, more than 14 days, but the coin could come back to life sometime? Otherwise, the value stored in Bittrex wallet becomes destroyed?

We're going to allow people to transfer out for 14 days after we remove the market then shut down the wallet.  At that point, we're going to 0 out everyone's balances and no longer support the wallet.  If we add the market again, we'll start fresh with a new wallet and 0 balances for everyone. 

Keppel

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:44:23 AM

I think if I have value in bittrex wallet and the blockchain is down then my value will be gone forever because bittrex deleted it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: